This guy is pretty good.

That guy is really good.

And it looks like he has a rifle buffer tube on that thing, standard RRA pistol buffer is no longer than a carbine buffer tube.

I have a RRA two stage trigger on all of my AR-15's, You can really get a nice clean light break from it with very little work.

I can bump fire my AK from the sholder no problem, my AR I can do a easy three round burst with out bump firing, pure trigger control.

Hooah Patriot!

He hit it on the head. Don't get me wrong though...bumpfiring can be fun and exciting. You get to make a lot of noise and feel like Rambo or whatever. Granted it's expensive, but still. Just understand that it's probably not the best solution TACTICALLY. Even with a full auto, you don't generally want to dump a mag unless you can hit what you're aiming at. Suppresion fire has its place in keeping enemy heads down while squad members flank a position, but even then, it's the Squad Automatic Weapon with its belt fed goodness that hopefully steps up to the plate. 200 rounds vs 10 rounds (or 20) can be a big difference in a firefight.

In all fairness though, if all you're wanting to do is have fun, shoot up the target range and exercise your 2nd Ammendment rights, by all means... have at it. You'll go through a lot of ammo obviously, but if your intention is more therapeutic than tactical, enjoy. Just be safe. Holding a weapon with one hand while firing at a full auto rate requires utmost attention to what you're doing.

About bumpfiring some weapons.....

I'm by no means an expert on this, since I don't generally bumpfire. I HAVE tried it before (but I didn't inhale :D ). I've found that some weapons require a more solid grip in order to adequately cycle. Trying to bumpfire a Saiga 12 for instance, I've heard some folks say that they couldn't get it to work unless they used heavy loads. I believe VanKiller posted about that some time ago. I suppose it might be possible to use gas setting 2, but I wouldn't want to use any strong rounds with it then, for fear of damaging the weapon. My Benelli M3 Super 90 shotty is great at bumpfiring, but with only 8 rds, it's over before it starts. <_<

So have fun, be safe and don't forget to practice shooting where you actually aim at (and hit) the target.

Corbin

In the Army I was trained to leave the weapon on semi and AIM. It's not who shoots most, it's who HITS most.