Question for those who have owned both a POSP 6X and Leupold 6X single

Howdy, new poster here.

I'm looking at adding either a 6X fixed power POSP Russian Scope (mount included) or a 6X fixed powder Leupold scope and a side mount onto a Saiga .308 with 16" barrel. I plan to put a 11 degree target crown on the barrel and do a trigger job on the rifle.

I'm wondering if the Russian scope is of good enough quality to purchase it over buying the Leupold. I want a really good glass and I'd prefer to "cry once" when purchasing.

If anyone knows of a good low "over the centerline" AK/Saiga mount, I'd love a link to that as well.

Thank you in advance for the help,

Dave

Edited by DaveInGA

Hello, Dave

Can't help you with the POSP or the Leupold, but I have a 16" S-.308 with an IOR Valdada side-mount that is perfectly centered, as low to the cover as it can be, and is solid as a rock. Have an IOR Valdada M2 6x illuminated scope on it. It's "Eastern Bloc" (Romania) so it's kind of "official"....Very good "bang-for-the-buck" stuff in my opinion.

JMHO....

guido2 in Houston

Howdy, new poster here.

I'm looking at adding either a 6X fixed power POSP Russian Scope (mount included) or a 6X fixed powder Leupold scope and a side mount onto a Saiga .308 with 16" barrel. I plan to put a 11 degree target crown on the barrel and do a trigger job on the rifle.

I'm wondering if the Russian scope is of good enough quality to purchase it over buying the Leupold. I want a really good glass and I'd prefer to "cry once" when purchasing.

If anyone knows of a good low "over the centerline" AK/Saiga mount, I'd love a link to that as well.

Thank you in advance for the help,

Dave

Leupolds are great scopes, they will hold a zero and their low light clarity is superior to most scopes. eye relief is better

In my opinion I dont like the bulky posp scopes

I'd get a variable poser Leupold if I was you, but it depends on what You want not me. I like the looks of a normal scope on these rifles, but the posp looks cool in its own military style right.