MAG POUCH search

OK, so Im one of the few that doesnt want to do the pistol grip conversion on my 16inch rifle. Except for wanting a wood stock which Im talking to Battlerifle G3 about, I like it just the way it is for "Zombies". In fact I kinda like the 8 rnd mags too, but then I humped a M21 and then a M24 for too long to really like pistol grips. I kinda envision this as a poor mans SOCOM or perhaps a better description might be a G43.

So now Im looking for ideas on mag pouches. I was disapointed that my repro G43 pouches are just a bit to short for the Saiga 8rounders. Ive been looking for SVD pouches to try before I buy but havent found any locally. Sure lots of other pouches are available that will fit the big mags, but I was look for something to carry a couple or more 8 rounders.

Any suggestions???

Im gonna check my old M14 pouches to see if theyll pull service again. Im also looking for a SAW pouch to try out. If I get really motivated I may have to stop at Tandy Leather to try my hand at a larger G43 design.

Any idea if theyll fit in the G3 or FN FAL single mag pouches?

• 2 months later...
OK, so Im one of the few that doesnt want to do the pistol grip conversion on my 16inch rifle. Except for wanting a wood stock which Im talking to Battlerifle G3 about, I like it just the way it is for "Zombies". In fact I kinda like the 8 rnd mags too, but then I humped a M21 and then a M24 for too long to really like pistol grips. I kinda envision this as a poor mans SOCOM or perhaps a better description might be a G43.

So now Im looking for ideas on mag pouches. I was disapointed that my repro G43 pouches are just a bit to short for the Saiga 8rounders. Ive been looking for SVD pouches to try before I buy but havent found any locally. Sure lots of other pouches are available that will fit the big mags, but I was look for something to carry a couple or more 8 rounders.

Any suggestions???

I have a little side business selling tactical gear at Fun Shows and I have found Condor Outdoors M14 bungie style mag pouched perfect for 8 round Saiga mags. The are shorter than full size "shingle" style pouches and also work quite well for AK x39 mags.

post-10790-1209759353.jpg