Now i'm poor, like most gun owners lol, the hobby has consumed me, but i've looked into a few "shoulder bump fire" methods to get a auto like fire from weapons, is hellfire worth the money? it seems a rubber band does the trick but looks cheesy as hell, is it worth buying a "tac trigger" or ? i just wanna have fun!! :devil:

No offense, but I think a "hellfire" or "tac-trigger" look as cheesy as a rubberband. Plus, I don't see how you could shoulder a weapon and use a hand-crank device anyway. I'm sure you could, but it would be pretty uncomfortable I would think. Just practice regular finger bumping, then try doing it from the shoulder. YouTube has tons of vids on it. I've try to try it yet, but I'm sure I will someday :D .

Well so far from everything i've seen, the one that works the best is called the auto burst trigger system, not a crank device, works like the rubberband method but doesn't look as cheap. But i'm gonna run some practice runs on an AR pistol and see what i can get....hopefully the range officers don't run over and toss me out lol

Heres another idea to consider, using all that ammo you will waste with "bump firring" practice and the various trigger rapid fire accessories to learn to really operate a shotgun. Both of these techniques are little more then parlor tricks and have no use in the real world.

I mean there is nothing wrong with having some fun with your shotgun, but sometimes people appear really preoccupied with this stuff and it has little real value.

It reminds me of when I was really riding sport bikes. I spent the money to go to a Keith Code's motorcycle racing school and most of my friends when to some stupid homeboy stunt school. Some of them good pretty good at parking lot tricks, the kind that alienates people to motorcycling, but when we went riding in the mountains I got bored with their real world riding abilities.

How about these bumps from AK-USA with converted saiga

th_vid_ppe_hi.jpg

:super:

It reminds me of when I was really riding sport bikes. I spent the money to go to a Keith Code's motorcycle racing school and most of my friends when to some stupid homeboy stunt school. Some of them good pretty good at parking lot tricks, the kind that alienates people to motorcycling, but when we went riding in the mountains I got bored with their real world riding abilities.

I don't think stunting alienates people from motorcycles. All the shows I've seen have huge crowds. I think it opens the door to more people to get interested in riding, for any reason. Now riding the twisties in the mountains looks like tons of fun too though.

• 1 month later...
nice, i just wish people would promote shoulder bump firing more, safer and more accurate..

With due respect, how about an instructional video from ya?

lol, i don't have good enough video equipment for that, my camera's mic doesn't pickup sound =( silent movies only lol, but here's a videos of where I "learned"

http://www.poormans-machinegun.com/PMMG4.html

First he uses the technique stated, but he actually doesn't need any assistance now...and i'm still working on it....

and this guy uses a different tech, which i think is really neato

Edited by Vultite
ok...im not sure on the legality on this "IDEA" i have heard about, but im going to throw it out there. i have not done nor do i plan on doing it because of the stupid people turning you into the ATF now days! i heard that if you get an adjustable trigger, cut one coil off the disconnecter spring that comes with it, and then loosen the tension all the way that the trigger bumpfires itself. don't know if this works or weather it is LEGAL to do...so just food for your brain.

Sounds sketchy :ph34r: .

Is the purpose of full auto to provide suppressive fire while the remaining squad members deliver accurate hits on designated targets? I don't see bumpfire being accurate enough to provide said suppresive fire (unless you are attacking a family picnic) and I would ask how many are in your squad to take advantage. If it is just for fun then that is a good enough reason. Just don't imagine that you have the ultimate superiority. Just another thought.

ok...im not sure on the legality on this "IDEA" i have heard about, but im going to throw it out there. i have not done nor do i plan on doing it because of the stupid people turning you into the ATF now days! i heard that if you get an adjustable trigger, cut one coil off the disconnecter spring that comes with it, and then loosen the tension all the way that the trigger bumpfires itself. don't know if this works or weather it is LEGAL to do...so just food for your brain.

that would be probably deemed illegal because your changing the way the gun works, the "legal" options leave the gun in "stock" configuration....so if mr ATF man comes knocking on your door, he can inspect your weapon and find it to be stock and not "modified"

RSA Trigger rocks.

Take up all the overtravel and set the disconnecter so it just catches. Less than 2# squeeze at less than 1/8in travel.

It makes a loaded Saiga-12 a little hairy. I'd go so far as to say it's unsafe if you don't have both hands on it and there is a round in the chamber.

When I leave the range I set it back pre known turns on each screw that give me 3# and a good 1/4 - 3/16in and lots of disconnecter.

I'm still looking for a sweet spot I thing is save and I can still dump like it's full auto.

I'm holding off tell I get my parts from Dinzag.

I need to make it so someone else can't pick it up and do the same thing right off the bat.

All I know is if anybody post on how to do an illegal trigger job......

the short answer will be ........ BYE!

Let's not borrow trouble by posting things like that.......Cool?

...loosen the tension all the way that the trigger bumpfires itself.

Pull trigger once and get 2 bullets = felony.

+ hardcore, unwanted man-love in prison :bag: .

What?? come on, who doesn't wanna get a daily visit from a guy named Butterfingers? :devil::cryss:

You do know that just laying down suppresive fire without the ability to hit anything is called "being the bullet magnet" right?

If you can't hit your target with the pointy things coming out of the barrel then your gun is just a noise maker.

I have had some good results by removing the pistol grip, placing my finger in the trigger guard and shaking my hand like I am shaking a can of spray paint. I did get a nasty twitch from doing this on my S-12.

If you have a adjustable trigger with the overtravel adjusted to minimum (meaning most of the overtravel removed, not adjusted to make the disconnector slide off the hammer), you can fire 400 rounds a minute.

Using your "MIDDLE FINGER" instead of your trigger finger.

Try it. Right now. Pretend your pulling a trigger as fast as you can with your trigger finger. Now try it with your middle finger.

You didn't know that did you.

By the way, what is with bump firing? I have seen videos with "genius" bump firing experts, damn near losing control of their weapon. Are they trying to make noise? Wouldn't it be cheaper and safer to buy a couple of hundred dollars worth of "illegal firecrackers" and set them off in the "hood? At least you wouldn't shoot yourself or your buddy, and when the cops came, they wouldn't confiscate your gun.

• 7 months later...

Good point OldAndSlow. :up:

People often do that middle finger firing in paintball quite a bit, and it's definitely quick. While I'm not a "spray and pray" kinda guy when the shots actually need to hit what I'm aiming at, it IS fun to do just to make noise or whatever. I've never really cared for bumpfiring personally. True, you can get the weapon to fire at a faster rate than normal squeezing the trigger would do, but it's often at the cost of being able to aim well and sometimes requires you to loosly hold the firearm, which might not be the safest idea.

If you're wanting shoulder aimed shots, along with a full auto ROF (which don't always go together), you're pretty much limited to only a few options:

(1): Obviously, a Class 3 Full Auto

(2): Try a Tac Trigger (not a Hellfire). The Tac-Trigger places another "trigger" in front of your index finger. By pulling the regular trigger, then pushing your finger forward more, you pull the 2nd one, firing the weapon again. Not the safest setup in the world, but it works.

(3): Use your forward hand (left if right handed) on the forend to press the weapon into your shoulder and pull the trigger rapidly with your dominant hand. This could be via index finger or middle finger.

(4): Shoulder the weapon with your dominant hand on the pistol grip and pull against shoulder. DON'T use dominant hand's index finger in the trigger guard though. Use other hand to pull trigger. While this sounds awkward, it actually works pretty well. The trick is to take your weak hand and face it palm down with the index finger extended. Use the SIDE of the finger to pull the trigger. :killer:

Here's a video showing #4 with an SKS, though it's not held up to the shoulder. The video was shot as it was getting dark, so it's not the best quality. :oops:

Again, if it's just to make noise and have fun, I say go ahead and practice bumpfiring or whatever. I wouldn't trust in MY ability to bumpfire under stress in a real life or death situation though. The different trigger add ons like the Hellfire or Tac-Triggers are interesting gizmos. I bought one of each years ago and tried them on everything from a mini 14 to a Benelli 12 ga semi. They're OK, but when it comes down to practical and tactical, it's not something I'd want on my survival gun. Just my opinion. If you're choosing between the Tac-Trigger and the Hellfire, I'd go with the Tac-Trigger personally. Again, this is if you're just wanting to make a bunch of noise and not actually trying to hit anything.

I hope this helps

Corbin

Edited by Corbin