10,000 rds of 12ga!

Actually 10,025 rds. This is what $2363.56 can get you at Wal-Mart. I should have got it back in August or September before the price went up. I could have got about 40% more for the same price! They was low on Remington and I need to get some more of that. I also need to go to a few gun stores and see what I can will and deal them on some slugs and buckshot.

Behind the ammo is 4 out of 5 bundles of shipping boxes and some storage bins boxes for springs, screws, clips, .... on top of them. The pic is missing a coupe cases of tape and all the bubble wrap and such...

post-2662-1202009900_thumb.jpgpost-2662-1202009891_thumb.jpg

post-2662-1202009875_thumb.jpgpost-2662-1202009883_thumb.jpg

If given the chance, I would fire every single one of those rounds. Except the Winchester bulk stuff, they won't even chamber half the time.

I'll take all your AA hulls when you're done with them! ^_^

Edited by Twinsen

Lots of fun in those boxes! :smoke:

And soon to be lots of fun in those other boxes too, it looks like... Wish I lived closer dude, I would love to come by and give you a hand packing them.

Talk to me before you go slug shopping. I might know somewhere you can get a good deal on quantity.

WOW in AZ we are only allowed 10K rounds stored at a residence and 30K at a residence with a permit. The counts are of course for all ammo combined. The .22 ammo can add up fast on a guy when buying in bulk.

Looks like a lot of fun in the future for you.

I thought that was a federal hazmat law. After ten thousand rounds, I thought you needed a 50 dollar permit or something, and an ATF inspectable magazine for storage, X feet from places of residence.

easy solution : dont admit to having any more rounds at home for any other guns, and fire off 25 rounds. :)

WOW in AZ we are only allowed 10K rounds stored at a residence and 30K at a residence with a permit. The counts are of course for all ammo combined. The .22 ammo can add up fast on a guy when buying in bulk.

Looks like a lot of fun in the future for you.

I thought that was a federal hazmat law. After ten thousand rounds, I thought you needed a 50 dollar permit or something, and an ATF inspectable magazine for storage, X feet from places of residence.

easy solution : dont admit to having any more rounds at home for any other guns, and fire off 25 rounds. :)

I was flat out surprised to even find that we had a limit on the number of rounds. The only way we can store more than 10K is with a permit, usually issued to businesses. I am not aware of any inspection required but it would make sense. The hazmat is probably just another way of controlling things though I know nothing of it.

The funny thing, is thinking on when I was looking into the ammo business and found that tax, I also recall seeing in the same set of ATF taxes/restrictions one for cigarettes....more than 20,000 individual cigarettes is considered trafficing, or was that one 10,000 as well? .

Does this mean every drum will be shipped loaded????

You know every one of you dorks are gonna pull the box apart and bust off 20 the SECOND

the drum hits your doorstep!.LOL!

I need to look into the ammo limit thing. I guess I need to get a permit. I'm guessing there is a few of you guys that keep more than 10,000rds on hand as well! :angel::super:

I don't recall anybody posting a picture of it if they did. :eek::angel:

Considering the ATF copies our website at LEAST every 24 hours (they all do, and always did and will) I think youd have a real tough time denying that :)

Either way, its an honest mistake, and we all know Mike already dumped a couple boxes down the barrel by now, so it really isnt a big deal. Im surprised Walmart didnt say anything, however.

I can't seem to find anything on Federal Law regarding ammuniton quantities. About the best I could find is below from a SurvivalBlog. I am interested in being educated if anyone would quote chapter and verse.

Thanks,

Smokeless Powder:

At present, few local and state governments set limits on storage of small arms ammunition, or reloading components (Shell casings and projectiles are not counted, just powder and primers). However, the federal government through the NFPA has set limits.

Transportation in private vehicle: 20lbs – 50lbs in a magazine with walls of 1” thickness

Storage in private residence: 20lbs – 50lbs in a magazine with walls of 1” thickness

The NFPA does not seem to have any limits on the quantities of primers stored or transported; however, certain states do impose limits such as Massachusetts, where it is illegal to posses more than 1000 primers without a license. However, the license is reasonably priced.

Other states impose possession limits on small arms ammunition; the most draconian was again Massachusetts, with a limit of 10,000 rounds of rim fire ammunition, 10,000 rounds of center fire, and 5,000 rounds of shotgun ammunition. While neither a federal, nor a preponderance of state regulations could be found. It should be expected that quantities exceeding these will likely garner significant attention from authorities. You should check your local laws regarding this matter.

Edited by 1911

Damn Mike, No wonder all the ammo prices in Dayton went up after that rush on 12ga shells. :)

But seriously, I wish I had stocked up too a couple of months ago when 12ga was on sale at Walmart; I only got a couple of cases.

That wont last long when I pick up those drums.

20 round drums :super: :super:

20 round drums :lolol: :lolol:

Hi ho the dairy Oh 20 round drums! :devil: :devil:

When mine gets here I'm going to:

A. do a dance

B. Load it up

C. Empty it out

D. Repeat above items A-C

Damn Mike, No wonder all the ammo prices in Dayton went up after that rush on 12ga shells. :)

But seriously, I wish I had stocked up too a couple of months ago when 12ga was on sale at Walmart; I only got a couple of cases.

That wont last long when I pick up those drums.

Mike: If you are in Dayton, I might need to do a swing-by and say hi. I am from Muncie, IN, just about 90 minutes west, although I don't live there any more. Parents still do, though.

Also, you are my hero. Someday soon I will be able to fire the first four stations of regulation trap without realoading. Hooah.

Edited by stiletto raggio