Well, what was originally just vjor and myself trying to find someplace in between to meet up and shoot at turned into a great day, with a bunch of great guys and gals! AWESOME bunch of people from the range owner down to the very last person.

We WILL be doing this again, and have the open invite from the range to do so. It wasnt the quantity of people attending (about 40ish I think), but the QUALITY of people! Its a rare thing, especially on a public range with an invitation like we put out there. I was very glad to meet some of the people from here, and spend the day relaxing and blowing the living hell out of the range.

I hope everybody got something out of it. I know that I did. I am sorry that I did not have more time to spend with some of you, and that I did not spend time with a few of you that were there.

Edited by Bvamp
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makc documented test firing of the 20 rounder, I know that much. My father took some pictures with my camera, but they number about 40. no video here from me, sorry! Maybe the other guys got some.

I did get a picture of when the cops showed up and confiscated the drum mag!!!

post-83-1204430394.jpg

Edited by Bvamp

LOL, brother, oh brother ,Man life is good and the best guys to shoot with came to the Saiga shoot out.

Well if any one want pics tomorrow, I am going to sleep. Well no many pics, why because every one

was busy burning powder.

LOL, brother, oh brother ,Man life is good and the best guys to shoot with came to the Saiga shoot out.

Well if any one want pics tomorrow, I am going to sleep. Well no many pics, why because every one

was busy burning powder.

Some of us are just waiting for some pics! :devil:

I got yer damn fries right here buddy!

I do want to thank a few people here, before I kick off for the night -

FLTF3 - great coordination with the range owner, and us, great dude, you made the whole thing doable for everyone, and were key in getting this moved forward

Clyde @ RAAC - for the demo guns, the handouts, and OF COURSE! IMPORTING THESE PUPPIES! Great dude to deal with.

Juggernaut - for the cool shirts for the occasion!

Mike Davidson - for getting a test sample to us there to mess with to TEST and give a battery of users' opinions, some of which should prove helpful across the other test samples that were sent out. I hope your customers continue to be patient, because it looks like you will be able to get it right very soon, and work any bugs out by doing this the right way. I hope your expectations of the alpha tests are acceptable.

The staff at the Manatee Gun Club - for carrying on the same attitude (or lack of it) that we all enjoy together here in the saiga world, and enjoying the day with us! They were a very impressive and professional bunch of guys!

Makc - for starting this whole place where people like this can find each other in this slice of life that is often a bit "sour"

Those of you that came - for being good decent people, like we all should be, and having some fun under the sun!

...and lastly, those of you that didnt come - we hope that you can have confidence to do a specific shoot like we did, to get all the good people together to have some fun and shoot, where smiling and talking is more important than hitting the ceter bullseye or what you have in front of you. I am sorry that you all could not come!

till next time! (It may be sooner than we all think!)

Edited by Bvamp

Manatee is a bunch of good guys, sorry i couldn't be there this time around, i was on duty saterday =( I'm making my way down there April 27th for a tampa forum shootout, everyone here is of course invited...just pretend your a member LOL, anyways,i'm jealous as hell and hope ya'll post up some good vids

I did like that drum. It was hard as hell to load at first, and it didn't like the high-brass slugs I put in it (jams). But at the end of the day, I noticed it was significantly loosened up and it fired 20 slugs without a hiccup. It just needed to be broke in, apparently.

First of all Big thanks to all of you that came and make my day and this shoot out, BIG THANKS BROTHERS.

Second of all BIG THANKS TO FLTF3 this man make things happens for the rest of us.

Now that Jugs send me my fries ( LOL ) here are some pictures, but I really dont took many

as company was so good forgot that even had a camera with me.

Here no names on the pics but here are the few I took. Must of the pics were taken late after noon

I think . Sorry guys no more pics for my part, it was really cool out there and man do we burn some powder last

Saturday, damn I can even still smell it. Man oh man it was great no dick heads, no problems, it was like

every one new every one for long time, like a big family reunion, guys rack guns all day long

pop everything under the sun and like I say FUN UNDER THE SUN.

post-640-1204492100_thumb.jpg

post-640-1204492133_thumb.jpg

post-640-1204492231_thumb.jpg

post-640-1204492264_thumb.jpg

post-640-1204492287_thumb.jpg

post-640-1204492332_thumb.jpg

post-640-1204492365_thumb.jpg

post-640-1204492389_thumb.jpg

post-640-1204492408_thumb.jpg

post-640-1204492468_thumb.jpg

post-640-1204492447_thumb.jpg

post-640-1204492571_thumb.jpg

Looks like a ball...........Sorry I missed it........We always had fun at the three gun matches when we used to get a few S-12's together..................But put me down for next year...... :smoke: ..

Brother you have no idea, man it was so relaxing, people rack guns all days long, from regular .22 to

full auto, and the best is that every one was like really cool about everything, Man I wish we can do this

one time a week but will put me in the poor house, burn ammo like it was not tomorrow. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And hope to see you there in the next one.

Edited by vjor

Here is a pic of SaigaNoobie and his woman, myself, vjor, and SaltPeter.

SaigaNoobie is in the background shooting his Saiga 308-1, and thats his woman looking on. She did a bunch of shooting too.

vjor is holding a leo liquid CS cartridge, with SaltPeter explaining to him what it was, and that is the look I get when Im contemplating doing something really stupid and knowing so ahead of time....I was thinking about asking SaltPeter to shoot me with it! I decided to not even bring it up once he told me that he would send it downrange, but the wind was blowing tword us and it would gas the whole firing line out.....

post-83-1204500693.jpg

Me running the drum in my heavily abused Saiga-12 that so many of you have heard about. I did not experience problems with the drum itself during firing, but the cheap ass shells I loaded the drum with, my gun chewed up a couple. A couple of minor issues I noticed, and will be relayed to Mike via Makc.

post-83-1204501290.jpg

Here is FatBoy digging in....great guy, drove all the way from upstate NY to come shoot! (actually, he had business in SC this week, and made the extra leg down early to get out of the cold and come thaw out and do some shooting.)

post-83-1204506068.jpg

So am I allowed to post pictures in here from the northern mini version of the saiga shootout?

yeh why not, do it up, I will ahve one of the guys edit the topic to reflect both shootouts! Im sure it wont need explaining which shoot is which LOL COLD WAS IT?

yeh why not, do it up, I will ahve one of the guys edit the topic to reflect both shootouts! Im sure it wont need explaining which shoot is which LOL COLD WAS IT?

Cold wasn't a problem (it was a balmy 35 degrees with the sun out) the snow was

post-1914-1204512620_thumb.jpg

post-1914-1204512633_thumb.jpg

And since the CHEVY in the group lost his 4-wheel drive that day we were kinda screwed for getting the stuff up the hill to the range so we improvised.

post-1914-1204512800_thumb.jpg

That's a Klondike derby sled...full of ammo :) this sucked pulling it uphill, like massive industrial sized shop vac suck.

post-1914-1204512904_thumb.jpg

We had a nice sample of tools of the trade :smoke:

post-1914-1204512982_thumb.jpg

Me rocking out with my Saiga x39 it was sooooo dirty....it was almost as dirty as the 12 gauge (which I finally took the piston out to clean, the first time ever and I've owned my gun for 3+ years now)

post-1914-1204513623_thumb.jpg

post-1914-1204513541_thumb.jpg

post-1914-1204513035_thumb.jpg

With new sights via Dodgeturbo :super:

post-1914-1204513201_thumb.jpg

and the reason we planned this...I actually hit the air pocket above the tannerite there and caused it to spin I don't have that picture yet

post-1914-1204513253_thumb.jpg

So we just added a fresh one :lolol:

post-1914-1204513518_thumb.jpg

I think we had enough firepower :killer:

Not as big as some of the other shoots I've been to but I do enjoy this crew I was with. I have some video's but I'm not sure how to post them....but my buddy loaded one up on you-tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9peEDW_EeII

Edited by scoutjoe