Photo
- - - - -

Is it just me or would it be super easy to convert to full auto?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Thatguy331

Thatguy331

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:22 AM

Taking my Saiga-12 apart and checking out the internals while cleaning, I'm noticing that there are two metal pieces that keep the hammer down... the piece in front of the hammer is directly connected to the trigger and if you hold the trigger down that piece stays moved out of the hammer's way. The only thing keeping it from firing more than 1 shot per trigger pull is the other metal piece behind the hammer will grab the hammer on its way back down after a shot.

It seems if you remove that rear piece that as long as you keep the trigger pressed, the hammer wouldn't be stopped by anything and continue going back up and hitting the firing pin. Is that so or am I missing something? It seems weird that just the removal of 1 piece would allow you to run it in full auto.

(yes, I know full auto is a no-no unless you go the NFA route)

#2 nalioth

nalioth

Citizen Soldier

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:26 AM

I suggest you not ask this.

There are a lot of differences between a factory selective fire AK and something you'd do in your garage.

The garage experiment will get you a minimum of 10 years and a large fine, IF the gun didn't blow up and maim or kill you.

This isn't even worth talking about on a public forum.
"Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.

#3 Thatguy331

Thatguy331

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:37 AM

There are a lot of differences between a factory selective fire AK and something you'd do in your garage.

The garage experiment will get you a minimum of 10 years and a large fine, IF the gun didn't blow up and maim or kill you.

With all due respect, its been done before...

And with a ATF tax stamp its 100% legit... I'm seriously just curious if it really is *that easy* to convert to full auto or if I'm missing something, because I know with AR's they've had to have a few things redesigned so they're not easy to convert.

#4 dodgeturbointerceptor

dodgeturbointerceptor

Forum Wraith

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:47 AM

No offense. Knowledge isn't evil. But it can also be used, and is the greatest advantage good, or bad.

And with a ATF tax stamp its 100% legit... I'm seriously just curious if it really is *that easy* to convert to full auto or if I'm missing something, because I know with AR's they've had to have a few things redesigned so they're not easy to convert.

No it has NOT been done. No it isn't OK. Not even with a Tax Stamp. WHY? You may ask? The above examples YOU posted are not what You think. As in. Not available to You with just about any form/paperwork.

Because a Saiga would be converted Full auto for SOT/LEO only. Check the laws. You couldn't get one anyway. They are sold as post 86 ban SOT guns, or samples. Even with money. You and I couldn't do a form 4, and rock and roll. It's not the same as a machine gun purchase NFA wise.

You'd have to be an SOT, and even then You wouldn't own it. It would be a sample You used to sell to LEO/Military.

This forum doesn't as almost a collective whole. Allow in any form. The active discussion of Auto conversions, as a general "Wellness" of our legal, law-abiding attitude in this forum.

Just letting You know the waters here.

You can flame me all You want, and get defensive. But I'm just letting You know how our little Saiga~hippy~commune works here.

And if You continued. You would be stomped out anyway by Jugg, or Bvamp, or someone who does have the power to silence You.

No threats. Just helping out as good members should, and trying to be helpful by explaining things. Hope You take this advice in the light that it was brought to You. Hope I helped.

In friendship. Rock On!

:super:

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor, 03 February 2008 - 12:53 AM.

1993-2004 USMC

#5 gmorgan

gmorgan

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:58 AM

I think what Nalioth is trying to point out is that this line of thinking could possibly give the rabid anti-gun fanatics just the type of information to further their case for more ridiculous restrictions on this particular weapon, some questions are just better off not asked if you know what I mean and if we end up in The United States of Clintonikstan or Obamastonia we are all in for a hard time, why make it any tougher than it's gonna already get ?

#6 Mike Davidson

Mike Davidson

Top Member

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:05 AM

And like nalioth said as well. You run the risk of garage auto blowing up in your face. AK types have a safety worked into the design for this that would probably keep it from blowing up or working all together for that matter. People love to say you just need to file here or there but that is just rumorous BS coming from someone that just likes to talk "big". Guns aren't hotrods. You blow your engine up and you probably won't be in immediate danger. You blow a gun up and it will probably be very close to your body and possibly your face when it does.

Best bet if you want a full auto saiga-12 is to get the your ffl and pay the sot. Prove you have that and I'm sure many people will talk to you in private about this.

#7 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Sho-Gun of Saiga

• Super Moderator
  • 9,912 posts
  • Verified Business

• Company Name:

Juggernaut Graphics

• Company Website:
    http://www.juggernaut-graphics.com/
  • Contact Email:

info@juggernaut-graphics.com

• Contact Phone:

989 725 AK74

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:21 AM

As always.... NOT HERE!
"It is missing the point to believe that the 'ability to fight' is simply about defeating your enemy.
It is not in defeating your enemies; It's about the strategy of killing the evil of one man to give life to ten thousand" ~Yagyu Munenori

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users