Trigger Guard - Where?

I would go with K-Var Bulgarian AK-74 Guard and a Virgin Bulgarian Selector Stop from Elk River (Global Trades).

If you call K-Var and ask them they will ship the part US mail for $2.00 which is a lot better that $11.

P1040479.jpg

I was thinking about making 10 sets already modified for S-12 conversions.

I would have to have 10 interested parties before I would start. I may post something in the For Sale forum...

A selector Stop is a metal plate that goes between the receiver and the trigger guard (Towards the Front). It has a little nub that extends out and curves up on the right hand side of the receiver. It limits the downward travel of the selector.

See Picts:

P1040094.jpg

Test Fit of Trigger Guard, Selector Stop & Selector

P1040258.jpg

Bolts replaced with Rivets.

Drool drool,I would buy a trigger gaurd but I saw the post on how you made it, sweet! looks like fun to me,..

Thanks for the additional pics!

I see you are going with a double hook trigger??

A selector Stop is a metal plate that goes between the receiver and the trigger guard (Towards the Front). It has a little nub that extends out and curves up on the right hand side of the receiver. It limits the downward travel of the selector.

Edited by Gas Giant

Why the other plate to the rear? To balance out the selector stop piece? Add more strength to the pistol grip area? Both? Is that a made piece or bought?

Also, why the AK74 guard and not the AK47? Selector stop at K-Var looks different (or did you cut it down?), and is OOS!

Edited by Rustynuts
Why the other plate to the rear? To balance out the selector stop piece? Add more strength to the pistol grip area? Both? Is that a made piece or bought?

Also, why the AK74 guard and not the AK47? Selector stop at K-Var looks different (or did you cut it down?), and is OOS!

he pistol grip reinforcement plate is just that, a plate to reinforce the receiver. The pistol grip plate is available from many vendors, I got mine from Tantal (best in the business). Many folding stock AK's come with the grip plate from the factory. It's just a good idea. I'm really not sure about the differences between the 74 and 47 trigger guard.

Yes I cut the selector stop down.

See the tutorial:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=22906

Anywhere else to get the stop? K-Var is out of stock!

Call Elk River (Global Trades).

The only thing to look out for is the size of the notch. I know that the notches in the Polish and Romanian stops are too big and there will not be enough material when you cut it. The Virgin Bulgarian ones work just right.