New DIY Conversion Part from Tromix (pic)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a new Do-It-Yourself, bolt on Saiga-12 trigger guard, grip nut, and safety stop all in one unit.

Threaded inserts will be shot into the three holes. To install, just tear off the OEM trigger plate, knock out the old rivets and and screw this in place. You will have your pistol grip conversion done in about 5 minutes with this part.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Does this work with any style pistol grip that will fit the S-12, or just the SAW style that you sell? I would like to get this to use on the Ergo grip, if it will work. No slight intended to your product, Ijust have their grips on several of my rilfes and I like them very much.

Thanks Tony.

It should work with just about any grip. Some may not have a cavity large enough to accept the long threaded boss, but it wouldn't take much to file it a bit shorter.

so ah any idea on when i can order one of these?

There is really no need to "sign up". As soon as I have them in hand, I will ship a large batch to www.mississippiautoarms.com and they will distribute them. I will make an announcement at that time.

The following parts are "in work" and will be available shortly.

1. Tromix Hand Guard for 19" and 22" guns. (3 weeks out)

2. Tromix Flash Hider, similar to the Russion unit. (4 weeks out)

3. New Trigger Guard/Grip Nut Assembly (4 weeks out)

Based on Tony's previous post, these should be out in 2-3 weeks.

Don't you just love it when people don't bother to read the entire thread......... :rolleyes:

Tony, I wonder if you would be interested is selling some trigger guards mius the grip nut and thus the easy stamp out metal part....?

I dont mind cutting the grip nut hole and would probably perfer the "traditional" nut hole build. But that trigger guard is 100% bad ass and would look fantastic. :super:

I was just reading about the internal receiver block from ace. It states as follows .... "The ACE Internal Receiver Block requires modification to the receiver; i.e.. the tang on the back of the receiver must be cut off then filed or ground smooth. The internal receiver block will then simply bolt into the receiver. It will be connected at the stock screw hole on the inside of the receiver and the pistol grip "T" nut will hold the front of the receiver block. There is no movement to the receiver block once it is installed. Fits most common stamped receivers, 1mm and 1.6mm"

With your new conversion part, will there be an issue with the T nut securing the receiver block now?

Here's a new Do-It-Yourself, bolt on Saiga-12 trigger guard, grip nut, and safety stop all in one unit.

Threaded inserts will be shot into the three holes. To install, just tear off the OEM trigger plate, knock out the old rivets and and screw this in place. You will have your pistol grip conversion done in about 5 minutes with this part.

How would this work on a 410?

I was just reading about the internal receiver block from ace. It states as follows .... "The ACE Internal Receiver Block requires modification to the receiver; i.e.. the tang on the back of the receiver must be cut off then filed or ground smooth. The internal receiver block will then simply bolt into the receiver. It will be connected at the stock screw hole on the inside of the receiver and the pistol grip "T" nut will hold the front of the receiver block. There is no movement to the receiver block once it is installed. Fits most common stamped receivers, 1mm and 1.6mm"

With your new conversion part, will there be an issue with the T nut securing the receiver block now?

You MIGHT be able to snake rear part of the DIY trigger guard inside the receiver, with the T-nut sticking out and passing through an Ace receiver block. The rear hole would interfere with the Ace block, though.

Simpler solution would be to use a regular Tromix weld-on trigger guard. If you're already got a DIY guard, just chop the back half off, weld it on, and use a normal T nut...you'd still be making good use of the selector lever stop on the DIY guard.

• 2 weeks later...

-----------------UDPATE------------------

I made a second prototype as well as a check fixture for the CNC shop to build it to.

I should have them in hand by 5/1/08. They are a bit more expensive then I wanted,

due to the part being a weldment, but I still think it's very worthwhile. $45ea. The first

100 pieces will go to Mississippiautoarms as soon as they arrive.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

-----------------UDPATE------------------

I made a second prototype as well as a check fixture for the CNC shop to build it to.

I should have them in hand by 5/1/08. They are a bit more expensive then I wanted,

due to the part being a weldment, but I still think it's very worthwhile. $45ea. The first

100 pieces will go to Mississippiautoarms as soon as they arrive.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Tony,

Can you address the questions raised above about the pistol grip nut needed fo the folding stock conversion? Will your piece take care of this or not?

Uggh. Another month. I have everything else I need to do my conversion except for the trigger guard. I was looking forward to this one..... Oh, well. You can't push quality. Thanks Tony.

You don't need the grip nut to hold the ACE adapter block in place. It has a bolt to hold it in. All the force/stress during firing is compressional, so the security of the additional retention provided by the grip nut is not necessary.

I know, it has taken longer then I wanted. There were issues with the installation of the center pem-sert being so close to the vertical section of the trigger guard. I tried to move that section forward to allow more room, but that put the grip too close to the trigger. So, I had to move it back to the original location and cut the diameter to 8-32 at that location instead of 10-32. Which sucks, because now I have to provide a second allen wrench in the kit for the one number 8 screw. I won't bore you with all the other shit that had to be changed, but it's finally good to go now, and we'll have good parts in 30 days.

I still need to write the instruction sheet for the part and will probably add in something to plug the old axis holes.

I know it seems like a simple deal.....but there is always something that kicks my ass and delays the project.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

• 3 weeks later...

Tony,

Is this going to be an S 12-only part, or will you attempt this for the rifles at some point in the future? Or, am I missing something, and this will fit in a rifle? I don't have a machinist buddy or a friend with a welder to bribe into welding on the standard Tromix trigger guard, so this would be my only option short of sending my rifle to someone out-of-state.

Okay, thanks. I pulled my rifle from the box to check a few things out and see what parts I needed for my conversion. Still got a few to go, so I'll be sending some folks some money in the next few weeks. I hope this part sells like a sumbitch, 'cuz I really would like to see this for the rifles.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm hoping to have them in 30 days or so. I will have a price in about a week.

Tony

Any idea yet when MAA will be receiving these and the price, I've been on their list for a couple of these and other items.

Thanks

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update! I've got a big order coming to MAA for my conversion once this gets in...

edit: I just placed the order for everything else as they have a limited time free shipping for orders placed while they move.

Edited by Flex_BT

Here's some pics of the first production unit that just rolled off the line. These will be blasted and coated with black bake-on Moly Resin prior to shipping. It will also include assembly screws, washers, allen wrench, and installation instructions.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

DIY5.jpg

DIY4.jpg

DIY6.jpg

DIY3.jpg

DIY1.jpg