My package arrived yesterday. I think I am going to take it all to a good AK smih that I know. No spare time or confidence in my tooling skills these days. The group buy savings will help pay the bill. Great group buy Jake. Thanks for the time and trouble.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

s12convert.jpg

got it together. :wub:

In addition to the other custom fitting, I had to also grind down the top of the Tapco allen bolt that fixes the "stock block" to the rear rcvr area. the latch button/spring that keeps the rcvr cover wouldnt slide all the way back.

also had to forgo the shepards crook for some individual pin clips, the crook just would not slide on ?

I already had the Tan SAW grip and Galil forearm, from a yugo underfolder project that they did not work on. :rolleyes:

Krylon Satin Black paint to touch up.

When its all said and done, I can see why Tony Rumore is backed up with conversion orders, as this was not a simple bolt together process. I used a air die grinder with a carbide burr, and an air cut off wheel, a drill of course, and a sawzall. Used a loop of dental floss to pull the Bolt-hold-open spring down so I could pass the pin througn it. I tried quite a bit with pushing the spring down but it was not friendly.

s12convert.jpg

In addition to the other custom fitting, I had to also grind down the top of the Tapco allen bolt that fixes the "stock block" to the rear rcvr area. the latch button/spring that keeps the rcvr cover wouldnt slide all the way back.

also had to forgo the shepards crook for some individual pin clips, the crook just would not slide on ?

I already had the Tan SAW grip and Galil forearm, from a yugo underfolder project that they did not work on. :rolleyes:

When its all said and done, I can see why Tony Rumore is backed up with conversion orders, as this was not a simple bolt together process. I used a air die grinder with a carbide burr, and an air cut off wheel, a drill of course, and a sawzall. Used a loop of dental floss to pull the Bolt-hold-open spring down so I could pass the pin througn it. I tried quite a bit with pushing the spring down but it was not friendly.

Looks good.

I drilled and tapped the rear stock adapter to cover the 4 holes, I have to cut the pistol grip hole next :unsure:

Edited by Gixser
s12convert.jpg

Just confirmed my decision to let my Smith do it. I don't feel like it and I want it done yesterday!

Got mine. Thanks. I do have one question, is there a place somewhere on the forum or elsewhere that gives a step by step process on doing this conversion. I am finding bits and pieces of info here and there, some for the S-12 and some for the AK. I am actually more confused on what I need to do. Thanks

Got mine. Thanks. I do have one question, is there a place somewhere on the forum or elsewhere that gives a step by step process on doing this conversion. I am finding bits and pieces of info here and there, some for the S-12 and some for the AK. I am actually more confused on what I need to do. Thanks

Ok,

Consider me in I would like to place an order for the kit if still available.

Let me know what type of payment you accept, you should check with nalioth if you have questions, that's what I heard,...anyway,..

Thanks,

GG

Ok,

Consider me in I would like to place an order for the kit if still available.

Let me know what type of payment you accept, you should check with nalioth if you have questions, that's what I heard,...anyway,..

Thanks,

GG

I am only seeing shotgun saiga pics so far. Did I assume correctly that the kit is for the rifles as well?

Didn't mean to leave ya out 2 litre ABs. Yours turned out sweet too! :smoke:

Yeah the internal blocks do need a little trimming down to fit under the Saiga trunnion but that's easy. The main thing I was talking about is they used to make the stock angle upward at a funny looking angle but now they have fixed that. Looks like from the pics of yours and his that the barrel is on the same plane as the top tube of the stock. This is good.

After seeing Biskitz, I ended up swapping mine back to the factory forearm, but painted it tan first. Still waiting on my polychoke to show up.

As to the stock length....

if it were any shorter, Id be afraid of getting bopped in the schnoz when firing a 3" magnum shell by the folding mechanism (I needed mine to swing to the driver side)

The current length also seems to "look just right" too.

Hello,

I just heard back from ACE and they did forget to get us the sling attachments. They were just sent out to me. If anyone in the first group feels they'd like a sling swivel, please email me the following:

1) your screen name

2) your address

to THIS ADDRESS:

MY EMAIL

I'll get them out as soon as I get them.

Jake

Hello,

I just heard back from ACE and they did forget to get us the sling attachments. They were just sent out to me. If anyone in the first group feels they'd like a sling swivel, please email me the following:

1) your screen name

2) your address

to THIS ADDRESS:

MY EMAIL

Jake

don't know if I am doing right But if you have any more kits not paid or if you will be doing again let me know. I can paypal SAT if so. new member but have been reading for 2 months madmax4x4 :batman:

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

1) your screen name

2) your address

to THIS ADDRESS:

MY EMAIL

Jake

Have you sent these out yet ?

I sent you a couple of emails but have not heard back yet, and I do need one please.

Thanks,

Robb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.