TWO 308-Specific questions, if you please!

Hello to all! I am considering the purchase of a Saiga 308, but i have a few questions. please note that I have not been on this site for several months, but did not find these questions answered in realatively recent threads:

1-I was thinking of getting the gun with standard trigger setup and skeltonized stock. Is there anyone out there doing trigger work to these standard triggers to make them a bit more usable? I have a 223 and am going to convert is as I hate the standard trigger!

2-I am NOT trying to start a flame war here because I did readnot to do this, but need to know if the surefire and FBMG mags are of good quality and are generally available.

thanks!

With a little work and polishing, the standard trigger isn't bad. Mine has a longish take up, but a nice break. It's more like a good shotgun trigger. It did take a while to get used to the trigger "swing up".

I bought 11 of the FBMG mags (from the original preorder days!!)and took them out last month finally. I loaded all up to capacity and tested them in 20f weather. I could not get a single one to work reliably for me. I sent them back to FBMG for testing and repair. we'll see how well they work when they get back. The factory mags worked fine in the same test by the way.

jack

Do a conversion and get away from the standard trigger. Get a Tapco G2 trigger and do the grinding/polishing of the hammer yourself. It's satisfying to get that perfect feel of your trigger by doing it yourself, and the Tapco is much cheaper than the RSA. I had zero experience as a gunsmith and I converted mine to a PG/new trigger without any trouble.

I bought 11 of the FBMG mags (from the original preorder days!!)and took them out last month finally. I loaded all up to capacity and tested them in 20f weather. I could not get a single one to work reliably for me. I sent them back to FBMG for testing and repair. we'll see how well they work when they get back. The factory mags worked fine in the same test by the way.

jack

That's really odd. I only have a couple that I got the other day - tested them both slow and rapid fire and they fed and functioned flawlessly. Sorry to hear about yours, but mine worked just fine. Please let us know how things go with the customer service etc.