I am happy new 25,30 and 50 round mags for10/22

WOO HOO!!! butler creek is back!!! vjor, THANKS for that info, I was wondering when we'd see those again. they were about that price or so before the ban, and during the ban, 50 a 25 rounder was the going rate. bigger mags went for up to 3 bucks per round....

that made my day....

no....whats dying on it? i have one thats beat to hell too man.. it cant be dying on ya......

i would say dont expect it to be as accurate as your marlin, but a 10-22 is definately a good choice for a plinker.

it does HAVE a bolt hold open though on it. i totally agree with vjor. i have had the same carbine for years and years now, and I hit the bases of 12 gauge shells at 50 yards more or less every time with mine. I can however cut string with my marlin60 at the same distance with iron sights.

• 1 month later...

Go with the Ruger... you cant go wrong as far as stuff out there to customize them. With the AWB theres lots more stuff available for them again, like there used to be... Heres a pic of my "BABY". Bought this gun over 20 years ago.. and customized it immediately.. WIsh I could still get muzzlebreaks like that now.. I see eagle breaks out that are similar, but NOT like this one...

I also have a brand new Stainless 20 " barreled Ruger 10/22, doesnt shoot any better than my 20 year old gun. both are great like bvamp says for shotgun shells at 50 yards, or a soda can EASILY at 100... but how much more do you need out of a .22 at 100 yards? a sniper rifle it is not!

Let me know what ya think of my old custom ruger. :smoke:

rugercustom.jpg

OH.... and by the way... I forget WHO said it... but yeah.. the new steel lip mags are the same price as the EAGLE mags WITHOUT STEEL LIPS were BEFORE the ban... so buy em up now.. and enjoy them!!! I remember paying almost 30 bucks for the Eagle mags after tax and all at the local sportinggoods stores. Now they can be had for 15-18 bucks... thats a decent price, considering the two I have on my ruger are the plastic lipped versions, and STILL feed beautifully! I just ordered another pair of the eagle JUST like those... and a pair of the butler creek with the steel feedlips. gotta LOVE IT!!!!

ok, bvamp... I sent you a link to where to get em... if anyone else wants to know... let me know... :smoke:

Or you can just go back to the TOP of this thread and read the first post.... hint hint... :haha:

Edited by IndyArms

Hmmm..... GOOD POINT, BVAMP...

the only question I have, then, is this...

My Ruger is PREBAN... purchased over 20 years ago, CUSTOMIZED OVER TWENTY years ago... grandfathered in... Shouldnt those mags be allowed to be used on THAT rifle?

Or because the mags are new... they cant, but the 20 yr. old ones CAN?

how does the law work on THAT scenario???

ANYONE??

I would be glad to know how THAT works.. TOO MANY damned GREY areas in all this NY statute bullshit...

magazines made post 94 cannot be brought into NY state. find the ones that match the old pattern/colors, and they cant say much to you, unless they have paperwork saying that you received them.

the best part is......get this......all those preban mags? have dropped radically in price across the country, but have stayed close to where they were at in our state... the out of state sellers dont realise that THOSE can be sent into the ban states, and are mixing thier stock together with the new magazines. :) i have seen a couple places that sell the preban ruger mags stating these are the last of our preban mags, and we have dropped our prices.

its not a crime to have claimed to have "destroyed" a magazine. just a barrel's innards or a reciever.

my postban 10/22 is ok with preban mags. your post ban ruger is not ok with post ban mags, at least in MY state. Im going to the gun show here on the 15th or 16th, i plan to check into preban mag supplies here and see what the prices are like. hopefully I can talk my local dealer into taking advantage of this flaw in the law here, and can get a good supply of hi cap oddities here cheap. I smell a way to get more free guns through proper investing again. I think ill aim for a new 50 before end of next year with a 200 dollar investment into the exploitable loophole out there. :)