MD Arms 12Ga 20 Rd Drum TEST SHOOT

The MD 20 is the coolest thing I've held since the 'Ruby of Cyttorak' that transformed me into the Juggernaut!

Since the what what of what? Haven't heard much of Mike lately. He must be hard at work to make us even more proud and content with him. We love you Mikey. And thanks for all you do too Jugger. Really. And all the mods. FMJ.

Edited by saiga12fan
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The MD 20 is the coolest thing I've held since the 'Ruby of Cyttorak' that transformed me into the Juggernaut!

Since the what what of what? Haven't heard much of Mike lately. He must be hard at work to make us even more proud and content with him. We love you Mikey. And thanks for all you do too Jugger. Really. And all the mods. FMJ.

Cain Marko has possession of a Ruby from the lost temple of

Cyttorak...It gave him great power & turned him into a human Juggernaut

with its transference of its mystical energies...His helmet and skullcap

are comprised of an unknown indestructible metal (Reportedly developed by Dinzag!).

No offense meant to Juggernaut and Dinzag, but FTE is what I was hoping to hear.

I love to see the videos of the shottys with drums spitting out the shells as quick as the guys can pull the trigger with no problems, as I hope to do the same thing myself :wub:

FWIW, I had feed issues in the beginning of the day.

I just think the drum needed to be raped of it's newness..

mine was runnin like a top 2nd half of the shoot!

my arm/shoulder is about 40 funky colors not including my tattoos! LOL!!!!

Edit to add: No Offense taken as mine did not mis feed in the double drum dump!

no it didn't need to be raped of its newness.... you needed to clean your gun! :lolol:

My shoulder was pretty weird for the last couple of days also... it didn't turn too many colors but for the first time in my shooting life it lumped up... it was actually swollen. I roughly added up what I shot and it was close to 600rds. Between the S12 and the M-44 I probably should have expected worse.

Joe, your S12 & Devin's one wouldn't lock it up. The Drum would bottom out on the bottom of the receiver just before clicking in.

Just pre-production issue. If you want I will file it down a tad and you can borrow it if you like.

The misfire was a FTE. Had some here & there, but no worries. :smoke: That plum S12 was never fired before I took it out that day, nice way to pop her cherry. I had a couple in my AGP's as well.

I did have the drum spring pop out on the last little session, out of the carrier gear, and it rendered itself unusable. A quick teardown at home found the problem & I reassembled. Mike had us wind them to 4 turns when they were designed for 3, I'm guessing the extra load popped it out of the hole. When I reassembled, I wound it to 3 turns to try that.

Oh yeah the scoop mod makes them 3x easier to load, literally. :up:

I'm very happy with how it ran. Sorry it didn't lock up in your 12 Joe, but we'll give it another run. Just say the word.

Would be nice to see a few others there too, seriously guys, we don't bite. It was a lot of friggen fun! :smoke:

I honestly will not be surprised if there are a few fitting problems here and there no matter how hard Mike tries because of the S12's all being a tiny bit different.

If its little things like filing off .005 off of a corner on the drum so it will more securely lock in that particular shotty, I am sure that the vast majority of us will be happy as hell and there will of course be a couple of bitchers, no matter how hard he tries for perfection.

I will be glad when Mike gets this one done so he can start on the 3 inch. If I remember correctly he said that it may be possible for those of us that have bought the first drum to just buy the 3" body and use the innards of the 2 3/4 drum so we can swap back and forth.

I hope it works out that way at least. :rolleyes:

Joe, your S12 & Devin's one wouldn't lock it up. The Drum would bottom out on the bottom of the receiver just before clicking in.

Just pre-production issue. If you want I will file it down a tad and you can borrow it if you like.

I did have the drum spring pop out on the last little session, out of the carrier gear, and it rendered itself unusable. A quick teardown at home found the problem & I reassembled. Mike had us wind them to 4 turns when they were designed for 3, I'm guessing the extra load popped it out of the hole. When I reassembled, I wound it to 3 turns to try that.

I'm very happy with how it ran. Sorry it didn't lock up in your 12 Joe, but we'll give it another run. Just say the word.

Would be nice to see a few others there too, seriously guys, we don't bite. It was a lot of friggen fun! :smoke:

Thanks for the offer, but responsibility is taking over and I'm gonna have to ease back on shooting a little bit since Eaton decided to send our plant to Messico... and I don't have a job anymore after the 18th :ded:

I was curious about what had happened to the spring... you said it broke when we were out there, wondered how bad it was.

No stress, thats what the pre-production tests were for right?

And no prob... I'll let you know when I can afford some more ammo to go unleash hell on another couple boxes of clays, maybe I'll have enough brain to bring my thrower too and we can get 2-3 birds in the air.

Speak for yourself I'm a biter... when my wife is around... But definetly, it was a helluva day, I like to think we kept up on a coolness level with the F/A guys that were there, they WERE full auto but they weren't spraying 20rds. of 12 gauge at a time... were they? WERE THEY?!? :smoke:

Thanks for the offer, but responsibility is taking over and I'm gonna have to ease back on shooting a little bit since Eaton decided to send our plant to Messico... and I don't have a job anymore after the 18th :ded:

I was curious about what had happened to the spring... you said it broke when we were out there, wondered how bad it was.

No stress, thats what the pre-production tests were for right?

And no prob... I'll let you know when I can afford some more ammo to go unleash hell on another couple boxes of clays, maybe I'll have enough brain to bring my thrower too and we can get 2-3 birds in the air.

Speak for yourself I'm a biter... when my wife is around... But definetly, it was a helluva day, I like to think we kept up on a coolness level with the F/A guys that were there, they WERE full auto but they weren't spraying 20rds. of 12 gauge at a time... were they? WERE THEY?!? :smoke:

He didnt say the spring broke, but that it popped out of place possibly from being over tensioned. As long as it didnt hurt the holes that the tabs of the springs go into, not a big deal really as far as I can see.

He didnt say the spring broke, but that it popped out of place possibly from being over tensioned.

Actually he DID, on Saturday, hence the "when we were out there" part

I am sure that you are happy to hear that it didnt break but popped out of place instead, as he noted in his post above. I know I am.

Of course I'm happy it was just the tension, it's not like I'm trying to make it out to be a piece of crap, it just didn't work in my gun. I was just giving an honest, unbiased bit of information. And I'm sure with minor tweaking it would work. And other than tiny intolerances which I highly give Mike credit for making work on 5(?) of the 6(?) guns we had out there, the drum is everything everyone could hope for... even as a pre-production sample.

Of course I'm happy it was just the tension, it's not like I'm trying to make it out to be a piece of crap, it just didn't work in my gun. I was just giving an honest, unbiased bit of information. And I'm sure with minor tweaking it would work. And other than tiny intolerances which I highly give Mike credit for making work on 5(?) of the 6(?) guns we had out there, the drum is everything everyone could hope for... even as a pre-production sample.

I am really glad to hear from all of you guys how good a product it is. Sorry that it wouldnt fit into your shotty, but like you said it is surely something small and most likely easily fixed given the time to give it a look over.

He didnt say the spring broke, but that it popped out of place possibly from being over tensioned.

Actually he DID, on Saturday, hence the "when we were out there" part

I am sure that you are happy to hear that it didnt break but popped out of place instead, as he noted in his post above. I know I am.

Yeah, I thought it broke when we were there because it was making a scraping sound when I spun it, but that was just the end of the spring rubbing inside.

All good now... :smoke:

Nope, just load it up. You must have a chinese? The romy drum I have doesn't allow for winding up.

Yep mine is Chinese, have had it for years. Load it up and crank it 4 times and rock and roll ;)

I was on my way back here to update my post before anyone saw it, because it had hit me of the people complaining how hard Mikes drum was to load, and that wold have had to have been under pressure. Doh :ph34r: