• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yo Sheik ! Yea' I've installed the press-on adaptor RPB is selling in 24mm x 1.5mm thread pitch on a WASIR-10 7.62x39mm AK. It was easy! I put it up against the muzzle and WHAM! WHAMM! WHAMMM! With a hammer and it was on tight to the Front site. There is a small pin hole already drilled in it. Oh' yeah- solid side toward front site and threaded side of adaptor towards muzzle; you know; down range. With the a small drill bit I drilled into my barrel 2-3mm using the adaptors pin hole to guide me. Installed an ovesize pin and put the USA made AK-74 brake from RPB on and took it to the range and test fired it. WOW!! Accuracy was increased and hit probability was increased 5 times over with it in rapid fire. I then took it home and by a personal trick I learned from a friend to permanently attached the AK-74 brake to it.

Basicaly I drill dimples into the threads and put the brake back on and knowing exactly where the dimples in the threads lie under the brake I punch in the brake's outer wall in with a hammer punch so that it fills in the dimples and, WALLAH!! permanent and no welding marks.

I have no PICs because I sold the rifle and I knew that I was going to sell the rifle before I did this brake job, because I did not like the poorerly hawged out mag well on the WASIR-10 series of rifles that have been produced of lately. It was finicky about chinese and bulgarian waffle mags and would not take them.

:rolleyes: But I must admit it was extremely accurate with Wolf ammo and it had an incrediblely light trigger that would allow controlled bump firing from the shoulder. Now thats incredible to bump fire from the shoulder with your eyes looking down the sights at your targets and watching thirty rounds of 7.62x39mm fly at them at about 500 rpm. It is SWEEEEEET!!!! It goes by so fast, like a second, that you just have to do it again and again. :killer:

:super: Anyways I got a SAR-3 thats even more rapid in "bump mode" than that WASIR-10. It is even Sweeeeter!!! It is a AK-104 clone (12" barrel) with the NEW 4" Krinkov(AK-74) brake by AK-USA in Florida. Look for it at AK-103.com.

I really believe it is mostly due to the harder recoil combined with the AK-74 brake, PLUS it's a major player in "bump mode" too!

:eek: Look I have an extensive knowledge in firearms and especially in the AK series of rifles, but I am by know means a walking dictionary or problem solver on Kalashnikov rifles, by no means whats so ever. :up:

Edited by rock47

:osama: Sheik, one more comment about the adaptor and an AK-74 brake installation.

Make sure your using the same thread pitch, 24mm for 24mm or 22mm for 22mm and that you use the correct brake for the caliber of your rifle, 5.45mm brake for 5.45x39mm and .223 cal./5.56x45mm AND 7.62 brake for 7.62x39mm, .308 cal./7.62x51 NATO, ALSO it's ok to use the 7.62 brake for the smaller calibers because its all about making sure you don't use a small caliber brake with it's smaller diameter opening with a larger caliber round, who knows what will happen first- will the brake fly 300 meters down range or will the brake just be a small gernade going off about teo feet from your face. OUCH :chris:

PS. - when I was talking about rapid fire and accuracy with the WASIR-10 I meant that it was improved 5 times over in rapid fire accuracy due to the brake being installed. Snap follow-up shots, double taps and short bursts of bump fire all had shots on a man size military E-target at ranges under 75 meters. :killer:

• 9 months later...

I filed the sleeve on the barrel end and purchased a threaded adapter. I had to increase the hole size on the adapter so it could fit the Saiga barrel. I tried the flash suppressor and it worked nicely. I then screwed on the Krinkov muzzle brake and it reduced recoil considerably. Make sure your screws have loctite and are tightened otherwise your adapter will go down range as mine did. I found it fifteen yards down range and reinstalled it tighter.

JoeKen Firearms also make an AK-74 style muzzle brake for those with a stock barrel.

• 3 months later...