Cheap upgrade for stacked front bead sights

Since I haven't decided if I want to go with the Docter or Kreb's sight yet I figured I would play around with making the factory sight better. What I decided on doing was to use the two part sight paint kit. One paint marker is white the other red and is designed for gun sights. The pictures don't really show just how bright the red bead is. I painted the back of the rear sight white, to make the front bead stand out even more. So far I have not gone to the gun range yet, I plan on going next Saturday. In the mean time I did some dry runs and quick mounts on random objects and I notice I'm on target much faster. I'll see how it performs when I take it to the range.

P1000026.jpg

P1000027.jpg

P1000023.jpg

My front sight is silver bare metal, was sort of the same thing. Its not from painting tho.

You sanded the bead down and left it like that? I had to sand my down before I painted it and notice it did stand out more. But it would still fade away with certain backgrounds. This neon red paint glows and doesn't fade away in different colored backgrounds. Might go to the range this weekend to try it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the range over the weekend and had a blast. The paint definitely helped me get my "sight picture" (I believe thats what you call it) faster. But lack of adjustments make me feel there really isn't much to do to make the factory one accurate. One thing I notice everyone and including me all shot low in till you realize it and compensate for it. This is from shooting from 15 to 25 yards. So I have decided to go with the Krebs sights for the following reason's.

1) Since I have a AR I figure the Krebs will feel very familiar for me, since the sights are similar

2) To me the Krebs compliments the look of the gun. Looks like it belongs there.

3)The price is much cheaper then going with a good red dot sight.

4) More adjustment points

5)The ability to replace the front sight post with a fiber optic one

Does anyone know where I can find a Krebs sight in stock to order?

Also where can a get the rear replaceable aperture's from? I notice it doesn't come with any.

Thanks for any feed back

Go to Wally world, they offer a "Hi-Vis" front sight for

under $5.00!!!

Came with 4 different threaded screws,I hope one fits.

CnR

I have a stacked front bead, cant replace with a screw in one. I also already made up my mind and want the Krebs sight.

Also where can a get the rear replaceable aperture's from? I notice it doesn't come with any.

• 4 weeks later...

under $5.00!!!

CnR

I have a stacked front bead, cant replace with a screw in one. I also already made up my mind and want the Krebs sight.

I just ordered one from here: http://www.onesourcetactical.com/index.asp...amp;ProdID=1047

under $5.00!!!

CnR

I just ordered one from here: http://www.onesourcetactical.com/index.asp...amp;ProdID=1047

Thanks for the heads up Duke. I ordered mine already at...

http://www.krebscustom.com/PartsPages/KalashnikovParts.shtml

I notice there already out of stock again.

Must say HUGE improvement over stock sights!

under $5.00!!!

CnR

Thanks for the heads up Duke. I ordered mine already at...

http://www.krebscustom.com/PartsPages/KalashnikovParts.shtml

I notice there already out of stock again.

Must say HUGE improvement over stock sights!

Did you see this thread? It has good pictures of the sights we've ordered.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...92&hl=krebs

Cheap easy to find option is to get Testors paint markers, $4 at hobby store, I use bright yellow on front blade of target sights on a .22 handgun of mine, left rear blade black.

Never thought about the Saigas or HD guns.

Went to the range over the weekend and had a blast. The paint definitely helped me get my "sight picture" (I believe thats what you call it) faster.

You want a fast sight picture. Remove the rear sight. That only slows you down on a shotgun. Fact is if you are shooting correctly, you have both eyes open and hardly see the front sight.

I have cross eye dominance issues so at times I have to "aim" but I use that term loosely and it is only high speed crossing shots. That involves closing one eye for a moment to get on target, then opening it again. Two eyes open slows down the percieved speed of a moving target. Close an eye, target speeds up.

Regardless, having a rear sight is a big time waster on a shotgun. That is what red dots do for rifles, allow them to be "aimed" like a shotgun, only two focal planes for your eyes to work on, the dot and the target versus 3 focal planes rear sight, front sight and target.

Edited by Zoub