That's crazy. I've only been out of highschool for 7 years, but stuff like that didn't really happen even back then. IMO, some kids nowadays just need a good ass-whooping from their parents. I'm too young to have experienced the "good ol' days" when parents could get away with it, without being thrown in jail for abuse. But even being from the generation I'm from, I know I had a whoopin' coming if I did something I shouldn't have. I think two things are involved here: 1) Parents are sometimes too soft on their kids. 2) The government is quick to rule you an abuser, for disciplining your kids the way they need to be.

That's crazy. I've only been out of highschool for 7 years, but stuff like that didn't really happen even back then. IMO, some kids nowadays just need a good ass-whooping from their parents. I'm too young to have experienced the "good ol' days" when parents could get away with it, without being thrown in jail for abuse. But even being from the generation I'm from, I know I had a whoopin' coming if I did something I shouldn't have. I think two things are involved here: 1) Parents are sometimes too soft on their kids. 2) The government is quick to rule you an abuser, for disciplining your kids the way they need to be.

I'm old enough to remember when it wasn't abuse to get an ass whooping. Not to mention the fact I distinctly remember telling principles, superintendents, and law enforcement officials "I don't care WHAT you do to me, just don't tell my folks" on several occasions.

In my own experience, I once had a problem with a 17 year old neighbor girl who thought it was OK to call her Mom a fucking bitch...and then proceded to call my wife the "C" word, all in the same conversation (the girl's Father passed some time ago, so there is no Father figure and Mom is not good at discipline). I let her know that this was unacceptable and that she needed to go into her home (maybe not in those words, exactly....). She declined. I kindly offered to help her into her home. She said "If you touch me, I'll call the cops."

I leaned in close and said something to the effect of "I know ways of persuading you that won't leave a mark, and with your record, who do you think they'll believe?" She went into the house.

Mom asked me what I said. I told her what I said verbatim. She hugged me and said thank you, likely more out of embarrassment than anything else. The daughter has since gone off to college and you never saw a happier Mother (which is kinda sad) or neighborhood when she left.

Oh, and just so everyone knows....I'm BADASS when it comes to intimidating 17 year old girls. 18 year old girls...that's a different story.

Good story Threecard. Me being 27, I can tell you the majority of people that I graduated with in the year 99, have gone no where. Even growing up I was always made fun of by others in my age bracket for having what they call such "strict parents". I can tell you all, I would not change a f'in thing with the way my parents raised me. I'm not implying I was a perfect child, but everyone that knows me says they would have thought I was raised from the 40's or 50's. Most kids today or running around loose with no control from there parents. With the parents blaming everyone else. (Not implying all parents are evil, or they have a easy job today) l'm just basing this on what I see, from where I live. It's also not right that the parents that still do care have to worry about going to jail with parenting skills from years past that where fine then but not now.