hi ,

thought i would start a thread on the topic of sights, found some dirt cheap ar15 rears on amazon and wanted your opinion im getting a spetsnatz 3 which comes with a pitcanny reciever do you think these are for airsoft ? Anyone used krebs peeps thanks for your help.

http://www.amazon.com/Leapers-Complete-Mat...5988&sr=1-1

heres the link thanks For ya help, heres a pic of the saiga 12 im going to get do you guys think a krebs rear peep sight Could be put on it? Also got the info

PRICE (Saiga-12K "SPETSNAZ-3") | Section 1, smooth-bore semi-automatic shotgun, 24" (61cm) barrel length, SVDS-type fixed alloy buttstock, manual bolt holder, AK-type handguards & gas tube with adjustable gas port, tactical pistol grip, siderail and Picatinny (Weaver) rail scope mounts, 11mm dovetail rail to take laser or flashlight, AK-type iron sight system, flash hider, magwell & one 8-round magazine

:ph34r::ded:

post-9701-1204346131_thumb.png

I want better rear sights too. I put the AK style front sight from this board on my S12 and like it a lot because it gives a longer easier sight line.

Cobra jury rigged a rear glock pistol sight but he used support from the rib sight to do it. What would be ideal is someone to pipe up and say "Hey folks with a little tweaking I got X rear sight to fit snuggly in the S12 dovetail".

That sight is nice but you would have to figure out how to get a weaver rail on the rear sight dovetail and then it would sit too high.

Rocinante,

Do you have the specs on the Glock sight Cobra put in? It looks like it would be best to not use a rail if your going to mount a pistol sight in the dovetail. I too have the front sight and I'll chime in what I find a pistol sight that will squeeze in there to compliment it.

Would anyone be interested in re-tapping the threaded front sight post/gas block for a different screw in? Probably a drill out(slightly) and re-thread process....I'm investigating this more.

hi ,

thought i would start a thread on the topic of sights, found some dirt cheap ar15 rears on amazon and wanted your opinion im getting a spetsnatz 3 which comes with a pitcanny reciever do you think these are for airsoft ? Anyone used krebs peeps thanks for your help.

http://www.amazon.com/Leapers-Complete-Mat...5988&sr=1-1

heres the link thanks For ya help, heres a pic of the saiga 12 im going to get do you guys think a krebs rear peep sight Could be put on it? Also got the info

PRICE (Saiga-12K "SPETSNAZ-3") | Section 1, smooth-bore semi-automatic shotgun, 24" (61cm) barrel length, SVDS-type fixed alloy buttstock, manual bolt holder, AK-type handguards & gas tube with adjustable gas port, tactical pistol grip, siderail and Picatinny (Weaver) rail scope mounts, 11mm dovetail rail to take laser or flashlight, AK-type iron sight system, flash hider, magwell & one 8-round magazine

:ph34r::ded:

Damn I guess we always want what we don't have... That setup on the Spetsatz is the holy grail we are wishing we had here in the US. Several of us have gone the extra mile to duplicate them but the originals would be great IMO.

Since you do have a rail on the dustcover that sight you linked to would probably work if it's not too tall. You would probably have to remove the factory rear sight leaf though. If you want a peep that will replace your existing sight there is one available called the "Mojo" peep sight.

Mike if you just get a replacement Glock pistol sight and trim it to fit inside the factory rib sight rear support, it will do great with your Russian front.

But.....will it co-witness with your rail and optic?

I don't have my gun yet so I'll ask, what size is the dovetail for the rear factory sight (without the rib)? A guy could possibly trim down a 10-22 factory rear sight to fit the dovetail, that was kinda the route I was thinking of, at least for the short term.

Thanks,

ML Roak :devil:

Standard AK sights are held in by horizontal posts that are tensioned by a flat spring under it not at all like the dovetailed pistol sights on the S12. My AK front sight has a lot of adjustment room to raise the front post if needed. That reminds me I wanted to nag juggernaut and find out how he got standard AK style rear sights on his S12. Looked good.

I added an AK front sight, took the rib off, and used the original rear as a housing for a ghost ring rear sight.

It works, but slugs at 100 yds are grouping kinda large, so I made a new rear sight completely from scratch. It has a ghost ring type hole with a U-notched blade directly in front of it. When you look through the hole, it looks like a half moon with the flat side down, and the flat side having a U-notch in the middle of it. This way the notch can be used for slug shooting at distance, and the half moon hole can be used like a ghost ring for shot. This was dreamed up as a direct result of needing to shoot slugs at 80 or so yds. and then shot shells at 15 yds. in 3-gun matches.

I just got it on the rifle 3 days ago, so I haven't actually shot with it yet, but I like the way it looks so far.

PS: The dovetail is just under 3/8", I'm sure something metric, but I just used inch measurements as I was merely duplicating it when I made my sight.

About .370 wide at the bottom with the dovetail being about .08 tall.

Actually, most inch 3/8" dovetails are about .100 tall, so that would make this one wider if it were .100" tall, probably 10mm.

Edited by Gunfixr