.410 Old or New style..?

Hello new owner here with a few ..?'s

How do I know if the S.410 I just bought is the old or new style..? From reading hear people are waiting for a good priced high cap mag to be made..?

The only ammo feed problems people are have is with the metal sleeve shells, any others to stay away from..?

Will the group buy in the 4sale section fit all saiga shotguns,,12,20,410...?

If I cut down barrel what is the limit..? state laws, fed regs..?

Thanks

. . . How do I know if the S.410 I just bought is the old or new style..? . . . .

New style has the gas tube adjustable settings and usually has the end of the barrel threaded for chokes. Old style does not have adjustable gas setting and often has the choke built into the barrel and is not threaded for different chokes.

The gas setting screw deally is up front above the barrel in the forward hand grip:

2007-11-08_232723_Saiga-410_Gas_Valve.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. . . If I cut down barrel what is the limit..? state laws, fed regs..? . . . .

Unless your state, county, city has regs which are stricter then the federal regs you can cut the barrel down so that the total barrel length is at least 18" and the total gun length is at least 32". Most guys that cut down a shotgun barrel usually cut it down to 18-1/2" or so because they don't want any confusion as far as cutting it down exactly at 18". For example the shotgun which supposably gave the feds the right to murder the family in cold blood at "Rubby Ridge" had been cut down to like 17-15/16" or some stupid sh*t -- I think you see what I'm saying.

As was stated in a previous post, the new type has adjustable settings on the gas tube so I wont get in to that. As far as the ammo goes, in the short time that I have had mine I have fired the metal sleeve and plastic shells and my 410 gobbles up everything I feed it. Since mine is new, I have the setting on the gas tube to 1, even when shooting 2 3/4 or 3" shells. I was told it is a good idea to leave it like that for the first hundred or so rounds to "break it in".The next time I go to the range I will try it on the #2 setting and see how it goes. I have read where others report having problems with the full metal sleeve rounds but after firing the slugs and 0000 buckshot I have not had any problems at all.

Good luck to you! :chris:

I got to put 5 magazines of cheap 3"#5 Rems on the #1 setting thru it and not one problem except I by mistake loaded 5 rounds in the mag (somehow) and it would not load the first round....Duh.....Turned a Guitar Hero box into swiss cheese...Ordered the Conversion kit group buy in the 4-sale section, can't wait to get that and get to work...Will post pics when done..:)

• 3 weeks later...
Unless your state, county, city has regs which are stricter then the federal regs you can cut the barrel down so that the total barrel length is at least 18" and the total gun length is at least 32". Most guys that cut down a shotgun barrel usually cut it down to 18-1/2" or so because they don't want any confusion as far as cutting it down exactly at 18". For example the shotgun which supposably gave the feds the right to murder the family in cold blood at "Rubby Ridge" had been cut down to like 17-15/16" or some stupid sh*t -- I think you see what I'm saying.

Under the NFA regs it's 18" barrel & 26" OAL.