KREBS SAIGA-12 SIGHT QUESTION

despite what their website says/shows, it does come with an aperture now.

Mine is black nylon/plastic and is pretty damn small. I can't imagine wanting a smaller aperture on a shotgun - it's probably perfect for slugs. you will need to source a set screw/grub screw though to lock it in place before you mount the ghost ring. the aperture is in there tight (had to tap mine out and it took a good bit of effort) but over time it may work loose w/out a set screw and blue threadlocker.

As for as wanting it, I would like to know what options I have. I figured the ring itself would be fine, but in case I wanted it smaller I like knowing I can get the parts to do it. If they do give you a aperture as you say, I'm not worried if its to small, since I can drill it out to the size I need.

Thanks for the info

Anyone else know of a place to get replacement ones?

As for as wanting it, I would like to know what options I have. I figured the ring itself would be fine, but in case I wanted it smaller I like knowing I can get the parts to do it. If they do give you a aperture as you say, I'm not worried if its to small, since I can drill it out to the size I need.

Thanks for the info

I didn't mean to imply you were crazy for wanting a small aperture :D - just trying to make the point that the aperture was pretty small for a shotgun since I don't have a way to get any decent pics posted for you.

I'd recommend giving Krebs a call - I've talked with Mike a few times this past week concerning their safety levers and he's been extremely helpful. Maybe they use the same size ring as say, XS Sights, so then you could call up XS and get a new aperture.

by the way, I think the appropriate size for the set screw was posted by Tony@Tromix several months ago (search for "Krebs sights") - may save you some hassle if you make a trip to the hardware store for a set screw . . .

good luck

Edited by caughtlikefire

Thanks for the info

I didn't mean to imply you were crazy for wanting a small aperture :D - just trying to make the point that the aperture was pretty small for a shotgun since I don't have a way to get any decent pics posted for you.

I'd recommend giving Krebs a call - I've talked with Mike a few times this past week concerning their safety levers and he's been extremely helpful. Maybe they use the same size ring as say, XS Sights, so then you could call up XS and get a new aperture.

by the way, I think the appropriate size for the set screw was posted by Tony@Tromix several months ago (search for "Krebs sights") - may save you some hassle if you make a trip to the hardware store for a set screw . . .

good luck

:lolol: No, I didn't take what you said that way, I found what you said very helpful. Sorry if I gave you that impression.

BTW-> I like your idea of a XS rear sight aperture. I only saw ones designed to work on the AR, Do they make replaceable aperture disk? I cant find any replacement apertures on there web site....

http://www.xssights.com/index.html

I do plane on replacing the front AR sight with a XS AR Tritium post one. I might be interested in a rear ghost ring one to, if it is offered.

Thanks for the info

good luck

:lolol: No, I didn't take what you said that way, I found what you said very helpful. Sorry if I gave you that impression.

BTW-> I like your idea of a XS rear sight aperture. I only saw ones designed to work on the AR, Do they make replaceable aperture disk? I cant find any replacement apertures on there web site....

http://www.xssights.com/index.html

I do plane on replacing the front AR sight with a XS AR Tritium post one. I might be interested in a rear ghost ring one to, if it is offered.

the tritium stripe is a nice addition to the Krebs sight - definitely worth it. Got mine from Midway USA.

I coulda sworn XS offered replaceable aperatures . . .

nevertheless, any company that uses the same size ring as Krebs could potentially be a source for apertures - that's where getting specs on the sight from Krebs is going to be a must.

damn . . . I might actually have to get some real work done today . . . back to the daily grind :(

Just got back from the gun range, and must say the krebs sight worked great!. HUGE difference. also for anyone wondering, as caughtlikefireit said it does come with a plastic aperture. After installing, I decided it worked best for me with no aperture. Also I remember someone saying the ghost ring fit loose in there dovetail. I did not have this problem, fit very tight.