• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been playing guitar for about two years. Started as a way to pass time in Iraq. I was hooked instantly as it is about the toughest thing I've tried. I also started playing drums about 3 months ago, I think I like them better. The guitar in the pic is a Schecter Hellraiser. The Drums are Pearl Exports with Sabian cymbals. One thing is for sure, it needs more cowbell.

dscn1392.jpg

Edited by shaneman153a

I fix houses. If its residential, Ive worked on it. charity work to billionare's homes, historical sites, to a hole in the ground. I put the footings in and restore 450 year old stone masonry. I cant practice some of my real skill down here in FL, due to not having some crazy-expensive licenses. Not sure how a lot that are licensed that I see down here have theirs still, actually, from the crap work I see all over the place. Kind of dissapointing.

I built my first computer from parts off the IBM line it was built on where my father worked for 20 years when they couldnt figure it out when I was 8. I am 35 now. Ive learned a little bit about them since then.

Ive been playing the guitar for oh, 20 years now, about. I play for my own amusement now casually, but I used to be pretty good at it once upon a time when I gave a crap about filling my head with more headaches.

I fish daily, and always have lived nearby to water of some kind to fish at. Not a big hunter, although I have gone and "fetched" dinner on occasions.

Always have had pets. I have a fish and a cat.

I collect old maps.

My friends and I play a game called magic the gathering (we have played it since it came out hush now) that replaced all social gaming for years with us all. Ive spent MANY hours argueing rules with them, too). I used to be a very serious chess player, and still like to play that once in a while. Again, like music, I save the headache, and play a war of attrition for my own amusement.

I have hiked from maine to southern new york in various legs, and started to enjoy rock climbing. Almost froze to death one night on top of a mountain in the catskills, thats some story, that weekend LOL. Ice climbing is very difficult, especially when you "wing it".

I have traveled the US extensively, for various reasons, say all of the above, I guess.

I have been shooting ever since I can remember. This is why I am ok when someone wants to let thier young son or daughter shoot one of my guns, like my m15 when I still had it.

Edited by Bvamp

I collect skin suits I assemble from dead hookers. :eek:

I REALLY like beer, and am currently assembling a really nice set-up for an eventual start in homebrewing it.

I snowboard, hike, camp, I generally like most outdoor nature-type activities, and I occassionally whore my writing skills out to those who don't have the time to do their own jobs.

I collect skin suits I assemble from dead hookers. :eek:

OMFG.. LOL

I just about shot soda out of my nose...

Well, besides making babies.. lol

Demolition derby..

check out our teams website

Crownn Racing

IMG_0780.JPG

Edited by MD_Willington

I'm surprised there's not more car guys, but I guess this is a relatively new thread. It seems like car guy are always into guns and vice versa.

I'm into cars, up until this point mostly import cars, but with the trouble I've been having making my turbo sentra run right, I'm about to the point where I want to buy an early 70's chevelle and throw a big block in it. I've also always been a fan of the SS camaros. LS1 is the shit.

damn gearheads! LOL now look what you made motopilot go do.

...and ya'll think im nuts. Here's one guy is standing his truck on it's head (literally), and another is 20 foot up doing 60 or something, without wings or a propeller on a bike. Yeh, wheres the hill climber dude, lets get it over with already LOL.

It always amazes me how many high-caliber dudes we actually have here, that stay here.

Edited by Bvamp
I'm surprised there's not more car guys, but I guess this is a relatively new thread. It seems like car guy are always into guns and vice versa.

I like cars. I use to like motorcycles but I have too much responsibility to take my chances with those things. Computers are another hobby correlation that pops up on the gun boards.

Overall I don't have a lot of hobbies because work, family, and relative poverty have all taken the majority chunks of time and money. I have always been a big reader and history buff.

Getting frustrated with the time and cost tinkering with my mustang is what got me into the gun hobby about a year ago. I figured I would buy ONE pistol and get some R&R at the shooting range. I just traded one expensive bug for another but one of my premises was correct. I get more enjoyment and satisfaction out of playing with the guns.

I collect belly button lint, its amazing how much I generate in a week.

When I'm not categorizing lint, I race in SCCA autocross and NASA time trials. I also am a certified diver, up until I started my own company I dove every year in the Cayman Islands. I used to cycle quite a bit. My best time for a solo ride is 6hrs 8mins for 105 miles.

Now that I work for myself I'm so poor and work so much my car sits in the garage and my skins hang in the basement and there's laundry hanging off my bike. :rolleyes:

post-7318-1204248188.jpg

School is sucking up a lot of my free time but I still manage to shoot on a steel tip dart team once a week.

I do ride a motorcycle but I don't think of that as a hobby. It's more along the lines as a bitching way to get to work and blow off some steam at the same time.

I also have a '78 BMW R/100 that's waiting for me to rip down and restore....one of these days.

Family is very important, friends too,.

Moto Pilot, is that YOU on the bike?

That is one hell of a jump!

Those coke machines are cool!

Drawing designing, tinkering,....

I like making hill billy furniture and stuff, chainsaw sculptures, Tractors, fine Art, Rock collecting

Cars, harley's, Body Art, shooting,

Attached pics of my bike I sold to help fund the 68 Bird My new old toy :super::haha: :haha: :haha:

post-9483-1204254534_thumb.jpg

post-9483-1204254551_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gas Giant

So Gas Giant....ya got some #s? :ded: I'm sticking to camp, guns and fire for awhile I can understand that

taking a stab at my name I was/am in Boy Scouts, I'm helping out as an adult leader as long as I can. So I guess that counts as a hobby. College takes up a massive chunk of time (and brain space, I mean don't they understand I have to memorize everything about my Saigas? shheeesh ).

Other than that I seem to like/be half way decent at taking pictures

post-1914-1204256117_thumb.jpg

Other than that, family and friends take up the little time between the big things. I intend to keep it that way...since you never know what is going to happen tomorrow so enjoy today.

Motorcycles,my pets,guns $ knives,woodworking,music,tinkering in my shop/property,throwing drunkin asshats out of the bar i work part time.I have a 1978 Chevy K10 4x4 in the garage that needs fixed up, but that likely will never happen.Also,ive made a hobby of staying away from any kind of construction work (30years :wacko: )..well,any kind of work actualy ;)

Edited by Pointer

Damn it must be something about Saigas...Until I discovered them, and this website, I was well on the way to getting my Cobra back on the road...one of them, the other two are probably doomed to be parts cars for awhile. I may get around to restoring my 6 cyl "Mach I Stallion" one day but I would be happy just to find the time to work on my main hotrod again some day.

This thread could get relly deep. I've got so many damned hobbies I can't keep up with them all. Check out my profle for a list of a few of them.

For now, here's my Cars and the reason I came up with this screen name...

post-1293-1204264158_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1204264317_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1204264345_thumb.jpg

Every time I walk past it in my garage carrying one of my Saigas or AKs, I swear I can hear it hissing at me! :cryss:

Right before I took up spending so much time with Saigas, I fully restored this 1965 Massey Ferguson 135 Deisel to use here on my land. It saves me tons of work! It's been rebuilt from the ground up, all parts stripped and repainted or replaced. The Cummins deisel engine is rebuilt, new hydrolics, new everything. It will surely still be around long after I'm gone.

Before

post-1293-1204264826_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1204265497_thumb.jpg

After

Need to find a better pic, this one's in the background behind a more recent project...kinda like the Stangs are...lol.

post-1293-1204265420_thumb.jpg

Here's a couple showing "Nellie" at work. I used her to build this 1000+ pound granite bench by the pond BY MYSELF :smoke:

Tractors are cool like that, you can do all kinds of stuff by yourself that would take ten men to do by hand.

post-1293-1204265758_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1204265771_thumb.jpg

Cobra, sweet tractor!

Massey Ferguson, now that's a classic! it looks in awesome shape

Scout Joe, no numbers, sorry, I am married.

Before I also forgot to mention I am a bicycle nut

attached pic 1980 custom refurbished french Motobecane 10 speed

post-9483-1204328297_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gas Giant

I used to go by one of them MF tractor dealers, stopped in dozens of times trying to get one of their MF hats. They kept ordering cases of them, but I never got one. The guys said that the damn things went out the front door faster than they came in the back door!

I STILL want one of them MF hats!

That looks EXACTLY like my first car. It's a 76, right?

Mine is sitting in my Dad's barn back in Ohio. It doesn't have the guts of Cobra's engine though.

+1 on the car guy thing, though I wish I had more time and money to spend. I've got an 01 Cobra now, but sorry, no pics to put on (at least not on this computer).

The coke machine? Reminds me of the good old days when it was still OK to have them in the military flying squadrons. That ended when someone decided that the military needed to "de-glamorize" the use of alcohol. Trust me, nobody ever, EVER drank one before a sortie...but quite a few were drank after. I think the real reason they pulled them is because we were all hanging out in the squad bar and not going to the club.

I try to keep my hand in flying, but that's proving to be more and more of a problem.

Edited by Threecard

post-2638-1204348017_thumb.jpg

Hello

I know we all like rifles & guns but what else do you all do for fun?

Well I work on old Coke machines. Nothing like pulling a cold beer from a coke machine.

So show & tell us about other items that you do.

Still an on going project is my Ukrainian/Russian Dnepr MT-16 motorcycle and sidecar. When the weather is warmer I use it daily to ride to work. It's fully licensed and a bit unusual for a motorcycle. For instance the transmission has a reverse gear. The sidecar wheel is shaft driven through a differential from the gearbox on the rear motorcycle wheel. And the spare tire on the back will fit any of the three wheels on the machine. It also rides like a rooskie tractor.

Took about a year to build....another two years of various upgrades to make it a reliable runner. It's a great machine and a good conversation starter.

School is sucking up a lot of my free time but I still manage to shoot on a steel tip dart team once a week.

I do ride a motorcycle but I don't think of that as a hobby. It's more along the lines as a bitching way to get to work and blow off some steam at the same time.

I also have a '78 BMW R/100 that's waiting for me to rip down and restore....one of these days.

Hello, GunnyR

I, too, have an old Airhead...It's been "restored" before, but it's waiting in crates to be mod'ed further. It's a '80 R100S that is now a 1050 w/ nearly all of the "CC Products" stage IV stuff, a K1100 Marzocchi cartridge front end (much bigger/better brakes) and a myriad of other bits and pieces. One reason for the "re-do" is to un-modify the motor a bit....With oversized valves, hi-lift rockers, and a race-grind cam, I just didn't care much for the loss of low-end grunt. Putting in a stock cam, powder-coating the frame, frame mounting the "S" fairing, etc.

-Gotta love those Airheads!

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston