10 Round Magazine Problems

I picked up a 10 round mag on gunbroker.com from bddill78. The price was high ($150) but as hard as they are to come by I paid it. The problem I am having is that I have to fiddle around with it for 5 minutes to get it to lock into place. I took the gun to the range yesterday and was only able to get the 10 rounder to lock-in once and after screwing around with it for 10 minutes or so I finally gave up, tossed it in the bag and just used the 4 rounders (which don't have a problem at all). Has anyone else experienced these issues with the 10 rounders and if so, any ideas how I can fix it? :unsure:

Thanks in advance!

Doc

I picked up a 10 round mag on gunbroker.com from bddill78. The price was high ($150) but as hard as they are to come by I paid it. The problem I am having is that I have to fiddle around with it for 5 minutes to get it to lock into place. I took the gun to the range yesterday and was only able to get the 10 rounder to lock-in once and after screwing around with it for 10 minutes or so I finally gave up, tossed it in the bag and just used the 4 rounders (which don't have a problem at all). Has anyone else experienced these issues with the 10 rounders and if so, any ideas how I can fix it? :unsure:

Thanks in advance!

Doc

"Problem Fixed" Send it my way. lol

Is the mag latch not locking up to the mag. I had a 2.5" four rounder give me trouble like that until I filed a little off the latch catch.

Thanks in advance!

Doc

"Problem Fixed" Send it my way. lol

Is the mag latch not locking up to the mag. I had a 2.5" four rounder give me trouble like that until I filed a little off the latch catch.

That's exactly what's happening. It just won't latch in. I was planning to hit it with a file but I am a little concerned that will make it unsafe. I will just file a little at a time and keep trying it till it catches regularly and see how it goes.

Thanks in advance!

Doc

Do you still have bddill78's contact info? My gunbroker account isn't working..

Thanks in advance!

Doc

Do you still have bddill78's contact info? My gunbroker account isn't working..

I dont have his contact info any longer but the below link will take you to his current auction on gunbroker. He has a 10 rounder and the high bid is $105.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=92681255

Edited by IMCIDC