how did it shoot?

My only concern with this stock is how is the comb and LOP (lenght of trigger pull).

which barrel length better 16.3 or 21.8? can't you still get out to about 800 meters with 16?

gilbert guns has it for 530.00 not bad as it would be this much for conversion parts and time. hmmmmm

only 2 ounces heavier thant other plastic stock 308's.

Ok lets hear the review

the suspence is getting to me :cryss:

thanks in advance.

Edited by leadslinger

OK guys did a search on accuracy and read posts back to 2005.

it seems the 16 inch barrel is just as accurate if not more with the right loads than the 21 inch barrel.

I really like this version as it seems most of the work is done. I guess i am just being lazy about a pistol grip conversion on standard 16 inch.

wood stock has a nice appeal.

i guess my last couple of deciding factors would be regarding any excessive mods if you wanted to put the red star trigger in? hi cap mags?

I am not looking for match grade accuracy. but his rifle in a 16 inch barrel looks like it would be the best of both worlds.

any feed back would be appreciated.

Edited by leadslinger

I think this is hot just the way it is. I have an AMD 65 build with plastic furniture--saiga 20--- saiga .223 and a swedish 1911 mauser that i finished a boyds thumb hole stock.

I got to tell you the wood stocks have a very different appeal. A ventilated wood upper would be sweet. I think the only thing to add to it would be a comp from primary wapons systems and mojo sights.

The J tac47 comp from primary weapons works likea charm on the AMD65. A little loud but great product.

Scope of course.

paul

Edited by leadslinger

Hey man, great lookin' gun. The wood is very cool. Well, this is just great. I go through 4 years of finding two Saiga .308's at the right price, learning how to convert them, buying the parts, doing the work, and lo and behold, now the ver2's are available! :cryss::ded:

It's almost like the gun gods are laughing at me :haha: I didn't pay much more to convert my ver.1's than what they're askin' for the ver.2's, so it's not really about the cost. I guess its just a conveinience thing. At least I've got some AK 'smithing knowledge to show for it.

The only downside of the ver2, I suspect, would be the inability to use regular stamped receiver AK stocks, and the availability of VEPR stocks. Even then, I suppose if you wanted the Dragunov style, it wouldn't matter if the receiver is angle cut or not... I'm curious too, on whether or not you can use standard AK trigger parts in it.

The bottom line is that wood stock is damn sexy :wub: and now I'm gonna have to refinish mine to match!

saiganoobie great pics man that is one sweet looking weapon.

centerfire has them in stock and ready to ship. the guy said they didn't even know they were getting them other wise they would already be sold

center fire

Now i have to sell a few guns and accressories to pay for this one but I think it will be worth it.

Edited by leadslinger

Is the receiver truly angle cut on the .308 v.21 rifle? Would the ACE angle cut receiver block made for the vepr rifles fit on the .v21 rifle?? If the ACE receiver block could fit, then that would open the door to other possible stock options for this rifle (assuming you didn't want the wood stock). Also, how difficult would it be to thread the muzzle to allow the attachment of a muzzle break?

Just picked up my Ver 308 today.

It is awesome. The stock is comfortable and made of high quality hardwood.

The trigger is much better. That typical S-308 long trigger pull is shorter and the angle of the trigger more vertical.

It seems that the receiver and barrel are similar to the S-308. :rolleyes:

I can't wait. Mine is coming in sometime next thursday. thank the gun gods for center fire as they had them in stock.

I have been reserching the scope question. Man it seems recommendations are all over the board. I really like the idea of having the chevrons for bullet drop. knowing that here in MD i will be lucky to get a range with 200 yards i would still like a scope to be capable out to 600m and still allow me to shoot close and use my irons as a backup. looks like psop or IOR best bang for buck. Psop more affordable.

any one have definitive recommendations?

Just picked up my Ver 308 today.

It is awesome. The stock is comfortable and made of high quality hardwood.

The trigger is much better. That typical S-308 long trigger pull is shorter and the angle of the trigger more vertical.

It seems that the receiver and barrel are similar to the S-308. :rolleyes:

I can't wait. Mine is coming in sometime next thursday. thank the gun gods for center fire as they had them in stock.

I have been reserching the scope question. Man it seems recommendations are all over the board. I really like the idea of having the chevrons for bullet drop. knowing that here in MD i will be lucky to get a range with 200 yards i would still like a scope to be capable out to 600m and still allow me to shoot close and use my irons as a backup. looks like psop or IOR best bang for buck. Psop more affordable.

any one have definitive recommendations?

I also had ordered mine from Centerfire. Took approx 3 days to get to my FFL.

I also am not sure what scope to get.

The iron sites line up naturally with the thumbhole stock.

So I took her out to the range.

I'll let the pics speak for themselves. 100yrds off one forward sandbag. UTG Lowrise Mount & Centerpoint 4-16x40 $70.00 scope from Wallyworld.

8 shot group. One flier 4 1/2" up and left from the group. I jerked it. Not pictured.

post-6947-1204782043_thumb.jpg

post-6947-1204782052_thumb.jpg

post-6947-1204782059_thumb.jpg

post-6947-1204782066_thumb.jpg

post-6947-1204782073_thumb.jpg

post-6947-1204782080_thumb.jpg

Edited by SaigaNoobie

i just got to look at mine last night.

Maryland and its wokderful gun laws considers this an assault weapon so i had to fill out same paper work as gun and wait the 7 day waiting period. Man i hate this freaking state.

Oh well not to worry i am to busy to take it out to range anytime soon.

Very sweet though.

nice pics.