What ammo do s-12s like?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steve,

what setting do you have your gas port on?

Just curious,..

-GG

Winchester AA super sport or super handicap

Having just returned from the range I can tell you that mine doesn't like Winchester AA Light Target either. Not enough oomph to function the action.

Here's what I am considering:

wolf buckshot

s&b buckshot

Federal birdshot

Any problems with these?

Mine likes Federal Multi-Purpose ($20 per 100rds) for just shooting a bunch.

I have had good results from Hornady TAP 00 Buck and Federal Low-Recoil 00 buck, but that stuff is pricey.

Hey Steve,

what setting do you have your gas port on?

Just curious,..

-GG

I tried it on #1 first just to see what would happen. On #1 the gun became a single-shot, magazine-fed weapon. On #2 the bolt / bolt carrier came back far enough to cock the hammer but not far enough to eject the empty. Each empty made it only part way out of the ejection port before being caught by the returning bolt / bolt carrier.

After reading of other's experiences with various ammo, I really had no expectation that these light target loads would function the shotgun. But it was a nice day and I wanted to get out of the house. As an aside, my son rolled up a nice sized ball of snow on the range which he then blasted to smithereens with a single round of this stuff.

Mine has got to where it will eat anything I give it, including the cheap winchester value pak ammo.

Only thing is with mine, the weaker stuff has to be shot on setting 2 to cycle properly. I have some Federal mid brass 4 shot and it will not quite cycle on 1

Maybe when it gets some more rounds through it..............................

I took my new 12 to the range and had several jams with Federal 7.5 shot. Is there something wrong with the ammo or just the gun being new. I was using the stock 5 rnd mag.

I tried mine today for the first time on the Federal bulk packs from Wally World. I fired 50 rounds of the 7.5 shot on setting 1!!!, and never had one failure of any kind.

I was very impressed with this ammo, as all other birdshot I have tried had to be on setting 2.

Maybe my gun is getting broke in, because that makes over 100 rounds I have thru it now.

To the original poster, my gun has run 100% on all buckshot that I have tried it on.