• 5 weeks later...

I have a 7.62 sporter with a PSO-1 4x24 scope, and it's my new favorite rifle, but I hate the stock set it comes with, I just ordered the six compliance parts from TAPCO so that I can put a pistol grip / hi-cap mags. I too would like to know if I can move the trigger group forward myself, it shouldn't be very complicated, right? please let me know any info on how to go about doing this.... also: would you recommend modifying just my 75 round drum instead of the internals? should be easier right? any help is appreciated, thx

• 2 weeks later...

Novice? Hmm... It was not "hard", but it was not "easy" either... Medium I'd say...

It all depends on how good you are with your hands and a dremill tool...

What I'm trying to say is that I'm NOT a gunsmith (I'm an ex-auto-mechanic), but I did it...

The only thing I did not do myself is welding (my friend did it form me):

1. The holes on the side if the reciever, where the old trigger pins used to be, but you can leave them there... Just put rivets in them... (look at the picture)

2. I welded the trigger guard as well instead of riveting it...

If you are aucrate, you probably will not have to paint much ether... just the underside, where the cover plate was... I had to glass-beat and then pait half of the reciever because of welding... But it turned out really nice!

Project_Grip.JPG