I'm kinda freaked about taking Vicodin prescribed by my Physician for a horribly absessed tooth that is seriously infected, and is screwing up my jaw. This shit hurts!

Anyway. I'm a little freaked about these because I haven't any real drug use in my past. And I thought Vicodins were addicting? Or that I heard that on T.V. or something. Are they strong? Will I feel outta control a bit?

Wierd topic. I know. But I may flush these, and beef up my tylenol instead. Am I over-reacting to not wanting these?

I don't want my wife tricking me into actually sleeping with her before the yearly Valentines date.

fuckin wierd late-night threads! LOL

+1! Oxicontin = VERY BAD

Oxicodone though....mmmmm

Dodge if you decide you hate em don't flush em...send em to me! lol j/k

I don't do drugs recreationally...they are meant for medicinal purposes. But my back hurts like a mofo sometimes after slaving over a workbench or this damned computer all day. Vicodin can be good for that. Just try not to drink with it and post at night! :lolol:

If the tooth keeps botherin ya, just head up to Broken Arrow, OK. I hear there's WILDMAN of a dentist lives up there that can fix you right up with that bad tooth! :haha:

Edited by Cobra 76 two

I was never one to take anything for anything but when a root/nerve in my tooth was dying it was the worst pain ever and I couldn't really function like normal---they gave me Vicoden...I wasn't crazy about taking it either but ended up using it to sleep at night---took care of the pain so I could at least get a good nights sleep---and like the other guy said just kinda knocked me out...flushed the "extras" as soon as tooth was taken care of...

yes the vicaden and booze are baaaad news im like a really drunk tired zombie

:wub:

It wasn't more than a glass....

but I'm going to sleep now. Thanks. I just didn't wanna feel loopy.

And I haven't had it pulled yet. My tooth is fucked. 15 months in Iraq without dental work, when one of my teeth broke in half didn't help. It got seriously infected. And now I'm hating life. My gum is dark blood red, and swollen so bad i look noticably different on one side. And these guys won't see me right away. Military fuckin doc's!

ugh. I felt like seriously taking it out with my leatherman!

Goodnight All!

+1! Oxicontin = VERY BAD

you arent going to say that it is the undoing of the southern workforce I hope, now......

let me think, build house in 6 months or 6 WEEKS......HMMMMM not sure I can answer that one.....a straight house? ok, you have a bet, now......but then again, I should just HUSH, because I dont want some redneck to kick my door in or steal my tools to be an ass, or nuthin...........

Edited by Bvamp

Vicodin is hydrocodone, a fairly potent narcotic, not to be confused with oxycodone which is Percodan and even more potent. Oxycontin is a time release form of oxycodone. It would be best to limit one's use to the minimum time needed for pain control.

Regards- Doc (MD)

I'm kinda freaked about taking Vicodin prescribed by my Physician for a horribly absessed tooth that is seriously infected, and is screwing up my jaw. This shit hurts!

Anyway. I'm a little freaked about these because I haven't any real drug use in my past. And I thought Vicodins were addicting? Or that I heard that on T.V. or something. Are they strong? Will I feel outta control a bit?

Wierd topic. I know. But I may flush these, and beef up my tylenol instead. Am I over-reacting to not wanting these?

I don't want my wife tricking me into actually sleeping with her before the yearly Valentines date.

fuckin wierd late-night threads! LOL

When you said "Prescrition Narcotics" I thought your were talking about Oxycontin or something.Unless you take a bunch of them or have a very addictive personality you should be OK.

I remember a month long saga of oral surgery revolving around 4 horizontally impacted wisdom teeth and they dislocated my jaw and tore a jaw muscle trying to get them all out and then knew how bad they had messed up so they gave me a huge bottle of oxycontin and I was so strung out on those things I didn't even notice how bad I was messed up.When it finally came time to get off of them I was a cranky mofo for about 48 hours but it was totally "kickable" because I don't have an addictive personality type YMMV

well i dont know anything about vicadin but ive been taking percocet for 5 or 6 months now. i got in a real bad car accident back in may and im still in some pain from all the surgery and scar tissue. if your on low dose narcotic for a short period of time u dont have to worry much. i wasnt addicted to this stuff at first but ive just taken it for so long its hard to go a day without taking at least one pill. im not sayin i fiend for the stuff but if its there, ill take it even if i dont need it. as long as you dont go crazy with the stuff you should be fine

If your in pain take them as you need them and don't wory about it. 11 years ago I broke my ankle and roally screwed up all the ligaments in it resulting in multiple surguries and hardware. I am still on the stuff, but only as needed. Half dozen pills a month because it occasionally flares up making walking extreamlly painful. If you actually need the pain killer, It doesn't really make you high just helps you to be functional. Even my doctor admits that tylenol is really ineffective for that type of pain as is most over the counter stuff since its most likely a nerve damage problem. Just be careful as it can effect differnt people differntly, I barely feel anything from it while my dad was on it and he didn't know where he was.

I still feel woosy waking up today. Like I have no neck, and my head is too big. I don't know.

Oh damn cuz you need to get up there and see Dr Tromix fast! You may be turning into a Juggernaut! :eek:

My personal opinion, I've taken Vicoden for a tooth ache and when I take it when I need it, it makes me feel sleepy. When I don't, it makes me feel fuzzy. That's when I know Advil will work and I stop taking it. It can be addictive but I keep a couple around since I don't have insurance.

You can take Tylenol hard pills and smash them into fine powder and rub it on like a paste to the area in your mouth giving you problems (gums, tooth). Apply directly to area bothering you and only use as many pills in powder form that come out equal to what it recommened in a certain time frame if you took them normally.

i have no fear of prescription pain killers, but i do treat them with respect. I have taken tylenol 3 (tylenol with codeine) many times for assorted pains, it is also great for bad cough/bronchitis.....the great thing about it, is that it is not very addictive, has a short duration of activity, you need to dose about every 4 hours to get continued relief. I have never abused them, never taken them with anything harder than diet coke. Took percocets after some foot surgery years ago, they made me puke....ever try to get to the bathroom to puke with both feet swollen, bloody and in screaming pain?.....even if the meds didn't make me puke, the pain form that walk sure would have......

I have no interest in getting addicted to anything, nor the recreational use of drugs......the occasional night of drinks is as far as i go, or ever have gone. And hell i can't even drink for shit anymore....3 beers and i start getting sleepy....after 2 more i start to wake back up....lol.....party time then!

I got Vicodin for pain after shoulder surgery. 3 days and I was addicted. Also had the issue of "sleep paralysis" where you wake up and can't move and freak. After the recovery time was over I weaned my self off of them over several days and was fine.

Damn addictive/compulsive crap. . .

Oh gosh...you opened a big can of worms it looks like cuz....

DRUGS...drugs are bad....mmmmkay? lol

Dude be careful when crushing up pills into powder form! I know someone that used to do that with those damned oxycontins!

He almost didn't get away from that problem. Of course he was doing something a little different than rubbing on his gums but applying medication thru the sensitive tissue in your mouth really isn't all that different than applying it to the sensitive membranes in your nasal cavity...

Oh gosh...you opened a big can of worms it looks like cuz....

DRUGS...drugs are bad....mmmmkay? lol

Dude be careful when crushing up pills into powder form! I know someone that used to do that with those damned oxycontins!

He almost didn't get away from that problem. Of course he was doing something a little different than rubbing on his gums but applying medication thru the sensitive tissue in your mouth really isn't all that different than applying it to the sensitive membranes in your nasal cavity...

Defiantly agree with you. It will go directly into the system, hence why you should only use Tylenol. Since it is for less addictive then oxy or vikes. But the guy seems to be in a lot of pain and this will take care of it since it is not going to pass threw the liver a few times and loose most of its strength. I say all this because I am like this guy and refuse to use vikes, oxy or other similar drugs for sever pain. I know a few people I graduated with that are extremely hooked on this crap. I'm personally not afraid of getting hooked on it, but would rather not take a chance, plus that stuff is very hard on you liver and body. If you use it as I mentioned, you should have no problems. All you are doing is medicated the exact spot that is the problem, which in theory you can use less Tylenol, since its not being wasted going threw your entire body. I am not a DR. but have used it once with good results on a tooth and a few Friends I have told it to for the same problem with good results.