New DIY Conversion Part from Tromix (pic)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to use this, I need the modified Tapco trigger setup, a pistol grip, and some plugs for the drilled out pin holes.

Did I miss anything? I have a Romanian folder to use for now.

I need to make a list for MAA when I get back from vacation...

ETA: I got mine in (shipping from Oxford is QUICK here).

VERY NICE!

Thanks Tony!

Edited by Cpt_Kirks

WOW, I'm done with my conversion. A little over 2 hours from start to finish. Tromix FCG, sharkbrake, DIY triggerguard, TAPCO buttstock and saw grip, with a front sight block from the e-store. I never would have dreamed that this trigger guard would make the process this easy. I found the myself wanting a little more in the directions, but I am POSITIVE that is just me. This thing ROCKS Tony! If I could ever figure out how to put a pic up, I would. I am so very happy with this product and the time and ulcer it saved me.

Tony, Just to let you know--I put mine on yesterday. Front 2 holes worked great but when you drill for the rear hole, my stock adapter was too close to the hole to get the screw in. I simply got the MIG welder cranked up and put a couple of spots on the corners and since its hidden by my SAW grip, no problem. Someone whith a Stock Adapter who doesn't want to weld the rear would probably want to relieve the lower front portion to make room for the washer and screw. Thanks for the great product.

Edited by itento
Tony, Just to let you know--I put mine on yesterday. Front 2 holes worked great but when you drill for the rear hole, my stock adapter was too close to the hole to get the screw in. I simply got the MIG welder cranked up and put a couple of spots on the corners and since its hidden by my SAW grip, no problem. Someone whith a Stock Adapter who doesn't want to weld the rear would probably want to relieve the lower front portion to make room for the washer and screw. Thanks for the great product.

^^^ This.

I have the ace internal block and I'll be drilling / grinding into the bottom of it to make room for the screw / washer as I don't have any welding equipment / skills.

If I knew you'd be all "go ahead and send your guns in" I probably would have had the conversion done by you instead of spending the hundreds on your parts and doing it myself :) I'm having a blast getting it done but I'm sure it would have been a lot nicer going through your shop.

OK, thanks for the heads up on the adapter clearance issue. I'll take a look at it.

Tony

The internal ace block already requires modification for the s-12 anyways so its just a matter of making another dremel cut on the bottom. Because of the width of the washer you just have to extend the square hole in the adapter back as deep and as high as the washer + screw extend. I did it in about 5 minutes with a dremel. Doing it this way just means you have to remove the stock adapter before taking off the trigger guard but I don't know why you'd ever need to remove one and not the other. I don't see another logical way around it unless you can teach me to weld on one of your stock adapter plates :)

The saftey stop is placed perfectly, right after the bump clears the bottom of the receiver. Awesome stuff. I test fit my saw grip and it looks awesome. Unfortunately I'm going out of town and won't be able to finish the conversion today... I can't wait! Your parts have been a big help so thanks for that.

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't pleased with my original trigger guard (re-used the old one) so I picked up one of these on a whim. All I have to say is this: Wow, cake easy!

The rear most screw did get in the way of the buttstock (regular old synthetic) but a minute with a dremel (on the stock) fixed that problem. Took maybe ten whole minutes to install and I didn't even have to remove my FCG to do it (since mine was already converted). I have one of the older models where there's a slot behind the Pgrip hole so no additional drilling was required. Top notch!

Are these sold out again?

I checked the Mississippi site and it is not listed anymore.

Wow, I guess I nabbed one just in time. I ordered one two days ago from MAA and it came in the mail today (along with some other goodies).

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see someone try this part on one of the rifles and see how close the fit is. There can't be that much difference between say an S-12 and an IZ-132, can there?

Then again, I just got the nerve to start converting mine. I'll finish it up once the paint dries. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! that's awesome! I'd get one for one of my S-12's for sure! Good job Tony!!

Question... For those who like the traditional trigger guard.. In the future are you planning make the DIY kit with the traditional trigger guard? Or would you be open to the idea of making custom kits with the traditional trigger trigger guard and how much would you charge?

• 2 weeks later...