Gator Gunner,

Search, I have seen a lot about the

Mossberg Cruiser. I am not so sure the pistol grip is suitable, however I have seen a few threadsd recently about this gun

and a another cheaper one too,..

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...3&hl=tromix

And this one

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=3126

Norinco CHINEeSE

Does anybody have any experience with buttstockless shotguns for home defense? I'm looking at a Mossberg 500 Cruiser for a possible nightstand gun.

It's this gun Mossberg 500 Cruiser , but I won't be buying from there.

Reliable weapon. :smoke: Get folding stock, gives you more options. Carried as issue standard 8 shot mossi 500 25yrs ago in Corps. Sheriff's Dept. still uses here. Prefer marine coat. Have 3 riot mossi's. Marine coat Cruiser/overtop folder by Advance.[shop Gun] Standard 8shot.[Wifes House Weapon] Marine coat 8shot.[Daughter took as trunk weapon]

:wolfwood:

Does anybody have any experience with buttstockless shotguns for home defense? I'm looking at a Mossberg 500 Cruiser for a possible nightstand gun.

post-3-1203127277_thumb.jpg

I have 3 new and to used and 2 of the new ones had to have the little hook that keeps the shells in mag filed down a little. Other than that cheap nice pump have top folding stock on one side folder feels better also the speed loader pistol grip looks dumb put feels a lot better and make the gun handle well. You can also spot weld a small strip of metal to carrier so you can use aguila 1 1/2 shells to make a 5 tube into 9tube

Edited by madmax4x4
:wolfwood:

post-3-1203127277_thumb.jpg

I have 3 new and to used and 2 of the new ones had to have the little hook that keeps the shells in mag filed down a little. Other than that cheap nice pump have top folding stock on one side folder feels better also the speed loader pistol grip looks dumb put feels a lot better and make the gun handle well. You can also spot weld a small strip of metal to carrier so you can use aguila 1 1/2 shells to make a 5 tube into 9tube

if i find camera tonignt i will post pic.

madmax4x4 is on the money. Aguila slugs and buckshot rounds fly with minimal recoil and make a wonderful home "D" round in a pump gun. You can learn to operate the 500 to cycle them just fine, but without practice, doing the mods to ensure proper feeding and extraction is the way to go.

Given the inteded purpose though, you proably wouldn't even go through but a few normal 2-3/4" shells in a CQB situation in the home, so I wouldn't be too worried about recoil. Again, a practice is key so you know what to expect and can efficiently cycle the next round. That said, my Mariner 590 came with both the full stock and pistol grip, of which I use neither. I retrofitted mine with a Knoxx SpecOps stock and it stays close by at night, loaded out with Federal Black Cloud...capacity is down a few rounds since they're 3" shells, but nasty, nasty stuff!

When I went to get a pump, I wanted one that had adjustable sights and a pistol grip and shoulder stock. I never spent that much time deciding which pump to get, but it came down to the Benelli Supernova or the Remington 870. The Benelli was nicer in a few ways and cost a little bit less. I think the Mossberg has a few too many compromises, I didn't really like it in comparison to the other two and the Winchester. I pretty much tested everything I could think of, and I found the Benelli was thought out a lot better and all the controls are better.

Besides, firing 3.5" shells is hilarious.

When I went to get a pump, I wanted one that had adjustable sights and a pistol grip and shoulder stock. I never spent that much time deciding which pump to get, but it came down to the Benelli Supernova or the Remington 870. The Benelli was nicer in a few ways and cost a little bit less. I think the Mossberg has a few too many compromises, I didn't really like it in comparison to the other two and the Winchester. I pretty much tested everything I could think of, and I found the Benelli was thought out a lot better and all the controls are better.

Besides, firing 3.5" shells is hilarious.

winchester 1300 is to use aguila rounds with out mod. As stated before you will not need more put just like the bonus on a siaga12, it is alot more fun. A.O.W. with aguila buck will fit under any pillow lol. :devil::lolol::ded:

Thanks for all the input everybody. I ended up buying it! It'll probably be next weekend or two before I can get to the range to try it out. I like the idea of maybe putting a vert grip on it, but I'm not sure how I'm going to accessorize it yet. I'll have to pattern some loads and see what the kick is.