***UPDATE 1/16/08***

Tapco G2 single hook trigger groups, pistol grip screws and bushings, and Tapco SAW grips ordered today.

Thanks,

Jake

***UPDATE 1/15/08***

'Phase 1' is full.' I'm happy to continue taking payments, but becauase of ACE parts availability, I will not be able to send additional kits out until mid Feb.

I will update with deadline for payment in early Feb. As of now, there are only 11 spots left in the group buy.

Thanks,

Jake

***UPDATE 1/14/08***

I'm sorry to inform you that there is likely going to be a holdup on ACE's end for this group buy. I've just spoken with my contact there and they are short the ACE receiver blocks. He indicated that he 'thinks' he can get me 10 of the blocks in a week and the rest in mid-Feb. First people to pay will be the first to recieve their kit. The rest will be delayed pending delivery of the remainder of the blocks. Sorry for the delay, but this is beyond my control. I will give up my paid slot until Feb. to allow another member to get their's early. This will leave 6 additional folks in 'phase 1'. If you can wait, please do. If not, please email me with your intent to pay. I'll hold these spots.

Thanks for understanding, Jake

***UPDATE 1/14/08 #2***

For my sanity, this group buy will be limited to 30 participants.

***UPDATE 1/15/08

All ACE folders will be medium pull and with 1" recoil pad.

Hello,

I'm putting together a group buy for the following items:

1) Tapco G2 single hook trigger group

2) Pistol grip bushing and screw

3) Folding ACE Mechanism

4) ACE skeleton stock (medium length with 1" recoil pad)

5) ACE internal reciever block

6) Tapco SAW pistol grip OR Ergo pistol grip (Ergo grip available as option until 1/22/08)

7) Disconnector spring

8) Shepherds crook

The entire package will be available for $188 shipped CONUS. Group buy will continue for 2 weeks or until we have 10 members (whichever is later).

Because I am a MI resident and business owner, I'm required to collect 6% sales tax on any kit shipped to a MI address.

Payment can be made by US Postal Service Money order or by paypal +3.5% to cover their fees.

I will track members of the group buy here and indicate when I have receieved payment.

I have feedback at uzitalk.com

Feedback

Please contact me here to be included:

My EMAIL

Please include your screen name with all emails and PM's!

Wow, this is going pretty fast. May end this early. List of group buy members thus far (let me know if I've made an error):

1) Jmacken37: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; paid

2) 2 liter ABs: 1 Kit with SAW pistol grip; NOT paid

3) tritium: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; paid

4) Borsig: 1 Kit with SAW pistol grip; paid

5) machinisttx: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; NOT paid

6) FIFTY: 1 Kit with SAW pistol grip; NOT paid

7) AZLS1: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; paid

8) Gixzer: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; paid

9) biskitz: 1 Kit with SAW pistol grip; paid

10) M4fun: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; paid

11) OVERKILL: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; paid

12) streetrod: 1 Kit with SAW pistol grip; NOT paid

13) kyhelo: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; NOT paid

14) rjs34: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; paid

15) tofer: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; paid pending arrival of UPS MO

16) techya: 2 Kits with SAW pistol grip; NOT paid

17) techya: see above

18) Scott: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; NOT paid

19) scootertrash: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; paid

20) Azrial: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; NOT paid

21) Henn: 1 Kit with SAW grip; NOT paid

22) rcwalla: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; paid 1/19

23) gkellys: 1 Kit with SAW grip; NOT paid

24) nyclu3: 1 Kit with Ergo pistol grip; paid 1/20

Edited by jmacken37
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone tell me what mod is required for the folding stock to fit the shotgun

After you move the factory trigger group forward, you'll need to cut the rear stock mounting tang so this internal block can be mounted.

Instructions are included.

Nalioth,

I've no idea. I was told by Tony of Tromix that we needed a Shepherds crook and that he'd be willing to supply one. Very gracious guy. Anyway, I'm ordering them from him and will include whatever he sends in the kit.

Jake

Edited by jmacken37
Sheperds crook is the flat one on the right

.... this is why I asked. Marketers have misused the term so much, nobody knows what they're talking about any more.

The shepherds crook is the original wire retainer used by the commies. It is called so because it is shaped like the classic shepherds crook/hook.

crook.jpg

The item of which you speak is a "fire control group retainer plate", which can replace the shepherds crook shaped wire retainer.

Now that's a great pic!

Nalioth, is the crook not as good as the plate? I'm happy to look into other options, but I got the recommendation from someone who I figure knows much more than me. If it works, I'm fine with it. If a fire control group retainer plate is better, I'm happy to look into that, too.

Jake

Edited by jmacken37
Now that's a great pic!

Nalioth, is the crook not as good as the plate? I'm happy to look into other options, but I got the recommendation from someone who I figure knows much more than me. If it works, I'm fine with it. If a fire control group retainer plate is better, I'm happy to look into that, too.

Jake

jmacken37, the problen is that which I stated above. Marketers have used both terms for the plate interchangeably. Until someone chimes in with what exactly it is, we're all cats in a box.

The original retaining wire can be a royal PITA to put in place, whereas the plate literally drops in.

Think of an hour of swearing, sweating and intricate needle nose surgery vs 2 seconds of 'literally drops in place' for the average person.

I designed the retaining wire to be easy to install, and stay put, once installed.

You just drop it into the receiver right behind the rear pin, then slide it forward while pressing down on the long front leg.

When it is nearly seated, you insert a screw driver behind it, and using the safety as pry point, pry it forward until it clips completely over the rear pin.

However, if you guys want something else, that's fine with me, I would rather not screw with this for 10 dollars anyway.

Retainer.jpg

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

The retaining plates do not just drop right in on an S-12 conversion. They are a pain in the ass and also cost over twice as much as the regular sheperd's crook.

They are made to fit an AK rifle and do drop in with those. On the S-12 the top has to be ground off and the notches widened or they will not work. Not only are they hard to get the selector back thru, but the bolt carrier will drag on the top of the plate and bind up.

I need in on this please. Just now getting into the Saiga 12.

need SAW Grip.

QUESTION:

the pic you show has the ACE stock with the sling swivel. Are you sure that it comes with the sling swivel in this buy? Yes I would like the sling swivel.

email being sent.

***UPDATE***

I got the shepherds crooks and disconnector springs from Tony today. Thanks!

Also got 1/2 of the SAW grips, 30 single hook FCG's, and and 30 grip screws/bushings today. We're headed in the right direction!

I'm just waiting on the ERGO grips and the ACE parts.

Reference the sling swivels, it looks like they are included. The following is from ACE's website description:

ACE's famous AKFX folding skeleton stock. Includes all parts and hardware to mount it to your stamped AK. AKRBC Internal Receiver Block (AKRBC), folding stock mechanism (FSM-SMG), Skeleton stock AKFX(specify length), 1 1/4" sling mount and 1/2" recoil pad. Fits all common 1 mm and 1.6 mm AK receivers that are designed to accept a wood stock. Modification to your receiver is necessary. The "tang" that protrudes from the back of the receiver must be cut-off and then filed or ground flat. This folding stock can be set-up to fold left or right. There is also 3/8" of vertical adjustment in the Folding Mechanism: so the stock can be adjusted to clear the charging handle when folded to the ejection port side.

Our stocks will differ in that I ordered 1" recoil pads. I figure the shotgun will be a bit more comfortable with them.

Jake

Edited by jmacken37
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.