NOW SHIPPING S-12 Hand Guard from Tromix (pics)

Here's the new Tromix S-12 hand guard. It's basically the 8" shorty hand guard, extended for a stock gun.

It fits very tightly and is extremely rigid. Zero movement or flex. Attaches using the standard Tromix Tapco Galil bracket. I have not tried it, but I imagine it would fit directly on any standard AK rifle as well.

These will be available through www.MississippiAutoArms in the next few weeks. Pricing is not yet available.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

HG1.jpg

HG3.jpg

HG2.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

are these still available?

Posted Images

is that a modified agp mag? looks short!

Tony sells a baseplate to cut AGP mags down. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=21869

BTW very nice handguard good to have a alternate to the tapco galil guard, Do they come vented as shown in the pic?

post-6703-1200015528_thumb.jpg

Edited by Superhawk138
  • 2 weeks later...
Here's the new Tromix S-12 hand guard. It's basically the 8" shorty hand guard, extended for a stock gun.

It fits very tightly and is extremely rigid. Zero movement or flex. Attaches using the standard Tromix Tapco Galil bracket. I have not tried it, but I imagine it would fit directly on any standard AK rifle as well.

These will be available through www.MississippiAutoArms in the next few weeks. Pricing is not yet available.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

HG1.jpg

HG3.jpg

HG2.jpg

Will the HG fit other Saigas, esspecially the 308? Or Could it be modified if it doesnt fit?

I just test fitted one to my .308 and yes it can be made to work I think. You would have to get a special custom made AK type HG retainer like the one I'm using from dinzag.

Tony sent me one to evaluate and let me say this...it fits rock solid on the S-12 and looks better than the Tapco Galil style.

It is tighter to the gas tube at the top so it doesn't require the huge amount of work the other one does to get to the form it is in. By the time you pay someone to modify, ventilate, and fit the Galil HG to an S-12, AND have to buy a special made HG retainer, this one is much less expensive too. The fit and finish is EXCELLENT and the flat bottom is good if you want to mount a rail to it. I still haven't had much time with it and would like to check out a few more things before starting a "review" thread but from what I see so far this is a very nice product and the best option I've seen yet for an aftermarket HG for Saigas. :up:

Edited by Cobra 76 two
No. The fit wasn't quite right, so we're making a few adjustments to it.

Should be ready in about 3 weeks.

Tony

I could help evaluate this product :rolleyes: Let me know if you need anymore product testers. I could give it the desert torture test! If not Can I get on the list to get this. Please note all of the exact fastner parts needed. Does the hand guard come with everything needed to fit it properly to a stock S-12?