First Saiga 12 inbound; educate me on chokes

I've got a Saiga 12 inbound, one with a 24" barrel. It was what I could get easiest so I jumped on it. Anyway, I plan on doing the usual pistol grip/AK furniture conversions as well as hacking the barrel down to 19". Obviously I'm going to loose any threading I had for choke tubes.

I don't have much experience with shotguns. More specifically, shotguns with choke tubes. I've got a 12 gauge for home defense and used them in the military, but no experience with choke tubes. This Saiga will be used for home defense and varmint control at best. I won't be out shooting trap or duck hunting. Should I have mine rethreaded for choke tubes? Or should I go with some kind of a break?

For HD or close in varmint work, a chokeless shot gun will be more than adequate.

A choke basically tightens the diameter of the barrel. This affects shot grouping. Tight chokes, such as turkey give you the tightest groupings. Smooth boar or modified cylinder chokes will allow for the shot grouping to open up covering more area.

One thing to keep in mind, never shoot slugs from anything tighter than a modified cylinder. You will spike the pressure and possibly damage your shotgun and or yourself you do so.