New Flash Hider will be available soon. (pic)

These flash hiders will be available in about 30 days from www.mississippiautoarms.com

Price will be $85, same as the Tromix shark brake.

The front end will be like the pic. The rear "skirt" portion will be copied from the Tromix shark brake.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

S-12CFlash.jpg

These flash hiders will be available in about 30 days from www.mississippiautoarms.com

Price will be $85, same as the Tromix shark brake.

The front end will be like the pic. The rear "skirt" portion will be copied from the Tromix shark brake.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

S-12CFlash.jpg

What's the ID on the hider OR the OD on the S12 barrel?

The front sight bases were carried by Rusmilitary.com, but they were already sold out when I first joined this site. Same for the "Saiganov" front sight/flash hider combo. Waaah-- we need someone to make them domestically!!!!!

Maybe we need to take a trip to Tony Town and see if the "Wizard" can conjure up a similar front sight / flash suppressor / muzzle break bit of magic, waddaya think Tony ?? Bob ?? anybody ??

I guess I don't understand what's so great about that front sight versus a Krebs front sight?????????

Tony

Personally, I like the Krebs sight but I would rather it be pressed and pinned instead of clamped.

(Visually the two cap screws at the bottom are the big turn off for me.)

Maybe being clamped is better? Just seems like another screw to back out and loose.

Most likely I'll end up using the Kreb's site...

sKott

• 2 months later...

Well, to be technical, one reason why some look for bayonet lugs: The Hague Convention.

(aside from the cool factor, its an important topic to anyone that would say they are a "unit" in a militia...or paramilitary etc).

Essentially, to be considered a combat unit and thus wanting to be protected under the other treaties (things like geneva conventions etc), you need to have the gear that is agreed upon. Soldiers wear uniforms etc. Weapons must have certain characteristics as well.

Now, I know how all that sounds, but look at it like this. ...you also have to consider the repercussions when some things are banned. Its a greater loss when you look at the complete picture.

Using an outlandish example (just go with me on this...) let's say the U.S. got invaded some day, OR lets say things degrade into a civil war or such. I know I know...not happening in our lifetime. We all know many in the U.S. are very well armed. Quite a number are in militias as well. But yeah, some people would be captured right? "Who" would be considered a unit and thus should be recognized and/or protected? And who would be considered belligerent.

Suffice to say, I'd be using one that has a bayonet lug or built-in.

Some wonder WHY they don't have those on AK's now. Evil black weapons and YOU don't need one for sporting purposes is a common response. There were many discussions about this years ago from militia members I've known. Just something I remembered. At the time I dismissed it as just conspiracy theories....but I looked into it, and they had a valid point. A very valid point.

All bans etc tie and build upon each other. Just depends on the scenario presented and what dots you connect. In the event of an approaching enemy...you could be a war criminal or a belligerent depending what you used and how you used it. And face the penalties as well.

I'll have to find a good article about the Hague Convention debate and bayonet lug bans. Would take some time though.

An example of shotguns with bayonet lugs.

http://neveryetmelted.com/?p=1604

Don't grill me over it. It's just my loose example/technical understanding of one reason as it was described to me once. Keep an open mind.

All I'm "just saying" is sometimes its good to buy that AK (or any military rifle type really) with the lug compared to one that doesn't have one.

Well, its food for thought.

~S

Edited by whatmanual
Well, to be technical, one reason why some look for bayonet lugs: The Hague Convention.

(aside from the cool factor, its an important topic to anyone that would say they are a "unit" in a militia...or paramilitary etc).

Essentially, to be considered a combat unit and thus wanting to be protected under the other treaties (things like geneva conventions etc), you need to have the gear that is agreed upon. Soldiers wear uniforms etc. Weapons must have certain characteristics as well.

Now, I know how all that sounds, but look at it like this. ...you also have to consider the repercussions when some things are banned. Its a greater loss when you look at the complete picture.

Using an outlandish example (just go with me on this...) let's say the U.S. got invaded some day, OR lets say things degrade into a civil war or such. I know I know...not happening in our lifetime. We all know many in the U.S. are very well armed. Quite a number are in militias as well. But yeah, some people would be captured right? "Who" would be considered a unit and thus should be recognized and/or protected? And who would be considered belligerent.

Suffice to say, I'd be using one that has a bayonet lug or built-in.

Some wonder WHY they don't have those on AK's now. Evil black weapons and YOU don't need one for sporting purposes is a common response. There were many discussions about this years ago from militia members I've known. Just something I remembered. At the time I dismissed it as just conspiracy theories....but I looked into it, and they had a valid point. A very valid point.

All bans etc tie and build upon each other. Just depends on the scenario presented and what dots you connect. In the event of an approaching enemy...you could be a war criminal or a belligerent depending what you used and how you used it. And face the penalties as well.

I'll have to find a good article about the Hague Convention debate and bayonet lug bans. Would take some time though.

An example of shotguns with bayonet lugs.

http://neveryetmelted.com/?p=1604

Don't grill me over it. It's just my loose example/technical understanding of one reason as it was described to me once. Keep an open mind.

All I'm "just saying" is sometimes its good to buy that AK (or any military rifle type really) with the lug compared to one that doesn't have one.

Well, its food for thought.

~S

Most of the people hunt animals with deer slugs and all kinds of things against the Geneva convention.It's not like we would be resupplied by Washington or the Military,not to mention if we are fighting someone we wouldn't care about the convention.

You are talking about a nation of desensitized pissed off people who are entertained by the Movies like "Saw".Besides I have a Al Mar Warrior knock off that has serrations,I didn,t say I would play "fair".All that matters is that I win.

• 2 weeks later...
F#$k the bayo lug that just means you didnt bring enough ammo or you didnt bring along a side arm :super:

I would be very interested to know when was the last time anyone actually got a confirmed kill with a bayonet. (While it was mounted to the weapon.) Seems pretty much obsolete at this point, I think I'd rather have the bayonet in my hand as opposed to on the gun. Also, pistol grips make it pretty difficult to use a mounted bayonet with any amount of grace.

As My order is Number 493 on the waiting list I would like to say I want this one on my Saiga 12 and due to how hard it is to find a siaga at the moment, I am going to have to opt for the house supplied unit indicated in the overall cost.

Thanks Tony for another innovative product!

GG