Quick question about something I've seen

The RSO clicks the timer to start the cycle. The timer beeps loudly, signaling the shooter to start the stage which is why the RSO holds it up to the shooter's head. The timer then records each shot with a microphone, timing each one.

You can use a timer on your own. You can hang one off your belt and set it to a delayed or a random start to the beep. That way you can do stuff like figure out and record baselines for your draw, reload, splits between shots, transition times between targets, all sorts of stuff. Say you have the timer running and fire a shot, do a reload and fire another shot, reviewing the split between your shots gives you your reload time. With the stuff people do to their Saigas like extended mag releases, porting, comps, and the one I'm looking forward to the most, the magwell, you can get some objective answers to the differences they make. Does porting or a muzzle brake improve your splits? How much does a mag release set up for a weak hand reload speed things up? By how much will a Saiga with a magwell smoke a Benelli on reloads? Just look at the timer.

Edited by GTOShootr
That "timer" is actually a memory reset button. When it goes off, your plan is forgotten...

:)

Alex, you imbicile. That's the dumbest thing I .... BEEP ... Alex, bro, that's the funniest thing I've ever read ... :)

BTW, been there, done that!!!

Edited by kmoore