Saiga12 conversion help

I would like to convert my Saiga 12 to pistol grip. I have done this before on a 223 and just wanted to know if it will be the same deal. Does the Saiga 12 use the same trigger parts as the rest? Or is there something special about the Saiga 12 trigger assembly?

Also I would like info on how to get and convert USAS-12 mags for the Saiga 12.

Assuming all this is legal can someone help me out?

Thanks for any help.

Parts wise - converting S-12 is the same deal as .223!

The biggest questions are "Are you a LEO?" and/or "Are you an FFL holder?" If the answer is a "NO" to both questions than you are not allowed to have a pistol grip on your S-12!!! It is illigal!

As for the USAS-12 mags - I have 2 new original unmodified 10-round mags that I can sell you for $70 shipped. Send me an email if you want them. As for the conversion - I never got around to actually doing it, so can't help you here! But it can be done (looking at the picture)!!!

usas_12.jpg

Thanks for the offer and the info.

I won't be able to afford the mags anytime soon or I probably would be interested. Although I still don't know how to convert them. Any info on the mag conversion would be great for my research and future project.

I thought maybe the addition of US parts would make it legal. US grip, US stock, US trigger parts, etc.

FYI:

Box-mags that hold more than 5 rounds for semi-auto SHOTGUNS are also only available to LEOs or military personnel for official use.

Putting a box mag that holds more than 5 rounds on a semi-auto shotgun makes it an "assault weapon" within the meaning of the Crime Bill, and or makes it a "Destructive Device" as per the federal GCA.

Because it makes the gun an "assault weapon" and or a DD, Civilian ownership of box mags over 5 rounds is a federal felony. Just FYI.

• 2 weeks later...
Box-mags that hold more than 5 rounds for semi-auto SHOTGUNS are also only available to LEOs or military personnel for official use.
True, because no one makes them available.

Putting a box mag that holds more than 5 rounds on a semi-auto shotgun makes it an "assault weapon" within the meaning of the Crime Bill, and or makes it a "Destructive Device" as per the federal GCA.

I'd like to see your sources. The Crime Bill lists a FIXED mag of over 5rds as a 1 in 4 feature, and a DETACHABLE mag as another. There is no possible way to have both at once.

Concerning DD classification, I know shotguns have in the past been classified as DDs, but where is the ruling that inserting a mag over 5rds makes it one?