Thinkng about doing the Galil M16 adapter conversion

Might have to try this now, you guys are giving me good ideas. I picked up some of the unfinished mag adaptors.

Where and when? Thanks.

+1 Unfinished, like "in the white"? Available for resale? Inquiring minds want to know. . .

AX I'm looking for 1 E-mail me some infor.

Might have to try this now, you guys are giving me good ideas. I picked up some of the unfinished mag adaptors.

Where and when? Thanks.

+1 Unfinished, like "in the white"? Available for resale? Inquiring minds want to know. . .

AX I'm looking for 1 E-mail me some infor.

+1. I'm also interested in 1 adapter if you have them for sale.

Got my mag adapter in the mail today. +1 for Stanley.

I was fiddlin' with it, and it looks like welding the gap on the front lip and grinding to fit is do-able. I'll just need to get an AR mag to do some testing, and I'll be set.

Got my mag adapter in the mail today. +1 for Stanley.

I was fiddlin' with it, and it looks like welding the gap on the front lip and grinding to fit is do-able. I'll just need to get an AR mag to do some testing, and I'll be set.

Jack-Did Stanley have any more? I've been looking around different forums and no one has any. Or they are not saying they do.

I ordered mine a few weeks ago, around the time I started posting in this thread. He said he only had a couple left then, and probably doesn't have any more now. In fact ArcFault has posted that very thing, just a few posts back. Good luck.

I ordered mine a few weeks ago, around the time I started posting in this thread. He said he only had a couple left then, and probably doesn't have any more now. In fact ArcFault has posted that very thing, just a few posts back. Good luck.

THANKS I'll keep looking.

I've ordered a Remington magwell. Since both the 7615 and the AK have flat bottomed receivers, I am hoping for an easy fit...

the saga continues

buckmeister

Buck where can I get one & how much are they? :unsure:

I ordered from Remington. The magwell & the assorted mag release parts totaled about $50. I think an AR mag release will work, but I'll know more when it arrives.

buckmeister

• 2 weeks later...

The Remington magwell arrived. It is an aluminum affair, anodized nicely. The mag catch differs from standard AR examples. It is offset to allow the mag to sit higher. The mag release button is disappointingly plastic (anyone got an AR metal button & a mag release spring?). The magwell has an integral feedramp built in. The rear is raised with a dovetail which is probably attached to a coresponding groove in the trigger assembly or receiver of the 7615. I will mill the rear portion flat, drill and tap four holes, and will attach it with 4 screws where the AK mag release resides. Minimal dremel work will be needed on the front trunnion. Other than relieving the rear of the AK mag opening and removing the AK mag catch, the Saiga receiver will be untouched.

If all goes well, I'll have a Galil adapter, as well as converted Weiger and Galil mags, in excess.

buckmeister

The Remington magwell arrived. It is an aluminum affair, anodized nicely. The mag catch differs from standard AR examples. It is offset to allow the mag to sit higher. The mag release button is disappointingly plastic (anyone got an AR metal button & a mag release spring?). The magwell has an integral feedramp built in. The rear is raised with a dovetail which is probably attached to a coresponding groove in the trigger assembly or receiver of the 7615. I will mill the rear portion flat, drill and tap four holes, and will attach it with 4 screws where the AK mag release resides. Minimal dremel work will be needed on the front trunnion. Other than relieving the rear of the AK mag opening and removing the AK mag catch, the Saiga receiver will be untouched.

If all goes well, I'll have a Galil adapter, as well as converted Weiger and Galil mags, in excess.

buckmeister

Let us know how this works out. We are very interested!!!

sfven, sorry for the delay.

F301032 - 7615 Mag Insert - $33.00

F300962 - 7615 Mag Latch - $16.00

F300964 - 7615 Mag Latch Rod - $4.30

The above parts are proprietary, but an AR mag release button and spring will work. I discovered Remington's offerings are too pricey.

Work has been too busy to play, so I am hoping to get to the shop to mill and drill this week.

buckmeister

sfven, sorry for the delay.

F301032 - 7615 Mag Insert - $33.00

F300962 - 7615 Mag Latch - $16.00

F300964 - 7615 Mag Latch Rod - $4.30

The above parts are proprietary, but an AR mag release button and spring will work. I discovered Remington's offerings are too pricey.

Work has been too busy to play, so I am hoping to get to the shop to mill and drill this week.

buckmeister

I'm really looking forward to see how this works out

• 1 month later...

A remy 700 with 10 rounds of 6mm br would be a nice tool for many things! I can't think of much that combo couldn't do for you. 600 yards of decent power, longer for small targets, unmatched accuracy, minimal recoil, great bullet selection, lots of parts for the 700 (including match bbls). I may have a very expensive new project.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this info, I bought my S-223 last year in the hope that I would do this conversion, and then the mag adapters dried up. Luckily I was able to score one for a reasonable price on the FALFiles and I ended up with this :D

a9wbjd.jpg

You can see from the dufus grip that I live in CA, but soon enough I'll be able to attach the pistol grip and folding stock legally.