7.62 Convert Fiished What do you think?

Nice!! I gotta admit, seeing those hand guards by themselves on various vendor sites and whatnot, I didn't like them. But actually seeing them on a gun, they have a nice look to them. Good job!

The nice thing is the ar solid as a rock. They fit tight I had to hit the bottom and top with a hammer to start them.

There aren't many pics of those handguards actually installed on the internet.

Could you post some close ups?

I was thinking about using the lower with an Ultimak Rail.

Ill put some up later, I will say I didn't think much of them in the bag they came in but they feel so dam solid. You need to install them, and don't file fit them. Hold the lower at a 40 degree angle and smack it with a rubber hammer!!!! you will hear a loud snap and it will be in place. I did both of them and they fit like my GG&G rail on my AR. Solid !!!!! Do the same to the upper on the gas tube. Place it and smack it then twist. They are bad ass. i like the Sig 556 but and the saw grip as a group on the 223.

Edited by Jroberts1968
Nice!! I gotta admit, seeing those hand guards by themselves on various vendor sites and whatnot, I didn't like them. But actually seeing them on a gun, they have a nice look to them. Good job!

Hey here they are sorry for the delay

Picture011.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

Did you swap out your gas tube? What retainer mount in front of the hand guard did you use?

Hey here they are sorry for the delay

Picture011.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

Did you swap out your gas tube? What retainer mount in front of the hand guard did you use?

I dud swap the Gas Tube and used a retainer from global trades in houston. My 223 has on from copes. yes the Tapco looks like poop

Butt Stock Tapco Glass Filled Copes Dist

Trigger: Tapco G2 Single Copes Dist

Grip: UTG Urgo Grip Cheaper Then Dirt

Hand Guard: Maco AK47/74 Rail Cheaper Then Dirt

Gas tube: Bulgarian NEW Global Trades

H/G Retainer: Bulgarian NEW Global Trades

Magazines: Pro-Mag Copes Dist

Flash Hider: A-2 Birdcage Copes Dist

I'm thinking that lower would look pretty nice with the Ultimak rail on top.

Thanks for the pics!!

Playing around with Photoshop can be almost as much fun as getting the parts and putting them on the rifle. Ok - not quite, but it does give a pretty good idea of what could be. Assuming the color match came out correctly, the combination of the two should look something like this.

post-7838-1204636747_thumb.jpg

post-7838-1204637528_thumb.jpg

im glad you posted the pic of your 7.62 and your .223 roberts. i bought that HG from CTD along with a T6...the gun looks sick man! im putting them on a G kit, and i thank you for posting some pics. i was debating about it as well...looks good, thanks for the persuasion!!!

how did the HGs install? several of the reviews on CTD say they didnt' fit well, but most of those are on WASRs. How did it fit on you Saiga?

The fit is tight I think I shaved them down a little:

P1010006.jpg

how did the HGs install? several of the reviews on CTD say they didnt' fit well, but most of those are on WASRs. How did it fit on you Saiga?

Like I said these fit tight very tight, at first I thought I would need to mod them a little. Then I held the gun on the ground, then held the HG at a 40 degrees and smaked it with a rubber hammer, it made a loud snap and then boom it was in. The top was the same way I laid the gastube down and the taped the HG in the did the twist. David if you want a solid fit and grip these are the best HG i have used. I also have a wasr and tried a set on that and they fit the same. I hope that answers you. Now do you like the sig stock on the 223???

Jroberts I assume that you installed the retainer by removing the front sight block and then pressing it on as the retainer I saw on GT's sight looks like that's the only way? Also on the gas tube is it the B 215 bulgarian?

Yes on both the questions, I picked the GT up from Hlobal Ytades, in Houston. The press work was very easy, I used a 6 ton from hatbor freught 39.00 and made a collar from a couple of key grip puller parts. Being a X-Mechnic (yes I know I spelt it wrong Thats Part Of The Joke.) made it easier. One of them I am going to make in to a SBR soon though.