Sling attachment points?

I'm sure at least some Tromix Saiga owners have slings on them. Where do you guys attach slings? In particular, on folding stock versions (like an S06)?

If there are no ready attachment points I may ask Tony to install some on my upcoming S06 build. I'm thinking a shallow "U" shaped bracket welded onto the side of the rear receiver and some sort of M16-like front sling attachment.

I'm sure at least some Tromix Saiga owners have slings on them. Where do you guys attach slings? In particular, on folding stock versions (like an S06)?

If there are no ready attachment points I may ask Tony to install some on my upcoming S06 build. I'm thinking a shallow "U" shaped bracket welded onto the side of the rear receiver and some sort of M16-like front sling attachment.

I have been thinking about adding a Front sling mount to my TROMIX SBS also. I just haven't taken the time to do it.

After I got my Tromix .223 Saiga, I mulled over this problem for several weeks. I finally came up with this solution, which I like very, very much.

I removed the Saiga front hand guard and installed one of Dinzag's hand guard retaining plate (along with a Bulgarian lower hand guard and Ultimak rail upper), which has a sling attachment. I use the loop in the Tromix stock for the rear attachment point.

I use the Blue Force Gear - Vicker's Combat Applications sling with a Blue Force Gear hook-clip adapter on the front. I think it's the bees' knees. I have two and wouldn't trade them for a spotted hog.

saiga2a.jpg

Edited by GeoJAP
  • 3 weeks later...
A single point sling is the way to go.

if you are raiding a house or assaulting an airplane maybe, but not to good for normal life. Unless you are holding it while you are moving the gun swings around wildly usually ending up hitting you in the nuts.. I want a two point mounting so it will stay in place.