Thinking About Reloading

Hey all I am definitely interested in the reloading process and I'm not exactly sure what all equipment it takes and the cost of it. I really would like to reload .308 & 7.62x39 for rifles, and .45acp for pistols. Approximately what would be the cost of the equipment for reloading (I'd prefer the high quality stuff that will last for years hopefully), also what parts would i need to buy and what brands do y'all recommend? I hear Dillon is really good but i have no experience in the matter, Anyways any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks Again,

Kaiser

Hey all I am definitely interested in the reloading process and I'm not exactly sure what all equipment it takes and the cost of it. I really would like to reload .308 & 7.62x39 for rifles, and .45acp for pistols. Approximately what would be the cost of the equipment for reloading (I'd prefer the high quality stuff that will last for years hopefully), also what parts would i need to buy and what brands do y'all recommend? I hear Dillon is really good but i have no experience in the matter, Anyways any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks Again,

Kaiser

You can't go wrong with RCBS. I've have the same equipment for over 30 years.

Everything you need is right here:

http://www.rcbs.com/

Thanks Again,

Kaiser

You can't go wrong with RCBS. I've have the same equipment for over 30 years.

Everything you need is right here:

http://www.rcbs.com/

thanks for that great website, looks like it has all the info i need

If I remember right, you can get the RCBS master reloader kit for a little over $300. Die sets are around $30-45 for most calibers. That setup will work better for rifles than handguns. It will do a good job, but it's a little slow if you like to go out and fire 100 or more rounds of .45 in a sitting. It's a little slow for rifles too, but most rifle shooters that reload aren't doing it to just blast away and throw lead down range.

I find that reloads cost me about 35 cents a shot for common calibers. So if you're trying to save money for cheap plinking ammo, you'll have to do a lot of shooting and spend a hell of a lot of hours at the reloading bench before you break even. If you want to be able to tailor your loads to your rifle, shoot top quality ammo for 1/3 the price and have the ability to affordably shoot those oddball rifles, then reloading is for you.