Alright, i'm contemplating buying a Dragunov, but i'm running into some huge price differences, i'm wondering why, not being a SVD expert i have no idea which one is better, SO which one is better? i've seen Norinco's going for 4000!! but a NIB romanian for 799?? what gives? anyone have a clue i could borrow?

You're a victim of the marketers.

The $699 rifle you are referring to isn't a Dragunov at all. The marketers here in the USA think they'll sell more if they call it one.

It's actually a PSL rifle.

These are sold under the following names: "SSG-97", "PSL-54C", "Romanian Dragunov"(which it's not), "FPK" and "PSL"

man i'd like to make it, i'm on duty that day and there's no one to cover my shift =( I'm gonna be at the TR shoot meet on April 27th though, showing up with some friends with big toys...like AR 50 big ;D ANYWAYS, this cheap verison of a dragunov, is it any good or should i just get a parts kit? :bag:

Edited by Vultite

The PSL is not a sniper rifle.

It is a designated marksman rifle.

When used with properly loaded sniper ammo, it will outshoot you. (In other words, using delinked 7.62x54R surplus machine gun ammo isn't gonna give you good groups)

Using heavy loads ( < 155gr ) in it will wear it out quick.

You're gonna be better off buying the complete rifle. Complete parts kits and receivers are hard to find.

Edited by nalioth

well that brings me to another question, if i should roll that route, then ver 100 or standard for saiga 308? so far the best deal i found on a PSL or romak 3 is 671 at on point, but no idea when more will be in stock too.....

Have you tried the Saiga 308? its pretty good for the money...... but ive been looking at PSL too the ammo is cheap...

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp...amp;ProdID=1427

this is the best deal ive found on PSL.....

Alright, i'm contemplating buying a Dragunov, but i'm running into some huge price differences, i'm wondering why, not being a SVD expert i have no idea which one is better, SO which one is better? i've seen Norinco's going for 4000!! but a NIB romanian for 799?? what gives? anyone have a clue i could borrow?

just get a Tigr? it's a civi SVD, made at Izhmash, like your Saigas.

Even the bottom end psl (FPK) is slick, I just got one and shot it yesterday for the first time. 3 rounds to sight in the scope, followed by 57 hits on 32oz water bottles ranging from 80 to 240 steps (thats as formal as I get now days) ,No miss, no glitches ......... With good ammo this beast has magnetic bullets pulling to the target....My only regret is not buying one years ago.....

Edited by D.ID

I have a PSL and I got it for 2 reasons, it is a reasonably accurate rifle that is/was cheep (I am at $0.10/rd) to shoot. I got the PSL, 10k of ammo and 10 mags for just about the same price as a new M1A. It is not on par with an M1A or a nice .308 AR by any means but they are fun. One thing I do not like about mine is that it came with a 4x scope. While the scope is very nice and clear shots more then a couple hundred yards are very hard to make. I got mine at a local shop and it came with the 4x, if you are going to order one get it with the 8x or there are some nice variable scopes here http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/default.aspx .

I got mine fairly dialed in today but did not have any paper targets. I was easily able to hit pop cans out to 100 yards. There is a gong at 600 yards that is about 2' square. I was dropping rounds all around it but could not hit it (in 10 rds) but I think a lot of that has to do with the 4x scope.

Edited by Nwcid

Kalinka pretty much received a Fatwa (fatwā) on this forum ;)

I am up on most of the saying but I am not sure on that one. Is that good or bad?

I have never ordered from then, just saw the web site.

It means that if you search this forum for "kalinka", you'll find what we think of them...

:ded: :ded: :ded: :ded: :ded: :ded: :ded: :ded: :ded: