normally i can make my own decisions but i need some help on this one. I curently have a springfield M1A standard, im thinking about a 50. bmg, so my question is should i sell the M1A to fund my 50. bmg purchase, or should i just wait and buy it later. my only thought is that the 50. may become illegal in my state before the M1A does any thoughts

thats pretty much it the M1A hasnt seen much action maybe 200 rounds so neither would be shot too much. thats the one thing im worried about is selling it and regretting it. i just dont have any experience with the 50. so i wanted to get a few suggestions. i would probably use the 50. on the local coyote population. overkill yes but fun im sure

Edited by motopilot1
thats pretty much it the M1A hasnt seen much action maybe 200 rounds so neither would be shot too much. thats the one thing im worried about is selling it and regretting it. i just dont have any experience with the 50. so i wanted to get a few suggestions. i would probably use the 50. on the local coyote population. overkill yes but fun im sure

Unless you want to shoot a coyote from 3/4 mile away, stay with what you have. The Barrett is a fine rifle but it is definite shock and awe. Very heavy, very long, very cumbersome, very accurate and very powerful. I have often thought of buying one but decided that weapons I would use more often are a better use of my funds. I have H&K 93, 91 SPG-1 trigger group. SP-89 and so on that are nothing but safe queens. I am considering selling the lot in order to buy more 1911's that I actually shoot every week. Consider the cost/benefit ratio on something like this. They definitely top the cool chart but is that the best use of your funds? Only you can answer that.

actually, there is currently word that they are SPECIFICALLY trying to BAN 50BMG from civilians, it will be marked under "destructive devices". SO, i'd buy the 50BMG just to sit on it, and wait, then resale if the worst doesn't happen =D M1A will be around for a while

I had a Barrett .50 BMG and I have an M1A. When I had both I shot the M1A for more and I think that you will too. There are very few places in my part of the country to shoot a .50 BMG. YMMV.