20 gauge saiga

I've never heard of an 8-rounder for S20... I need to do a little research on that... But even if they do exist, it'd be the same story as with S12 - LEO item... :ded:

Izhmash did make 8 round mags for Saiga 20, I have one, heres some pics of it. I have emptied it about 3 times to make sure it functions, works great! :devil: CDNN should have 5 round mags, 8 rounders could only be imported for LEO. I don't think law enforcment would have any use for a 20 ga anyways, so there are probably not many 8-10 rounders in the USA.

saiga20-8round.jpg

saiga20-8round-2.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have a 20 guage... My shotgun takes 2.75" and 3" shells... I'm wondering where do I buy 3" slugs? I have been to outdoor world and many other stores that carry ammo and I have found nothing other than 2.75" slugs for the 20 guage... 12 guage has 3" magnum, but the only 20 guage slugs I have found were 2.75" slugs. Do any of you get 3" 20 guage slugs? I never had a magnum slug for 20 guage... or even a 3" slugs... even though my gun holds 3" cartridges. I can only get 2.75" slugs. I need a little extra umph to get through the ribcage of a deer... the slug sometimes just shatters a couple ribs and bounces off and hits the lower spine. I need more power and more gun powder to get through those ribs... otherwise I'll need to use a 12 guage pump. :smoke:

Edited by TPABA

I cannot be of any help as far as ammo as I only own an S-12... sorry... :(

As a reminder, (you probably know that anyhow :) ) Saiga-20 uses 2 different magazine types to feed 2.75" and 3" ammo, so if you do find 3" slugs for an S-20 you would need to use different mags too...

:ph34r:

We have Walmarts here also... are you sure those were 3" 20 guage slugs? I used 3" shotshells before... even though my gun takes 2.75" and 3" only... I shot two shotshell boxes that were 20 guage 2.5". 3" 12 guage slugs are everywhere... every store that has ammo... maybe I should use a 2.75" 12 guage slug instead? I don't know... I have a few guns, but I would like to hunt with a 20 guage this year, and I'm looking for 3" 20 guage slugs... I'll check out walmart.

• 2 months later...

Hey are looking for penetration or are you looking for more slug?

If you want penetration then you should look no further than Remington's 20 gauge High Velocity "Slugger"! It claims 1800fps. WOW! with a 1/2oz. slug. :eek:

It costs about $3 and it's a 2 3/4 inch/2.75" shell or 70mm.

Surf some on the net and by outside your community, you'll find that you can get great deals even with the shipping costs on ammo you have never seen or heard of before. :phone: Remember it's all about the bottom line for most shops and they are not going to carry something they can't move of there shelf and that doesn't mean they'll carry it just because you want it. If that were the case WAL-Mart would have a sporting goods section as big as most of there stores. I think they call it Bass Pro or something like that. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

rusmilitary.com out of england has 10rd. 20 ga. mags ! The guys name is Oleg and he is pretty ccol. The prices are not cheap however about 75.00 a mag!

You will not find them cheaper brand new anywhere but Russia they" 45.00 there".

E-mail Oleg and tell him Kevin sent you!

Good Luck! Convert your gun to US made before you stick that mag in.