What red dot sight

im looking for a red dot sight for my micro galil project it will be mounted from the side rail i already have the mount but im unsure which red dot will work best for the $ i dont want to spend a fortune on it but i dont want a pile of crap either i want a dot that is this style

http://cgwgun.com/images/TG8300B.gif

any ideas ?

Might want to give this a look:

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&...5538&page=1

RDPIIDot.jpg

I have been looking into buying a red dot site for mine... i know nothing about this shit.. quick question, whats the easiest/cheapest way to mount one of those on a saiga? I really dont like the way sidemounts look and i think it looks kinda wierd mounted above the gastube, if possible i would want to mount it to the dust cover. The issue i see with this is that it would throw it off zero every time you took it off or after firing a few times. what can I do here?

I HAD one of the ones that tickbite supply sells. The one without the light sensor. I never even got to zero the thing in before it literally fell apart. I took 2 shots with it and when going to take the third shot I noticed that the red dot was now pointing about 6 feet to the right of where it should have been. I used the iron sight for the third shot and as soon as the gun went off the glass from the red dot came flying out and landed about 4 feet in front of the bench. I'll never buy one of those again.

mmm... mine works good use it on my GPWASR 10 and haven't have any problems with it makes it easy for close shoots, past 70y i use iron sites. With that red dot i can shoot targets on rapid fire pretty easy at close range, other than that I'm glade i didn't spend over $100 on a red dot I guess i made out good as my street Buddy's would say man they hooked up up PHAT!!

I used a Bushnell 1x32 red/green dot scope ($150) for a while, but it would turn off unexpectedly. I think the contact in the battery compartment, which is also the on-off switch was faulty. I sent it back. It was a great scope when it worked, but unfortunately that was not all the time. I read that Aimpoint scopes are incredibly sturdy and reliable, and they have an amazing battery life as well. So I bought an Aimpoint CompC3 and I have no complaints so far. It was been rock solid, holds zero and the adjustment clicks are repeatable. I got it for less than $400 delivered. It's more expensive than your cheap red dots, but I guess if you want it to work right all the time, you have to spend some money.

saiga2a.jpg

I have been looking into buying a red dot site for mine... i know nothing about this shit.. quick question, whats the easiest/cheapest way to mount one of those on a saiga? I really dont like the way sidemounts look and i think it looks kinda wierd mounted above the gastube, if possible i would want to mount it to the dust cover. The issue i see with this is that it would throw it off zero every time you took it off or after firing a few times. what can I do here?

Mounting a red dot forward over the gas tube will give you a better forward view. Otherwise, when the scope is in close, it blocks quite a bit more of your forward view. The Ultimak picatinny rail that replaces the gas tube is quite solid. I like it better than using the receiver side mount. I have never liked the idea of a receiver cover mount, for the obvious reasons that it gets removed and replaced. I like the idea of replacing the rear sight with a picatinny mount, but I have never seen those for sale in the USA.

In my opinion, the desired mount types are: receiver cover mount < receiver side mount < Ultimak gas tube replacement < rear sight replacement with picatinny mount.

Mounting a red dot forward over the gas tube will give you a better forward view. Otherwise, when the scope is in close, it blocks quite a bit more of your forward view. The Ultimak picatinny rail that replaces the gas tube is quite solid. I like it better than using the receiver side mount. I have never liked the idea of a receiver cover mount, for the obvious reasons that it gets removed and replaced. I like the idea of replacing the rear sight with a picatinny mount, but I have never seen those for sale in the USA.

In my opinion, the desired mount types are: receiver cover mount < receiver side mount < Ultimak gas tube replacement < rear sight replacement with picatinny mount.

Check this place out. http://www.scoutscopes.com/

Brother, I use ultimaks all the time on my guns, plus I got PK-01 self adjusting red dots on the

guns, cant complain about the red dots and rails, all red dots and irons co witness and

life is a lot easier. The PK-01 can be beat for the price, man they are same quality as more

expensive red dots and with the 1 MOA and self adjusting no problems hitting stuff

any time of the day up to 100 meter for small stuff. Or just use the irons true them if I want.

PK-01 goes for like 160.00 bucks , they have been abuse, drop red dot first gun on top

and other Fubar stuff and they still there like nothing, they 30 mm and use 30mm low rings

to mount them on top of the ultimaks rails.

:D

Edited by vjor