Tromix Model S-O5 is Discontinued

Due to the inability of Monolith Arms to deliver the HALO hand guards in any sort of reasonable time frame, I am discontinuing the Tromix S05. If you have one on order with me, you can either cancel your order, change your order, or provide the HALO hand guard for your build. I will no longer screw with it.

If this pisses you off, call Brian at 503 510-0091 and chew his ass.

Edited to clarify that all HALO hand guards are actually shipped from a company called Monolith, which used to be Propaganda, but is still the same HALO guy behind the scenes actually shipping the hand guards.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

You know if you don't like the promptness of their service that's fine, but you are just as much saying screw your customers as you are the halo guys with remarks like "change your order", "cancel your order", and provide your own.... What exactly is a "reasonable time frame" when people are waiting over a year for your own builds?

Due to the inability of HALO to deliver hand guards in any sort of reasonable time frame, I am discontinuing the Tromix S05. If you have one on order with me, you can either cancel your order, change your order, or provide the HALO hand guard for your build. I will no longer screw with it.

If this pisses you off, call Brian at 503 510-0091 and chew his ass.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

I sure can't speak for Tony or Halo, but IMO Tony is VERY up front about his time frame prior to people placing orders. I have NEVER heard of him NOT following through on anything.

Edit to add: it IS bad business if you say you will deliver on such and such date and fail to follow through.

It's not Tony's fault if he ain't got the raw materials to do his job..

Lammy,

I don't care if he takes 5 years to ship them if he quotes me that lead time, but when he says "they are going right out", they need to be shipped in a few days.

I then give my customer's a Tromix delivery date based on his bullshit. Then I get to field all the calls from guys asking me why their gun isn't done yet. I am not going to deal with a supplier that fucks me around like that. If the customer enjoys a good HALO goat rope, that's their choice.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

lammy needs a swift kick to the keester is all.

Interesting how he thinks he knows Jack and Schitt.... when in fact, it's obvious that he knows Jack Shit!

Friggen "newbies."

:rolleyes: .......... :lolol: ... :lolol: ... :lolol: ... :lolol: ... :lolol: ... :lolol: ................ :angel:

There are few John Wayne people in this world and Tony is one of them. At least you know where he stands, you have to respect that. I too am pissed with the Halo as I wanted one, as a business man he gave you your options. Love it or leave it.

You know if you don't like the promptness of their service that's fine, but you are just as much saying screw your customers as you are the halo guys with remarks like "change your order", "cancel your order", and provide your own.... What exactly is a "reasonable time frame" when people are waiting over a year for your own builds?

Get a hold of yourself, Nancy. Take a step back and think before you open your mouth next time.

i would say the same thing if a supplier is behind and full of shit that makes your business behind and full of shit as in you cant get your guns to your customers in time because your suppliers an asshole who cant get their shit together i would disco it to, but the only thing i would possibly consider is maybe telling thoes with order already in they can change it or they can wait for the HG to come in but i would not take any new orders for the item just fullfill the ones that were already placed but hey i dont run a business so thats just my 2 cents.

• Like 1
Due to the inability of HALO to deliver hand guards in any sort of reasonable time frame, I am discontinuing the Tromix S05.

Too bad HALO can't get the drill down on the Saiga rail. I've always gotten fast delivery out of them on various SBR PS90 parts I've ordered over the last couple years. Whatever the reason, the "it's about to go in the mail" when it ain't answer, is not cool. That one from anybody tends to piss me off too.

Looking on the bright side, those of us fortunate enough to already own a S05, now have a Tromix limited edition, collectors item :up: . She's a little muzzle heavy compared to my S06 but still one unique looking shooting machine. Never fails to draw a crowd at the range but then all Tromix conversions do.

I wish I was in the same room with Tony so I could give him a highfive. Customers shouldn't have to wait because of the bad service of his company's suppliers. Customers come first. Your suppliers either do their part or lose the business, capitalism at it's best. The job goes to the guy that deserves it. Just happens that the guy might be Cobra with his new rail.

HALO MFG actually sold all the inventory to Propaganda Arms, then it was sold/moved/name change, whatever, to Monolith Arms. However, the same guy that shipped them at HALO, shipped them from Propaganda and now ships them from Monolith. I'm not sure what is going on behind the scenes, but other HALO stuff might be shipping from another group.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Bob.... Mighty cruel of you to compare Willies face to Hitlery..

Gonna have to call the ASPCA on ya..

Just something about Willies picture reminds me of something.....

Could it be...

MartyFeldman.jpg

"Igor, what kind of brain did you get me?"

"I dunno...her name was Abby something or another."

"Abnormal?"

"Yeah, that's it."

Awesome movie.

Oh and I agree with Tony. If you ordered an S05 and he doesn't have the parts he gave you the option to change your order. What the hell is wrong with that?

HALO MFG actually sold all the inventory to Propaganda Arms, then it was sold/moved/name change, whatever, to Monolith Arms. However, the same guy that shipped them at HALO, shipped them from Propaganda and now ships them from Monolith. I'm not sure what is going on behind the scenes, but other HALO stuff might be shipping from another group.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Now we are getting to the possible root cause of the problem with HALO. Musical business names and/or partners usually, but not always, indicate legal/financial problems. The lesson here is be damn careful who you chose to tie your business model in with, do in-depth due diligence/back round checks/current customer satisfaction surveys etc. A pain in the ass, but saves beau coup heartburn later. Just my 2 from 37 years of dealing with supply vendors etc. Trust but Verify. BTW Tony, if it makes you feel any better and for what it is worth, you chose a top notch outfit with Mississippi Auto Arms to distribute your goodies. They are great to deal with in all regards.

Tromix with Halo rail Halo4-800L.jpg

For those of us that don't know what an S05 is (was) can someone tell me? Or even better yet, show me? Tromix's website has changed some since I was last there, so I don't know what has been discontinued. Thanks!

This Halo? Halo Mfg.

They got their tit in a wringer selling 80% 1919 sideplates that didn't cut the muster with ATF. I'm guessing they pushed someones buttons and felt how uncomfortable the Feds can make it. Anyway, i'm betting defending themselves has been a bit expensive/time consuming. Not that that excuses not delivering a product. They should have pulled out and got their shit in order rather than string along customers.

A wickedly expensive option may be the 5 rail system from DSA. Only $396 :eek:

FSX47.gif

Caspian

• 4 weeks later...

I got an Email from them on the 6th that read

"There are no plans for a future run ...

Michael

There are fewer than 30 rails remaining in inventory. The slow sales due to the lack of guns over the last two years coupled with the interest rate on the loan to make the moulds and parts made this a loser deal for us. If someone wanted to purchase a large quantity of the rails it would be worth the expense to pull the moulds from storage and do a run of 100 or more. We simply can't afford to sit on the product again...Barring a distributor requesting a large order, I can say with utmost confidence there will be no more...

"

I emailed back about getting one on order and prices and never heard a thing .

*UPDATE* I received an Email stating that some were available.

Edited by vspdave