Want to play a game?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the fun and for giving us a good reason to log on Mike.. Everyone is a winner! Now get back to work.. box up them sold drums and ship them out..

The only drums that exist right now are the ones from the test run. That's why we are all evaluating them, to iron out any minor problems before they get mass produced.

Thanks for the fun and for giving us a good reason to log on Mike.. Everyone is a winner! Now get back to work.. box up them sold drums and ship them out..

The only drums that exist right now are the ones from the test run. That's why we are all evaluating them, to iron out any minor problems before they get mass produced.

Cobra is correct. Production hasn't started yet. The drums you are seeing are of the 25 test units I received from the tool builders to check the mold accuracy and test for function and stuff. There are some very slight adjustments being made to the molds and they won't take long at all to do. This is minor stuff. I just want them to be the best they can be. I know the reviews have been good on the testers I sent out but I am making some improvements past that! It won't be long and I'll be posting an update soon to bring everyone up to speed.

451? A friend thought this number sounded good.

Well, It looks like you have some serious thanking to do to that friend! My number was 462 and from the looks of Racegal's post and acer's list (thanks by the way) you are the winner!!! Congratulations!!!! I hope you have fun with it!

Mike,

First of all thanks. From the first time I bought a Saiga til now it seems like you have taken care of any needs I had. From selling me my first high cap mags to helping me sell my stuff when I needed money. Hell you should see if RAA or Russia will let you sign off on a limited edition autograph version. You deserve it. Yes I have already called and thanked my friend. He is Domar from this site and he had already picked a number and then said this number "popped" in his head. Any one in Western Kentucky, Northwest and Central TN, or Southern Indiana want to help and test the drum then lets do it. I have one range 5 minutes away, one is 20 minutes away, and two are an hour away. You guys think I should take this by the Wraithmaker guys and show them what a drum should be? They are only an hour away. Nah, i'll just let them keep dreaming.

Thanks again,

Phillip

Congratulations philq80! Don't forget to get a tube of graphite, or silicone powder, or silicone paste wax and let us know your results.

Mike - How many empty hulls are in that pile? Then translate that into how much money for that test. :)

I am estimating the hull pile is around the 8000 mark. I spent just under $6000.00 :eek: on ammo for this round of testing!!! The high brass and buck and slugs will eat you alive. My dad asked what I spent and when I told him he was like "What! Did you really need to buy that much....?" I felt it was completely necessary! I still have around 4000 rounds of value pack birdshot left and a maybe 1500 rds of buck, slugs and high brass birdshot left. I'll be saving (the most of it) that for when I get the next drums after the mold is tested again with the mods are comlpete to it. I might even buy more! That will probably be the end of next week and I have a great feeling that that will be it and I can sign off on the tooling and get production going! Things are going great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :super:

:super::eek::super::eek::super::eek::super::eek::super::eek::super::eek::super::eek::super::eek::super::eek::super:

I think that everyone here realizes that you are going above and beyond to insure that you deliver a FLAWLESS Drum. I just thought it would be interesting for them to realize that it is not all time spent scratching your head, there is indeed a very substantial cost to even testing the PRE-PRODUCTION PROTOTYPES. What these folks are receiving for the first 1,000 at $165.00 is indeed the bargain of the century.

Edited by 1911

WOW that's a lot of $$$ :cryss: BUT it really goes to show why this drum WILL work from the 1st production run----Mike knows how to deliver a product and won't deliver it until it's something he would want to spend his hard earned money on....that's the right way to do business!!! There are some in the firearms/firearms accessory "industry" that deliver the first item they make and then don't stand behind it and are generally rude and unresponsive----then there are the Mikes, Tonys, Richard Lages that spend the time, money and dedication to only deliver the best possible product and they stand behind it and keep everyone posted on the progress (and even set backs...).....so Thanks again Mike for you hard work!!!!

From that pile of shells, I'm guessing there's a large percentage of retarted animals and dirty water in Mikes area. :smoke:

I have already been worring about that. When the ground thaws this spring I'm going to dig out the hole with a back hoe and scrap a few inches of top soil off the surrounding area and take it to the appropriate dump. I don't want that shit here.

From that pile of shells, I'm guessing there's a large percentage of retarted animals and dirty water in Mikes area. :smoke:

I have already been worring about that. When the ground thaws this spring I'm going to dig out the hole with a back hoe and scrap a few inches of top soil off the surrounding area and take it to the appropriate dump. I don't want that shit here.

Mike I do not know how many more rounds you plan to fire, but one of those round bales of hay would be a perfect pellet catcher and then when its done it can be disposed of however you feel is the right way to do it.

you might also not shoot over your water supply :)

where I shot, the well was downhill from the place where a LOT of lead resides. When the house was sold, the well water was subjected to tests, and I asked quietly to see the lead readings on the sheet, and it was negligible.

what you need to do next is take some of that small skeet pellet loads, and see how high you can get a beer can to go with 20 rounds straight up. my personal best with 5 rounds is about 50-60 feet. You should film it. Its pretty hillarious to watch the shooter running around trying to stay directly under the can. Make sure you have your eye protection on. :)

Edited by Bvamp
Mike,

First of all thanks. From the first time I bought a Saiga til now it seems like you have taken care of any needs I had. From selling me my first high cap mags to helping me sell my stuff when I needed money. Hell you should see if RAA or Russia will let you sign off on a limited edition autograph version. You deserve it. Yes I have already called and thanked my friend. He is Domar from this site and he had already picked a number and then said this number "popped" in his head. Any one in Western Kentucky, Northwest and Central TN, or Southern Indiana want to help and test the drum then lets do it. I have one range 5 minutes away, one is 20 minutes away, and two are an hour away. You guys think I should take this by the Wraithmaker guys and show them what a drum should be? They are only an hour away. Nah, i'll just let them keep dreaming.

Thanks again,

Phillip

Oh hell yes. I will be at Knob Creek on 3/29 for an annual shoot we do. See KY forum in arfcom for details. I will be camping out there that Saturday night. If you don't come to the shoot I could possibly swing by and shoot with you that Sunday. Just depends on how far west of Knob Creek you are, I live In Indy. I do not have an S12 of my own to bring but I can bring ammo.

Either way, glad it ended up in our "hood" so to speak.

Things are going great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :super:

Good to see you so "relaxed." I think it's been fun watching this whole project.

Now, there is not going to be any surprises like you being linked to high price hookers, right? Then again, would any of us care?

PS how about a discounted price if I come help shovel empty hulls! What a great pic.

Edited by Zoub