Who wants a suppressor for the .410?

Naw way, I don't believe it. Bob Ash, you dirty lying SOB.

Are you serious?!

lol Yeah, it's true. Tony's range report and pics are HERE

edit: Remember that test was done on an 8" gun, which is really what it was designed for. It's threaded for the Saiga barrel and would fit on a stock-length gun, but it would be pretty long... and a lot quieter, I imagine.

Edited by BobAsh
Naw way, I don't believe it. Bob Ash, you dirty lying SOB.

Are you serious?!

lol Yeah, it's true. Tony's range report and pics are HERE

edit: Remember that test was done on an 8" gun, which is really what it was designed for. It's threaded for the Saiga barrel and would fit on a stock-length gun, but it would be pretty long... and a lot quieter, I imagine.

i want one, used to shoot all the time without hearing protection, whattt was that you said?

You can shoot the 12-gage model without hearing protection.

You can also stand near a 16" naval artillery piece without using hearing protection while it's being fired -- but I wouldn't recommend it. Opinions, of course, may vary.

Question: "Suppressor" to me means "silencer". Is that what we're talking about here? If so, why would we be wanting/needing one? Or are we planning on doing some house clearing? Sorry, guys, not being a S.W.A.T. team member, LEO or of similar interest, no need here.

Edited by Aethelbert
You can also stand near a 16" naval artillery piece without using hearing protection while it's being fired --

Um, yeah...I guess some folks probably wear earplugs when running the vacuum cleaner, but everybody that was present as the test-firing thought it was quiet enough, and nobody had any residual symptoms.

Question: "Suppressor" to me means "silencer". Is that what we're talking about here? If so, why would we be wanting/needing one?

No such thing as a "silencer". I guess you've never shot one? Anyway, it's got nothing to do with "need"...100% of the guys I know with suppressors (including the cops) got them as toys.

If I needed an excuse to buy a silencer, I'd use this one.

<bullshit excuse>

In defense of my house or family from a criminal of any sort that meant me harm, I'm not going to have time to put on ear protection.

</bullshit excuse>

You can also stand near a 16" naval artillery piece without using hearing protection while it's being fired --

Um, yeah...I guess some folks probably wear earplugs when running the vacuum cleaner, but everybody that was present as the test-firing thought it was quiet enough, and nobody had any residual symptoms.

Question: "Suppressor" to me means "silencer". Is that what we're talking about here? If so, why would we be wanting/needing one?

No such thing as a "silencer". I guess you've never shot one? Anyway, it's got nothing to do with "need"...100% of the guys I know with suppressors (including the cops) got them as toys.

Ar-r-r-gh! Forgive me! I stand both corrected and contrite. Now I remember a similar question being put to me by my first wife (second and present/hopefully last in this life -- she's great) when I wanted to get my first milsurp rifle -- "But why do you need it? Are you planning on joining a militia band?!?"

And my response was... because I _want_ one!

Logic still stands, doesn't it?

Many thanks, Bob (and others), for your patience with me on this. And, no, I've never used one (suppressor/silencer).

Edited by Aethelbert

There are some that buy suppressors based on "need"....that being that they like to shoot on their own property but have neighbors that are opposed to the noise...or the gun owner doesn't want everyone knowing that they have guns and shoot on the property so they prefer the suppressed guns..... But as Bob put it---they are a lot of fun!!! Nothing like plinking steel plates with a suppressed gun---you hear the action of the gun and the clang of the steel plate---lots of fun (you ever play "HORSE" at the basketball court as a kid??? try it with steel plates/suppressed gun---can make for some fun/creative shooting!!!)

There are some that buy suppressors based on "need"... they like to shoot on their own property but have neighbors that are opposed to the noise...

AND ... they are a lot of fun!!!

Ehheexaaxcly!

That's why I want Tromix to build em for the .410

Tony has stated the design is not all that complicated.

I'm willing to bet a lot of other 410 owners would feel the same.

But they need to see a working prototype.

I say build a few ... Video them in action.

Price them fairly.

If they don't sell, I'd be very surprised!

There are some that buy suppressors based on "need"... they like to shoot on their own property but have neighbors that are opposed to the noise...

AND ... they are a lot of fun!!!

Ehheexaaxcly!

That's why I want Tromix to build em for the .410

I'm sorry ... BobAsh has stated the design is not all that complicated.

"Not hard to design for the right team. Not hard to produce with a lathe and a mill."

I'm willing to bet a lot of other 410 owners would feel the same.

But they need to see a working prototype.

I say build a few ... Video them in action.

Price them fairly.

If they don't sell, I'd be very surprised!

I have a Saiga 410, as well as a Saiga 12, and I'd definately use a surpressor in my home. (they are still legal to get here in WA - with the appropriate red tape of course) The walls reflect sound quite nicely. Outside is a completely different matter. Sound is transmitted forward mostly and is not too bad. But in a room? The exposive compression wave would be reflected several places. You'd be deaf for hours. A sound surpressor would be the best thing.

- Madwulf

I'd definately use a surpressor in my home.

walls reflect sound in a room? The exposive compression wave would be reflected several places. You'd be deaf for hours. A sound surpressor would be the best thing.

- Madwulf

I agree,

Defending your home & family ... for the most part is going to be indoors.

Permanent hearing loss for you & your family would be a sad result from firing a shotgun in your home. :cryss:

Another great reason to have a suppressor for your shotgun.

I want one, but unfortunately I live in a state (KS) where they aren't legal for civilians unless you have a SOT, and even that may be changing for the worst.

I can't understand legislation cant be passed for legal (suppression to a degree)

on ANY private property where its legal to own & use firearms.

I know I can open carry on my property or place of business.

Yet open carry is definitely illegal in public where I live.

IMO suppression a good thing, at least enough not blow out your ear drums in an emergency situation.

not to mention the relief to neighbors and environmental noise pollution.

By the way here's some interesting links I ran across;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j5P0LXemAA

http://guns.connect.fi/rs/rifles.html

http://guns.connect.fi/gow/QA17.html

Any ways ... I still want one for my .410

I want one, but unfortunately I live in a state (KS) where they aren't legal for civilians unless you have a SOT, and even that may be changing for the worst.

IMO suppression a good thing, at least enough not blow out your ear drums in an emergency situation.

not to mention the relief to neighbors and environmental noise pollution.

Any ways ... I still want one for my .410

Touche' ! I see your point. Having an already suppressed Saiga .410 beats the heck out of trying to locate and insert a set of top quality sound-suppressing ear plugs.

Have at it!

Hey Tromix

I have an Idea. (if legal) :rolleyes:

If you not going to build A .410 suppressor ...

What would you charge for;

PDF download of the Proper Schematics & all the nessecary ATF forms ?

Hmmm ??? :dollar:

The ATF forms are easy. You can go to titleii.com & fill out the Form 1 to make one yourself.

Sell the design? Doubtful.

Sorry, I knew it was a stupid question ... but I had to try.

What if you guys just built them per order.

Its not a tooling issue is it?

I thought it could be done with a lathe & a mill.

You could just sell them Raw ... with all the complete parts,

Leave them un finished & un assembled.

That could take away some of the labor time spent.

Making it more profitable for you. :dollar:

Leave the Blasting & finishing work up to the individual.

Just a thought?

We have a lathe and a mill, but they are being used by the very lucrative conversion business.

Tony doesn't have a huge margin on each gun, so his money is made in the volume of work. Frankly, jobs like this aren't really a priority. We are considering adding a CNC lathe though, just for this type of work...so it could happen.

We have a lathe and a mill, but they are being used by the very lucrative conversion business.

Tony doesn't have a huge margin on each gun, so his money is made in the volume of work. Frankly, jobs like this aren't really a priority. We are considering adding a CNC lathe though, just for this type of work...so it could happen.

So your saying I have a chance! :rolleyes:

I have my check book ready to pre order ... just give me the word. :dollar:

Who else is ready to Pony up for a .410 suppressor ?