WHATS IN YOUR "ZOMBIE" SURVIVAL KIT

Sounds like everything has already been covered. Somethings I would add...

One thing most people that don't have perfect eyes never give much thought about are good prescription goggles. I wear contacts but realize in a SHTF situation eventually I will run out of the supplies to be able to keep using them. Plus you should wear safety glasses when shooting are zombie blood is flying. So I figure I have a regular pair of glasses, but l know these are not combat ready. So for everyone and especially people that need some kind of prescription eye wear go get some.

You can get custom tailored eye wear from here...

http://www.opticsplanet.net/rx.html

My choice

http://www.opticsplanet.net/wileyx-rx-sunglasses.html

A good tactical vest. If you want to laugh and say mall ninja go right ahead. But something about being comfortable walking running jumping ect with 180 rounds being easily assessable at any time plus the many attachment points and pockets, makes me feel all warm fuzzy and safe inside. You'll never know when you may have to take on a group of people or zombies that plan to do harm to you are loved ones.

Yes you could get the man purse, but I don't feel like running and getting smacked in the nuts with it or having it bounce all around me with a bunch of loose mags inside, not knowing which is what or if ones already empty or not. I don't enjoy looking down and moving stuff around to find what I need either. I hear WT makes them if you do like them.

My choice

http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=gen...amp;style=TE311

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got 10 acres in middle of nowhere TX by the RIO Grande backed up to federal BLM land. 0 Neighbors. Airfield (private and abandoned) is less than 1/2 mile from there also.

Going to fence and put up large 'shed' and build a CABIN/3 Room Ranch house at my leisure. TX property laws apply. Shoot now, answer no questions later at all. Just shoot again. Ha.

Rifles, shotguns, TONS of ammo in popular sizes. 38 (for 357) 9, 45, 223, 308, 7.62x54.

Floors hollowed out, hidden passages to metal rooms, metal and movement detectors in the hidden halls and RADIO equipment and generators. Yes I was 15 once and had an idea for a RADICAL CB Radio movement. Ha. Water containment systems are cheap. Priced some 300 gal ones pretty cheap.

I have 3 years of woodshop and 2 years of metal shop and built a 20x25 foot addition on my last house MYSELF from the hole dug by hand and footing, to putting on the roof and siding and electric.

Got my little Explorer Sport 4x4 (stick). Measured the windows for metal last month. :)

I'm ready. As my friends at work say 'you scare us buddy'. Love it.

Way ahead of you. I have Revision Sawfly military eyewear with prescription inserts, industrial prescription safety glasses with side shields, polarized mirrored prescription Ray-Bans and my regular glasses. I think I am covered, I also keep my old glasses as back up in case these break.

Oh yeah, the Revision Sawfly is rated to take a 12 gauge blast at 10' and survive. I guess they can ID my body by retinal scans as there won't be much left of my face if that happens.

Sounds like everything has already been covered. Somethings I would add...

One thing most people that don't have perfect eyes never give much thought about are good prescription goggles. I wear contacts but realize in a SHTF situation eventually I will run out of the supplies to be able to keep using them. Plus you should wear safety glasses when shooting are zombie blood is flying. So I figure I have a regular pair of glasses, but l know these are not combat ready. So for everyone and especially people that need some kind of prescription eye wear go get some.

You can get custom tailored eye wear from here...

http://www.opticsplanet.net/rx.html

My choice

http://www.opticsplanet.net/wileyx-rx-sunglasses.html

A good tactical vest. If you want to laugh and say mall ninja go right ahead. But something about being comfortable walking running jumping ect with 180 rounds being easily assessable at any time plus the many attachment points and pockets, makes me feel all warm fuzzy and safe inside. You'll never know when you may have to take on a group of people or zombies that plan to do harm to you are loved ones.

Yes you could get the man purse, but I don't feel like running and getting smacked in the nuts with it or having it bounce all around me with a bunch of loose mags inside, not knowing which is what or if ones already empty or not. I don't enjoy looking down and moving stuff around to find what I need either. I hear WT makes them if you do like them.

My choice

http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=gen...amp;style=TE311

Edited by Saigaczech
Planning big is nice but without roads,how will you get there?Remember there will be masses of zombies and burning cars to get in your way! :o

Walk through the woods? It works, you know.

Or, if you don't have woods.....walk in the desert? The grassland? Admittedly, swmpland would suck, but hell - there are at least the sides of the road.

This kills me, every time this comes up - "What if there are checkpoints?" ..."What if the roads are clogged with stalled cars?"

Get around the mindset of "Going someplace=road". If you can get out of that frame of mind, then you can think to survive. And that's what really counts.

(Note: THE_HUNTER, this is not a diatribe against you, I just see this question all too often, and too many people can't think outside of a road.)

I recommend joining a good discussion, like Zombie Squad mentioned above, or SHTF Militia and start really thinking about what it takes to survive (Hint: it's a lot more than guns and ammo. You can't drink powder, and primers do not a tasty breakfast make.)

As for what's in my Zombie Survival Kit? Well, browse on over to SHTF Militia and find out.

have M-1038 HMMWV with armor upgrade, M49 ring mounted Ma Duce and 2K round feed box and chute room left over for Grizzly 660 in back M-105A1 trailer hooked to the back with or with out S-250 shelter in it

Land Tamer 6x6x6 amphib with Ma Duce mounted ,chute and feed box 2k rounds, passenger 1919A4 feed box and chute

Rokon 2x2 trailbreaker carries extra fuel in rims 500 mile range go places my Grizzly will not will pull 3k pound load haul 1k on bike

road block probly wave me thru if not destroy all :devil::chris:

roads i dont need no stinking roads, get in my way and i leave flaming cheese behind as i go MUW HAHAHAHA ha ha ha

food 6 months worth ,water make my own from any source ,fuel have a goodly amount and can make bio deisel for 1038

but i really dont need to leave my fortress i live out 50 miles past the sticks and took Charlie right in the teeth no damage other tha trees down and had to generate power for a while, top wind 173 MPH

:haha:

Remember,if they are watching roads for activity they will also know people can go around them.Aircraft/helicopters with the infrared camera will make short work of you humping through the woods,and even shorter work for those riding in a hot engined vehicle.

Wait a minute, this is a "zombie survival" thread. What's this talk about aircraft/helicopters coming after you too?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Katrina survivor. And unless you've lived through it, you guys have NO idea what it'll be like after it hits the fan. Hell, Katrina was just a dress rehersal.

I have far too much stuff to move (gotta wife)

All I want is my wife safe, peace and no BS in my area. Bottom line is there is no where to go, so why leave?

Live for what? Tommorow to be worse than today?!?!?!?!?!?!

Study the Bible, when it hits, it's gonna be "worse than any time ever recorded in history, if it weren't for those days being shortened, all flesh would perish" (pararphrased).

Best readiness kit? Old and new testament !!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to hurt anybody.

Water is key, I learned that the hard way.

Edited by kellysguy

Water is A Number 1!!

I agree,..portable filtration,

condensation purification, clean storage, rain barrels?

and after all I have been through,....safety in numbers.

No-one is going to pull the trigger on their friend,

and if more friends are together,...

no one will pull the trigger on YOUR friend and YOU!

if you were trying to "get away" from something and you had your choice of weapons to carry on foot or whatever and headed for

someplace, after your food and water was exhausted and ran into,...

a tight nit group touting SAIGAs,,,.that held their position

if you are a dick, you are dead, or in a ditch minus whatever you showed up with.

if you pledge allegiance,.. you are under probation until you are dead, kicked out, or if genuine, A MEMBER/FRIEND/servant.

and this is also the best advice I have heard,... Start Praying! I don't care about whatever bullsh!t anyone slings IT WORKS!!

Big lake by the house, neighbor w/ artisian well. Might have one drilled myself. Never hurts to have trade goods ^_^

Whole lotta people talking about preparing to live, but no one talking about preparing to die. Zombies or not, everyone has to one day. :ded:

Better get yo' shizzle on the straight and nizzle befo' yo shizzle goes fizzle :angel: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by kellysguy

Uh, no offense guys. But if SHTF you can drop to your knees praying, clutching the bible, but that won't make a dam bit of difference to the guy wanting your supplies. Keep your faith by all means if that makes you feel better. But the last couple posts smacks of a little fatalism.

I would advise studying things that would help protect and provide for your family. Preparing to die? Do you mean preparing to give up? Not me, I'll be trying to defend me and mine with my last breath, not counting on a mythical being to provide a comfy cloud for me to live on.

So..back on topic..

There are so many scenarios it would be impossible to account for all of them. But two things history has taught us is that if you're going bug out (toxic cloud coming, live in big city, etc) you need to be prepared to do it within the first hour of the event, otherwise its going to get difficult. A capable 4wd vehicle is a must, along with gps/compass/map/communications other than cell phone.

The second thing is have a location planned to bug out to. Have a plan that everyone in your family, including close friends and relatives know about. You'll only be able to carry so much with you. Have a plan A location, and a location B in a completely different area.

I have 3 small childeren so I'm not hiking out of anywhere. So if I miss the window of bugging out in a scenario that calls for it, I need to prepare for bunkering down. This involves extensive planning also. Alternative water, power supplies, food rations, forming groups, defense plans.

Sounds exhausting and expensive for an event that may never happen in your lifetime, but your teaching your children to be self sufficient and aware at the same time. When I think of all the time I've spent in front of the TV or computer, all the money I've spent on cars and crap I don't even own anymore then maybe it doesn't seem so extreme. And once everything is in place you have peace of mind and, for me anyway, a sense of security knowing that I've done my due diligence to protect and provide for my family.

Edited by Paladin

I had to bug out once because of a train wreck that had burning propane cars on it!Needless to say,I forgot the cell phone charger and some others.I grabbed a Glock and my Keltec P3AT, and headed to family out farther.An hour at most you will have for sure!I had to evacuate my grandmother and I barely made it through the roadblocks!

THE_HUNTER

i have seen vids of that one WHOA NELLY

me i got Charlie right in the teeth took 2 day just to cut 120' of driveway clear no power for a week , first responders showed up on day 6 there was no east west access it took them a month to open that road but i was prepared i have lived in Hurricane county all my life and i built a log cabin it is a fortress even at 173 MPH the wind did no damage to it the only problem was my gen set would not fire off the well pump so i got a bigger one for the next time WATER is most important 3 days is all you have without it food you can go almost a week without though the last two days you get weaker and weaker

disaster been there, done that, learned the weakness in my system and fixed it

• 2 weeks later...
I'm made a big step in my survival plans.

My wife and I bought 5 acres in the middle of almost nowhere. There is a lake about 100 yds away. I have more firewood than I could probably ever burn. I could hunt/fish for food if really necessary.

My goal is to build a house on the property (within the next couple years) with survivability in mind.

This summer I will be glad to get the land all cleared, just me my chainsaw and my Kubota and then possibly get a well drilled, septic and some power.

I already build a small shed/cabin there. It has a woodstove to warm me up. Hopefully this summer I will get some more creature comforts in the it, like insulation.

Various relegious groups own most of the property all around mine, these lands pretty much are totally vacant.

Nice, very nice. I lived in the Catskills of NY for a long time....surrounded by those religious lands. Great place to be. It looks like you are using texture 1-11 (T1-11) siding on your cabin there. Be warned--if you don't know already. The porcupines up there Love to chew on that stuff. I think they are attracted to the glue in it. I ended up going down to the local sawmill and getting some rough cut wood on the cheap and re-did all of our buildings with it. Yeah...and hit the porcupines over the head with a shovel whenever I saw them.

Porcupines are like zombies, they can strike you once they are dead. You need to bury them belly-up so that when your dog goes digging for them he doesn't get a paw full of quills.

A good book to have is Tom Browns Field Guide to Wilderness Survival. Tom is the man!

• 9 months later...

seems to me a mountain bike with a trailer is a pretty good idea if everyone in the family has one. Next step is being as self-sufficient now as you can be. When the SHTF you don't want to be relying on anyone but yourself. To all of you who genuinely think everything is going tits up get out now..

As for weapons, a good shotgun is going to go a good way towards defending my family and putting food on the table.

Of course I would like a decent 7.62 nato as well but I gotta carry all of this so the less complications the better. To the people who say 10000 rnds of this and that and 17 different weapons, good luck to ya. No water will kill ya quicker than no guns.

Instead of doing an omega man and holing up where every zombie in town knows where ya live you gotta be better off in the boondocks where no-one but good friends and neighbours know you are at (IMHO).

p.s. The saiga or the aserma protecta look like good options. The saiga 12 because it will take almost any ammo you put in it and the aserma because you got a good number of rounds in a reliable mechanism. There is a reason we still use revolvers.