Complete drums tested!! Must read!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even suspend the guy, (After he spamed every one of MD's sticky threads)

I just suspended his posting ability for 30 days....

He can still log on, pm... ect.

I WANT him to LEARN and become a good member here.

This way he can inform HIMSELF by READING post instead of making them for a while..

That was really nice of you to do that, but this guy seems to have a problem understanding basic english.

Mike has been very plain put as to what the situation is with his drums, and what with that and the other posters talking about they sure will be glad when the drums come out, a second grader should have been able to figure this one out.

I hope he does come back with at least the sense to keep his mouth shut when he is uncertain if he is fixing to make an ass out of himself. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

deerollman If I was Mike I would send you a cardboard drum shaped get well card telling you that you just got moved to the very bottom of the list...

Some people obviously do not realize that Mike has been VERY forthcoming with information throughout this WHOLE LONG ORDEAL.

Do you have any idea how much work is involved here?

We just got the test drums about a week ago and some of us have not even had the chance to test fire our weapons with them.

I feel it's high time I spent a little while here and gave my thoughts on impatient, pushy people. They are a huge pet peeve of mine. If you don't like hearing me rant then please just tune out and ignore it...

For those people that need a better understanding of what it takes to invent something, build it, and market it this is my OPINION of how it should be done correctly.

Here's how it goes, for those that still don't seem to get it.

1. come up with an idea

2. act on that idea and make a prototype

3. test the prototype

4. work the problems out of the test prototype

5. announce that you have a product that you are working on, to gauge interest

***(note...this announcement part can be done at any time during the process, but the earlier it is done, the more nagging you are going to get from hundreds of impatient people who may think you don't have any other life and you can just pull your finished product right out of your ass)***

6. send your test prototype off to have it mass produced for market... (or in this case have some very complicated molds custom built to form your product and have to check and recheck and make adjustments until it is PERFECT for the job at hand) ...and spend BOATLOADS OF MONEY that you may have to beg borrow and steal (figure of speech) to get together, maybe even sell off everything you have to raise enough money to use for the project.

7. have the parts made

8. test the parts to make sure they are right and can be trusted to last

9. assemble a working pre production prototype

10. test this one yourself until you are mostly happy with it

11. spread the word if you do like it and think it is marketable **(again...see above note after #5)**

12 send some pre production working models out to trusted, qualified people to test it themselves and give their input

***note (this part can be CRUCIAL and the most important part that some stupid people bypass and end up with a POS...no names of course...)***

13. give those beta testers TIME to all work together and work with you to come out with the best possible product, while at the same time continuing to work out any bugs you can find yourself

**note (this is the stage this project is in now)**

14. after all necessary adjustments have been made and you are 100% HAPPY with your product and confident in it's success you start the actual first production run!

15. you still have to work out lots of other details, like websites and other advertising to get your product out there, getting all your packaging materials together (unless you farm that work out), actually assembling your product by hand (EACH AND EVERY ONE), and finally...

16. packaging your product up for shipping and going over a seemingly endless list of names to ship it to..(again keep in mind that if you are a one man operation, or even a family assembly line, this part is a LOT OF WORK)

17. stand behind your product and make arrangements to fix any major problems that come up for whatever reason

****NOTE (nowhere in this list is it REQUIRED to take your very limited time out to give constant UPDATES on how things are going. (but Mike has) People should be able to WAIT until there is a product actually in existence to buy. If it is necessary to take pre orders along the way then that's how it is, but those people need to UNDERSTAND all of the things involved in the process may take a while and they will get what they paid for if they just sit down, shut up, and WAIT for it. Mike has been very open about this whole thing from the very beginning. Just like anyone, he had a tentative release date set, but just like happens most times with a project of this magnitude, there were a few delays, which intelligent people can figure out is NORMAL, and he has been very open and offered up as much information as his time has allowed. All the while he has been diligent about answering TONS of emails, PMs, and questions here on this public forum. Anyone who is so much of an ASS that they have to badger him for even more information, IMO should be put all the way at the back of the line, or even have their orders canceled if they are really obnoxious like I have seen some people get.)****

These things I have stated are my own personal feelings on the matter and Mike has not communicated ANY such feelings to me. I feel that he has been overly patient with everything involved in this entire project. I tip my hat to him and honestly don't know how he does it. He is doing an excellent job and has brought an excellent designed and built product to reality, all because he wanted it and wanted us to have it too.

GIVE THE MAN A BREAK WILL YA!!!! :chris:

rant off.....

While I agree that Mredlee is very impatient and actually kind of obnoxious I would not advise any vendor to take the advice of many here on the board and try and punish a problematic customer by playing games like putting his order in the back of the shipping cue.

If it can be proven you could be looking at a lot of legal problems that no vendor, much less a new one that is trying to pay off his investment needs.

There is also the fact that this type of tactic might get turned about and the on-line world could turn on you like a pack of wolves. Does anyone recall the other drum manufacturer that seemed to take a hardball tact with his customers. There does not seem to be a lot of demand for that product now-a-days...

I would never do business with anyone that thought it proper to discipline me over a business dispute.

If you can not make a customer happy, just send him his money back, order closed. Business is about making money, happy customers are the desire of all successful businesses, some people you can not make happy, better to cut your loses with them and move on.

I'm gonna AssuMe Here and say that some of you have not served in the military and

know the whole, "Hurry up and wait" expression". Just chill the fuck out and when your

drum arrives at your door step its all good then. It ain't nothin, keep doing what your

doing Mike and take your time and put out a great product

By the way, If you ain't CAV

YOU AIN'T SHIT!!!

Tho I am not pushy or asking Mike when he is going to ship. I do think that people that have funds out do have the right to know. I been apart of 3-4 start up first runs. This is the only one where I had to prepay 100% before the item it ready for shipping.

I know Mike is doing his best and busy as hell but you guys don't need to slam everyone who ask whats going on!

If you have 100% trust in someone then waiting patiently isn't an issue but some of the guys may have been burned in the past. I for one trust MikeD and will just wait my turn

Azriel...and anyone else who is not happy with my rant above....

This was MY OWN post. It was addressing a subject that I stated plainly was my OWN pet peeve. That is IMPATIENT people who think they can change the world by bitching about things beyond their control.

I stated very plainly that Mike D had absolutely nothing to do with me delivering that message. He is a moderator of this part of the forum and if he does not want anything in this thread to remain here, he has full power to delete it.

My post was not directed at any one person. It addresses a problem that it seems to me, not many people are aware of.

I'm not speaking for MD Arms here, I'm speaking for myself and the rest of the people on this forum who know how to sit back and WAIT when they order something!

Azriel...and anyone else who is not happy with my rant above....

No Cobra, I had no negative opinion about your post, I even agree with you to a large degree.

I also have no problem with Juggernaut's moderator actions either! I would have done the same thing, or worst. This forum should not be allowed to be used as a whip for discrediting MD Arms.

I will also say that deerollman's post about taking a cardboard drum I took mostly in jest. He is a respected member of several firearms forums and not a causal rabble rouser.

I was just saying that I would not want to be seen as a vendor that would punish a customer over a business disagreement, that is all. Mike seems like a smart guy and I doubt that he went into this venture without knowing that he would have to deal with a few problems along the way. He seems to be handling them well.

Edited by Azrial
I'm gonna AssuMe Here and say that some of you have not served in the military and

know the whole, "Hurry up and wait" expression". Just chill the fuck out and when your

drum arrives at your door step its all good then. It ain't nothin, keep doing what your

doing Mike and take your time and put out a great product

YOU AIN'T SHIT!!!

Man you got your drums mixed up---this one isn't the doorstop!!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

The important thing to remember is that there have only been 25 first run test drum made. There may be changes that have to be made after testing. Don't place so much emphasis on WHEN they will be made. The fact is the WILL be made and they will be made RIGHT.

I went off yesterday because I got tired of hearing the constant requests for updates while Mike has done his absolute best to give as many as possible. I think it's just plain rude. I pissed off one person really good and he decided to go off on me in return, taking it all very personal and repeatedly yelling at my PM box, after being very uncool here in the thread, then deleting everything he said. It's unfortunate that this drum, and waiting for it to finally be produced, has caused as many headaches as it has for so many people, but the light is right there in sight at the end of this long tunnel. Can't we just sit back a little longer, everyone, and let the final important part of the whole process get finished without worrying about a delivery date or who said what and when? The important thing is that it WILL be done and done RIGHT. And no amount of pestering or complaining is going to speed up the process. It will only cause more unnecessary headaches.

YOU AIN'T SHIT!!!

I'm glad. I wouldn't want to be! :haha:

We are a Jarhead heavy board!!!!!

You mean Jarine !!! :haha:

What I believe my Brother in Arms was speaking of is that MARINE; as in my profession protecting you right to free speak; is spelled with a CAPITOL "M." Bet you don't even know why or how the term Jarhead came about do ya...do ya punk?! :ded::devil::haha: ...secret squirell kill paw strike!! :ph34r::ded::devil::haha:

YOU AIN'T SHIT!!!

I'm glad. I wouldn't want to be! :haha:

We are a Jarhead heavy board!!!!!

You mean Jarine !!! :haha:

What I believe my Brother in Arms was speaking of is that MARINE; as in my profession protecting you right to free speak; is spelled with a CAPITOL "M." Bet you don't even know why or how the term Jarhead came about do ya...do ya punk?! :ded::devil::haha: ...secret squirell kill paw strike!! :ph34r::ded::devil::haha:

didn't mean to offended you It was just a joke .My apology. I was in the service myself.

Edited by USP40

I agree with Cobra, I have been involved with the release of a firearm to the shooting "family". This item was prepaid, all or in part, struck with production delays and price increases, while the whole time trying to make sure the product was functional.

It appeared to me that the closer the product actually comes to completion the dumber some people get, I would call a guy and tell him his gun was going to ship out in a week (prepaid) just to listen to him go off on me about how big a piece of shit I was for not getting this piece out last year (I just worked there), I finally got the OK to cancel orders for stupidity, it helped out some. I actually get treated better by the douchebag inmates I watch at the jail than the "gun" community that I was trying to help.

IMHO the only option MD will have is to just cancel some orders and send their money back, if they are a horses-ass before delivery, they will be a festering nagging open wound after delivery. The other fun thing that a vendor has to deal with in the shooting "family" are self-serving pieces of shit who will climb the tallest mountain to rail against your product, tell everyone they encounter how horrible you are for not getting "their" gun made/shipped/customized/etc. only to find out that they never even ordered one, let alone paid for anything.

My hat's off to anybody actually willing to try and bring a product to American shooters, it's a thankless job at best.

Watch your six.

FWIW

ML Roak

As always throughout this process, Mike has been a straight up guy and kept us updated regularly. I received his latest update email today.

While I too am chompin' at the bit to get ahold of my drum, I can find no fault with the way Mike has handled this process so far.

Rock on Mike, we're behind you 100%! :super:

Who said "If you ain't CAV YOU AIN"T SHIT"? Does that mean if you are Cav you are shit?

Personally I don't get worked up over these minor delays but then again I still have a deposit down on the Shrike...

I figure I will get my 6 drums eventually and I strongly suspect it will be sooner than I will get the Shrike (and I haven't given up on that one either). Mike, I think what I have seen so far is fantastic, not just the product but the conduct of your business. I will be keeping an eye on you and your company. I have a prototype I might bounce off of you when the frenzy of bringing the drum to market dies down a bit. I could produce it myself but if an established vendor with a good rep offers it I think that would be a big jump toward selling in quantity.