• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an awesome day! Great weather, great folks, and just an all around great time. Thanks again to everyone who made it down.

All-in-all our little group was well recevied by the folks at the range. From the regulars who couldn't resist finding out what all the RAT-TAT-TAT was about to the numerous compliments we got from the RSO's, we made a huge impression. And Gene Pitts, the owner, asked me to pass along his personal thanks and that we are more than welcome to hold future events out there.

The only downside is that there was so much going on, that I'm just now fitting board names to a lot of the folks I met ;)

Pics to come...but give me a day or so since it was taken with a camera that still uses film.

the saiga 308-1 I brought performed almost identically to my vepr 308.

SaigaNoobie ran a lot more rounds down his than I did mine, but I was able to hit anything I pointed it at!

Its a nice gun. A bit more on that later.

I was a bit distracted by the company and things to shoot at....

post-83-1204571999.jpg

Edited by Bvamp

I should have sent instructions for the finger and flesh saving way to load the drum. I only found out the best way to load it myself a week ago Saturday. My brother showed me! After all this time and all that pain and I never figured it out for myself. Someone else had to show me how to load my own damn drum :lolol: , and the answer was as close as my brother the whole time! You want to press the top round down with the palm of your hand that will be loading the next round. It helps to put a slight directional pressure towards the wall holding the scoop. With the other hand hold the shell down with your finger or thumb back by the feedlips. Then put the next round in and make sure it is slid all the way back. With just a little practice you will be loading them fast as hell and pain free. You will be sliding the shell back and pressing it down in basically one motion!

Looks like you guys had a good time. Wish I could have been there!

I should have sent instructions for the finger and flesh saving way to load the drum. I only found out the best way to load it myself a week ago Saturday. My brother showed me! After all this time and all that pain and I never figured it out for myself. Someone else had to show me how to load my own damn drum :lolol: , and the answer was as close as my brother the whole time! You want to press the top round down with the palm of your hand that will be loading the next round. It helps to put a slight directional pressure towards the wall holding the scoop. With the other hand hold the shell down with your finger or thumb back by the feedlips. Then put the next round in and make sure it is slid all the way back. With just a little practice you will be loading them fast as hell and pain free. You will be sliding the shell back and pressing it down in basically one motion!

Looks like you guys had a good time. Wish I could have been there!

Mike you were there through ways of your drum. Nice to see the drums in action.

The Florida shootout was a blast, aside sqeezing a few rounds and having all the stress melt away, it was truly awesome to meet so many great people in one place. It was well worth a drive from Atlanta. Huge thanks to Florida folks for your hospitality!!!!

Here is some more pics, enjoy.

FloridaShootout001.JPG FloridaShootout002.JPG

FloridaShootout003.JPG FloridaShootout004.JPG

FloridaShootout005.JPG FloridaShootout006.JPG

FloridaShootout007.JPG FloridaShootout008.JPG

FloridaShootout010.JPG FloridaShootout009.JPG

FloridaShootout011.JPG FloridaShootout012.JPG

FloridaShootout014.JPG FloridaShootout013.JPG

FloridaShootout015.JPG FloridaShootout016.JPG

FloridaShootout018.JPG FloridaShootout017.JPG

FloridaShootout020.JPG FloridaShootout019.JPG

FloridaShootout023.JPG FloridaShootout022.JPG

was VERY good to meet you Zelik! I am sorry that I did not spend more time talking with you!

Glad to finally meet you as well! (now I know why you were commenting how you were, at the end! )

Those of you that did not attend....you have no idea how cool this was. It made me sad to leave, actually.

everyone was exactly who they said they were, and it was only good people.....I hope you all can get events going near you like this! I am still sitting here thinking "what a day".....very rare thing....other than me raking the range with buckshot a few times, I cant think of anything bad??? (hey, I have to demonstrate the lethal power of the s12 as I know it)

Some videos made by Zelik and his brother!

SaltPeter blasting out of the MD-20

Zelik - side-by-side .45 are fun!

SaltPeter with his AR!

Me with MD-20 and crap ammo!!!

BVamp, loading, and *un*loading the MD-20!!!

Thanks BOSS! was waiting for this!

my s12 is finicky. dont let that video turn you off thinking the drum dont work!

and ya know what? if it does? I dont care! :) I had fun.

I guess I may have handled a gun before in my life.....

You cannot buy my saiga in the video. it is mine. period. I keep telling you guys, and I hope some of you will listen! :)

And finally...pics from the other side of the bench ;)

Early morning view of the range

Right side

FL000020.jpg

Left side

FL000021.jpg

A quick break while we "found" more car parts to shoot up

FL000001.jpg.

Bvamp, I swear that isn't your missing door in the picture

FL000002.jpg

SaigaNewbie and his better half waiting for Mike to finish up with the Uzi

FL000004.jpg

FL000005.jpg

Me (FLTF3) punching holes in car doors with the Uzi

FL000008a.jpg

FL000009a.jpg

FLTF3's Dad getting comfy with the Uzi

FL000006.jpg

FL000007.jpg

repetesale with the Uzi

FL000010.jpg

FL000011.jpg

FL000012.jpg

FL000013.jpg

After this picture, it took 10 of us to pry the Uzi out of repetesale's hands

FL000014.jpg

Even the RSO's couldn't resist having a little fun

FL000003.jpg

Our end of the bench. And yes, that's my custom .308 on the far left that Bvamp out-shot me with...BASTARD! ;)

FL000015.jpg

The suppressed MAC-11 (aka "the buzz saw")...what a fun little toy that was

FL000016.jpg

repetesale with his Mossberg 500 trying to keep pace with the Saiga-12's

FL000017.jpg

FL000018.jpg

FLTF3's Dad fine tuning his AR

FL000019.jpg

Once again, I can't say enough about how tremendous this day was or how down to earth all the folks that showed up were. Thanks to everyone who showed up! From shooting charged fire extinguishers, car parts, tannerite, water bottles, not-so-fresh fruit, and anything else that wasn't nailed down, it was a great day. Plus Bvamp came with a ton of cool RAAC swag and the shirts from Juggernaut were top notch...nice touches that put this event over the top! And as good as this shoot turned out, I'm going to make it my business to help make next year's event even better.

I have a ton of great memories from that day and hope to see all of you again next year, along with a whole bunch of new faces!

Last but not least, I'd like to send special thanks Makc, Bvamp, repetesale, Vjor, Juggernaut, RAAC, and Leo and Bryan from Viking Kitty Armory for making this event one of the best I have had the pleasure of being a part of. Great job guys!!!

FLTF3

Man, I thought I was bummed last sat in the hospital. now I am down right ready to cry like a schoolgirl. IT LOOKS LIKE THE GOOD OL DAYS MAD MINUTE TIME! glad y'all had a fun and safe shoot. hope to make the next one. anyone wanna trade me a good solid working heart for 20 s-12's and 100 crates of ammo. going once............ well I didnt think so. you young guys,DONT SMOKE! Even if ya in the shit one day.Me and my girls are gonna try and make the lakeland show this weekend. well I hope that pans out im still fubar. thats enough whining for tonight.ANYWAY AWESOME DAY FOR YOU GUYS,WELL DONE AND THANK YOU FOR THE INVITE!

best regards david

ps see ya there next time!

"Our end of the bench. And yes, that's my custom .308 on the far left that Bvamp out-shot me with...BASTARD!"

hey, really, FLTF3, I didnt outshoot you. You put me on the spot, and I showed you that I know what I am doing! THANK YOU for letting me shoot that thing! REAL nice gun, it was a privledge! It distracted me from my PSL as well as my s308-1 tests! WHAT A GUN! I saw you throw a quick one or two right in there, when I was done! :) Really, thanks for letting me shoot that tack driver! I know that it must have cost you plenty to get it where it is, and I know the AMMO you handed me cost a great deal. It is one of those "unfairly accurate rifles" that I mention once in a while. I will be sure to boast to my Brother about it for you! He will be jealous!

thanks again to you all for taking the time to spend together, as we all should do.

The-collectorFL - I was hoping to see you there! Shooting with friends, (and well, shooting, period), it envigorates the soul! I really expected to have to push your car out of the quicksand next!!!! :)

Edited by Bvamp
The-collectorFL - I was hoping to see you there! Shooting with friends, (and well, shooting, period), it envigorates the soul! I really expected to have to push your car out of the quicksand next!!!! :)

no shit, that was not my lucky weekend :ded: good news is I am going up to the hernado range. it is right there at chaskawiska (spelling I know) area, I used to hunt that place alot when I was a kid. used to be a bunch of bears in there and walked up on one during a hunt. it just looked and walked away. anyway I have not shot up there in all the years they been there but got an invite so I am gonna try to make it. if I hit quicksand I will call you on my sat phone :cryss: later...

best regards dave

Some videos made by <font color="#0000FF">Zelik</font> and his brother!

SNIP

BAH, no one got me on video bumpfiring the whole 20rds?

post-3-1204563968_thumb.jpg

That Photo contains Remington "Sluggers" 2 3/4", Federal Target Load and Remington game load (7 1/2 shot and 6 shot respectively... 2 3/4")

As you can see from post-3-1204563954_thumb.jpg I also dumped the shells onto the dirt/plywood before loading them in.... just for fun :)

BTW, While the jams you see in Bvamp's and Makc's guns happened with the Winchester target load, I had NO FTE/FTF with any of the 3 types I put in the drum.

For those in the Tampa Bay area, Wyoming Antelope Club has an action shotgun shoot on Thursday nights at 6:30. It costs $8 and goes 'til about 9:30. I used to go every week about five years ago but stopped. I just went last Thursday to find that it's still going strong, and still nobody uses a Saiga but me. Some of you guys ought to show up and we'll give these tube magazine guys a run for their money. I plan on being there this week. 7½ - 9 birdshot shells only.