.375 versus .444 Marlin (pic)

I finally received a set of .375/444 Marlin dies and whipped up some ammo today. Here's a pic with the longer .375 rounds (Left) next to the .444 Marlin. I loaded up some longer (300gr) 444 bullets and it seems to feed much better then the short 240 grain loads in the 10rd mags. I am just waiting on the .375 barrel blank and chamber reamer to arrive and then I will build a .375 Marlin .410 Saiga.

Second pic is a .375 Marlin vs. .308

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

444vs375.jpg

375vs308.jpg

I believe the .375/444 is the same as the .375 JDJ and that Hornady produces ammunition for it under the Thompson Center Ammunition label. Could you try some of that ammo with it when you get it built? That way there would be a source for ammunition for those that don't reload. I will be getting into reloading when I get back to the States as I really want to dial in some loads for a few of my rifles so that issue shouldn't be a problem, BUT it sure would be nice to know I could just order some ammo for the rifle if I got lazy and wanted too....plus it would be a good source for brass. B)

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=996747

Edited to add the link.

Edited again after looking at my own link and realizing that Thompson Center (Hornady) has discontinued the product. :blush::(

Edited by us_dragunov
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
No, I haven't fired the .444 again, nor have I received the .375 stuff.

Tony

Any Updates .375/.410?

Also have you ever considered Ruger's .375?

http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammunition/ruger375_080807/

http://www.sportsafield.com/FAQ/images/375comp-1sized.jpg

http://www.sportsafield.com/FAQ/375Ruger.htm

I have the Pac-Nor .375 barrel blank in hand, but I am still waiting for the Manson .375/444 Marlin chamber reamer. As soon as that arrives, I will build the .375. I have 14 Saiga-410's sitting in stock waiting to be converted into big bore rifles.

Let me give you guys a tip here. I can already tell that this is going to be an extremely short lived Tromix product. Just like the 440 CorBon and 44 Rem Mag AR-15's. If you want one, you need to order as soon as I start taking orders. If not, you're going to be out of luck. This is a VERY thin market.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Tony,

Could one of these be made on a standard AK or RPK receiver (using 410 mags), I'd like to have a handgun in 444. In Iowa we can deer hunt with bigbore handguns, but not rifles, and we can't have SBRs (the state is/has been run by raging pussys scared of thier own shadows).

Thanks,

I have 14 Saiga-410's sitting in stock waiting to be converted into big bore rifles.

I can already tell that this is going to be an extremely short lived Tromix product.

If you want one, you need to order as soon as I start taking orders.

If not, you're going to be out of luck.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

When will you be testing these?

What will be the price?

When will you start taking Orders?

How do I get in line?

Any chance at a pre book?

Thank You ...

I've been thinking the 375 Ruger seems to have a lot of potential. I wonder if the S-308 action is long enough for it. Maybe the S-3006 could be converted to the Ruger. On second thought, I wonder if the 375Ruger would exceed the Saiga's limitations......... then there is the question of what would be used for mags with the Ruger cart..

If someone did succeessfully build a S-375 Ruger, I'd would be in trouble. I'd beg, borrow and steal to get one. Well maybe not steal, but maybe pimp myself out to some wealthy old ladies. :D

Edited for spelling error.

Edited by cscharlie
I have 14 Saiga-410's sitting in stock waiting to be converted into big bore rifles.

I can already tell that this is going to be an extremely short lived Tromix product.

If you want one, you need to order as soon as I start taking orders.

If not, you're going to be out of luck.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

When will you be testing these?

What will be the price?

When will you start taking Orders?

How do I get in line?

Any chance at a pre book?

Thank You ...

Estimated Base Price ... ?

I am still waiting for the 375/444 chamber reamer to arrive from Manson. I have 14ea Saiga-410's in stock to be manufactured into rifles. I still need to test the 444 some more before I decide whether to produce it or not.

Rough guess is that the rifles will run about $1,000 complete. Keep in mind the Pac-Nor Stainless Match barrel blank runs $250 prior to any machining.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

P.S. For the 100th time.....NO THE 45-70 WILL NOT WORK. IT WON'T FIT IN THE MAGAZINE.

I have 14ea Saiga-410's in stock to be manufactured into rifles. I still need to test the 444 some more before I decide whether to produce it or not.

Rough guess is that the rifles will run about $1,000 complete. Keep in mind the Pac-Nor Stainless Match barrel blank runs $250 prior to any machining.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Besides the Barrel & Base Gun ... What will be included in this conversion?

The junk that comes with the original .410 shotguns comes with it.

I am not sure what else you are looking for.

Tony

Sorry,

What stock, grip, trigger guard, finish, sights, internals & other modifications, etc?

Any receiver modifications to handle the extra recoil, what about the gas system?

Will the barrel be a 16 or 20?, Will it be threaded for accessories?

Is shipping included? any sort of warranty?

Year supply of Free ammo ?

OK...I didn't realize there wasn't a pic of the gun in this thread.

It will be a SAW pistol grip and Tromix folding stock conversion, with a stainless barrel, most likely 18", threaded 5/8-24.

I am not sure what I will do about a flash hider or brake. Maybe use a shark brake, without the door breaching points.

Vented OEM handguard, Tromix trigger guard, Tromix Short/Reset Triger (SRT)

Standard OEM sights. You'll have to use the side rail for a scope mount.

This is going to be a one-time batch build, so there will be no options available. All guns will be identical.

Tony

OK...I didn't realize there wasn't a pic of the gun in this thread.

It will be a SAW pistol grip and Tromix folding stock conversion, with a stainless barrel, most likely 18", threaded 5/8-24.

I am not sure what I will do about a flash hider or brake. Maybe use a shark brake, without the door breaching points.

Vented OEM handguard, Tromix trigger guard, Tromix Short/Reset Triger (SRT)

Standard OEM sights. You'll have to use the side rail for a scope mount.

This is going to be a one-time batch build, so there will be no options available. All guns will be identical.

Tony

Do you have any Pics?

• 3 weeks later...