Hey cool it's a new forum!

What is your favorite out of all the Saiga rifle conversions you have done?....so far....And why?

Pics if you have em! I'm holding off til I get finished with the one I'm working on now.

I'm having a little build party this weekend so maybe it will get finished then.... :super:

Great Idea Cobra, here's mine - I'll tell you why, it was my first where I learned about the Saiga Rifle, I did the slots by hand w/ my dremel one night after seeing some pics here and then I learned how to make it legal using 30 rd. mags., plus I like the folder - kinda a sub, tommy gun thing.... (this isn't really a conversion, like a poor man's conversion - I guess I'll edit this or add a pic later of the real conversion I'm working on now......just starting to on my new x39.....to be continued.....

post-7063-1202968019_thumb.jpg

I have to say that my favorite saiga, favorite GUN, without exception, is the same s12 I have owned, in the same configuration that I have have known since age five.....I will get more, but this one will remain my favorite. I have handed many people and tastey animals thier asses with it:::

center gun in this pic.

now RIFLES, well you see my other two basic choices......

post-83-1202968956_thumb.jpg

I would have to say that my S410 bullpup is my favorite so far. I have done extensive work to it such as cutting and crowing the barrel back to 18 1/4" adding front sights and a RSB with removable gas tube as well. Its just fun and well balanced to shoot and the looks and questions you get are a +.

post-6703-1202986875.jpg

No, a pistol is very different legally from a SBR. A rifle cannot be legally converted to a pistol.

I think the bulb just went on for me... LOL!

That's why the make the AR lowers that are IDENTICAL to the normal ones other than they are labeled pistol only.....

It's more on the book keeping end than the physical I take it......

Edit to add: Does an SBR NEED a stock?

I don't believe a SBR needs a stock.

Also, there's no requirement to label your receiver "pistol". It just can't have ever been a rifle before ie; a new receiver.

Some guys like the "pistol" markings, though...makes them feel safer.

Followed up with a bible study for all you Saiga shootin' heathens! LOL!!!

Yeah, put a banner up that says "Bibles & Boomsticks". :D

Bibles, BEER and Boomsticks!

I'd really like to add boobies as well..... somehow, I don't think that one would work out...

My first Saiga will always be the one I like the most. Taking a perfectly great firearm apart (with the intention of re-building it into a better one) took all the "guts" I could muster.

Cutting 1 and a quarter inches off of the Saiga buttstock, and then cutting all the checkering out, then rebuilding it with fiberglass was a "learning experience".

It took me about 6-8 coats of DuraCoat to get it right, but I did.

Here it is:

post-5881-1203542029_thumb.jpg

louielouie

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard that a weapon that is classified as a pistol cannot have a verticle grip installed on the handguard.. anyone know if this is a correct statement?

Also, there's no requirement to label your receiver "pistol". It just can't have ever been a rifle before ie; a new receiver.

I have heard that a weapon that is classified as a pistol cannot have a verticle grip installed on the handguard.. anyone know if this is a correct statement?

That is true a "pistol" with vertical grip falls into the NFA group as an AOW. $200.00 tax stamp to build or $5.00 to transfer

That is true a "pistol" with vertical grip falls into the NFA group as an AOW. $200.00 tax stamp to build or $5.00 to transfer

you cannot have a butstock on a pistol. When it is born a rifle it can never be a pistol. when it is born a pistol you can NFA it to make it a sbr. Kinda fuced up huh? I have build several ar15pistols thus the handle. The whole NFA abc gang bs is all about the money. A bullet form any config can kill your ass so wtf.

Dang!.. My AK pistol would be awesome with a verticle grip... Oh well.. Thanks for the info guys. Glad I asked first.

Yeah, that vertical foregrip on a pistol=AOW shit is the dumbest law ever. I think when I read it says something like pistols are supposed to be used with one hand? Total ridiculousnes.