Thanks for sharing the link. That was an interesting video. The guy is right about this NOT being a homogeneous country with a monolithic culture. INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM, including the right to keep and bear arms, is the foundation for most of what makes this country so great. Those who want to ban civilian ownership of firearms are generally the same people who want to IMPOSE their vision of how things "should" be on everyone else.

The fundamental difference that I see between liberals and conservatives is that while liberals seek to control others, so that they themselves are free to do whatever they want (i.e., mold the world in their own image); conservatives seek to control themselves (i.e., live their own lives) in accordance with their values and principles, and simply want the freedom necessary to exercise that control. I own guns, but I don't insist that others own guns. I hunt, but I don't demand that everyone else do so as well. I don't smoke, but I don't insist that no one else be allowed to do so. I keep in good physical condition, but I don't advocate government-imposed sanctions on those who don't (yes, some people are proposing such things). I'm not rich, but I don't support the mandatory redistribution of wealth so that no one else can be either. I don't deliberately offend others, but I don't insist that others be prohibited from doing anything that I might conceivably find offensive. I think for myself, but I don't demand that everyone else agrees with me.

The fundamental difference that I see between liberals and conservatives is that while liberals seek to control others, so that they themselves are free to do whatever they want (i.e., mold the world in their own image); conservatives seek to control themselves (i.e., live their own lives) in accordance with their values and principles, and simply want the freedom necessary to exercise that control. I own guns, but I don't insist that others own guns. I hunt, but I don't demand that everyone else do so as well. I don't smoke, but I don't insist that no one else be allowed to do so. I keep in good physical condition, but I don't advocate government-imposed sanctions on those who don't (yes, some people are proposing such things). I'm not rich, but I don't support the mandatory redistribution of wealth so that no one else can be either. I don't deliberately offend others, but I don't insist that others be prohibited from doing anything that I might conceivably find offensive. I think for myself, but I don't demand that everyone else agrees with me.

Well said! The problem is more of us need to step and to ensure those freedoms are maintained. It can be a bit counterintuitive to folks like us to impose such things on others, but if we don't, others will.

We are, afterall, a government that is empowered by the people and the Bush/Gore election in 2000 is proof that a few hundred votes can make the difference even in a nationwide election.

The great thing about flame throwers is that in most all states they are unregulated because there is no projectile. Per BATF, they are not even firearms. Too bad (1) they are so damn hard to find, (2) they are expensive, and (3) the thought of running around with pressurized flammable material in a re-manufactured 30+ year-old milsurp device gives me pause.

Now if someone started importing a new design and/or the parts... maybe I'd reconsider. But I consider flame throwers like scuba re-breathers... 99.999% of the time they are 100% safe... the other fraction of a percent they are 100% lethal.

Edited by RDSWriter
The great thing about flame throwers is that in most all states they are unregulated because there is no projectile. Per BATF, they are not even firearms. Too bad (1) they are so damn hard to find, (2) they are expensive, and (3) the thought of running around with pressurized flammable material in a re-manufactured 30+ year-old milsurp device gives me pause.

Now if someone started importing a new design and/or the parts... maybe I'd reconsider. But I consider flame throwers like scuba re-breathers... 99.999% of the time they are 100% safe... the other fraction of a percent they are 100% lethal.

Not a firearm is right it's DD. Don't think you can build one just because it is not a firearm even if you could get the original parts. It is 200. to rent and the guy who has them is always willing to buy parts.

If any one ever gets the chance to go to knob creek GO. you will look at every other gun show as BS after that. And that is just for the retail booths. the weather is always very nice for fall shoot in oct. but it gets real dusty more so with mini's shooting at a dirt hill.

Sat.is the night shoot lots of 55gal drums tracers video clips DO NOT do justice :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Most guns to rent are more than a dollar a round put a lot of stuff you can't rent at you local(if you got one) classIII range.

I go for Apl.+Oct. shoot every year in Oct last year I didn't even make it to lower range to rent anything spent the time in the Barn. I have not seen a full auto saiga 12 but you can rent AA-12.

Uzi walk is the best deal and you my win something. :chris:

For anyone else reading this thread, please note... the vast majority of my knowledge regarding our Federal firearm laws IS NOT related to explosives or incediary devices. That being said, I was under the impression a flamethrower was not a DD or anything else for that matter.

Just curious, is it the flamethrower itself that is a DD or is it the combination with the flammable material? The reason I ask is that I suspect that the flamethrower itself is unregulated because the metal and hoses do not qualify under the DD definition. I mean, it doesn't expel projectiles, it doesn't have a bore > 50cal because it doesn't have a barrel, and the flamethrower itself is not an explosive or incediary.

I'm guessing that the flamethrower - by itself - is unregulated.

I'm guessing tha the flammable material - by itself - is unregulated... or else you'd have to pay $200 for some flammable propellant every time you made or bought some**.

BUT the possession and/or combination of both flamethrower and flammable material constituate a DD. Is that right?

Thanks for any clarification.

**Or I guess if you personally Form 1'd the flamethrower... making new propellant might be considered repairing the DD - because without the propellant it wouldn't be a DD?